PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2007, 22:39
rsull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I do not work for AAI but I may have a few suggestions that could help.

At the company I work for we do not have a union. We used to have a pilot body that was elected to negotiate with the company on behalf of all crews on issues that effected the pilot body and individuals. That didn’t work so well as when the group didn’t get what the other pilots thought was fair the negotiators were sometimes very harshly criticised and a few even left the company. This created a division and extreme stress in some of the crews for a small gain in T & C’s.

What we do now is pay an Industrial relations lawyer to work on our behalf. Captains pay about $600 and FO’s about $400 per year and that get us a year of his service. We only have a small pilot group and as the company grows and hires more and they join then the costs per member goes down. He has achieved lots more and we have more than covered our costs with increased benefits and conditions. There is no stress to the pilot group, and we have professional legal advice an all matters. He has negotiated our contracts and recently added productivity bonuses.This works really well for us and from what I have read I think it will work well for AAI crews.
We also setup a group forum. The only ones with access are our Lawyer and our pilots.

This is easy to setup and once it is setup then the work required from the pilots is minimum.

Good Luck