PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 15:02
BentleyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complete nonsense from Unite

Hi there,

Just writing this post from Boston having operated out as volunteer SCCM last night. Nutjob is exactly right with the process being used in CRC.
The place was very busy yesterday afternoon with lots of cabin crew reporting for work.
One of our flight crew vols was sent home as we had four crew report for duty. Neither the CSD or Purser showed up.
So we had me as SCCM, three very experienced crew who were all brilliant, one ex temp back on a new temporary contract (they trained up 60 crew in one week!), who was also brilliant, one customer service agent on her first trip and two other flight crew vols.
The flight was fantastic, we had 238 customers and the service worked really well. The passengers were so appreciative and even gave us a round of applause when we arrived in Boston. Saying bye to everyone at Door 2 was a fantastic experience and I was really proud of everyone on board. Nobody wanted this dispute for sure, but after the way Unite and BASSA have behaved, it was brilliant to see the reaction of passengers yesterday. Now looking forward to tonight's flight home. We only have about 150 passengers going home, but all three Boston flights have operated as full commercial services on each day of the strike and the local staff here are delighted.

I see BA has issues a statement concerning the false information being spread around by BASSA/Unite.

Every time I read their latest bit of diatribe, it makes me so angry, however after a few minutes, that anger turns into confidence that these are the last few throws of the dice for an out of date trade union in dire trouble.
Just a shame a lot of misguided crew are being caught in the crossfire along with the hotheads and militants.

Can't wait to see what my next trip is now. I have a feeling this might go on for a while now....