PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 14th Jun 2003, 22:33
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B47,
Those are some really nice pictures! And that is one piston helicopter (the only one) I would absolutely love to have! Congratulations!

Crop Duster,
Actually while at the airport (taking pictures of crabs), I could hear piston planes buzzing near the airport, I asked and was told there is lot of them around working on Banana, Papaya and Palm plants, I was told it was mostly Piper Pawnees.

A Bell 412 a crop duster? Never seen one, there is a about 5 Bell 212's cropdusting around here, spraying herbicide on pot and amapola for the federal police. It makes my skin crawl to see them work, they spray fields up in the mountains, hidden between trees, and upslope, so they start at the bottom with some airspeed and end up at the top with a pedal (almost hammerhead) turn, and as it manuvers like a bird, you can see the downwash mixing up with the chemical coming out of those loong spray booms while listening to that 48FT main rotor spinning those almost 2FT wide blades, I can't help to get a grin on my face.

I have to get some pictures of that.

Manzanillo port is also a popular stop for tuna spotting boats.