PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH A320 Rough Landing @ Hamburg
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2008, 16:36
F4F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A4 thanks for your inputs (!) it makes for some very interesting reading and makes me wonder...
hats off to the guys for recovering from a very near disaster
Well, this only can be subjective... had they requested the more into wind runway and had they hold into wind wing down the whole thing might have been a non event

I have never hit the stops with the sidestic
That is an interesting one. I admit having less experience on the Bus than you have, but already hit the lateral stops a couple of times...
Now I must meditate about the reasons for me (and some other guys here) having hit said stops and you not.
Could it be we are conditioned by our previously flown aircraft? Are we too much in a hurry in trying to correct the attitude? Have you ever encountered a situation were quick recovery was due and calmly not used stick to stops? Or is the answer a combination of all these?

squeeze (not kick) the drift off
Fully agree on that one, specially on the -19

As for F3 in gusty winds is a good choice (as on most aircraft), a few pro arguments here are higher approach speed hence stability due to increased apparent wind, better response to control inputs, and less prone to lift a wing. Can't recall anything about a change of law in 3, but never done with learning

live 2 fly 2 live