PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2007, 18:22
AAI_Operations

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your post Lostinspace, here are my answers for you. Don't hesitate to shoot back if you feel my answers aren't adequate.

A flight deck commitee would be a good start with members elected by line flight crew. They would represent the flight crew on all matters.
That is a good idea!

Also an end to the laying off of well qualified crew because someone in engineering or operations does not like them. If the company has a professional problem with someone the crew member must have a chance to defend themselves. This would mean the Chief Pilot and Chief flight engineer would need to be involved to help the crew not yes men for the company.
Well... They had something that they called "a Forced Vacation" 6 months back. That was due to low demand of flights and unfortunately necessary so the company would survive. But I don't think you are talking about that. When I think back over all the years I have been with AAI, I can only think of two lay-offs where I thought the company was unfair. I guess you guys know of one F/E who got sacked recently, he is one of the unfair ones. Too often pilots have been allowed to go too far before getting laid off. In all cases except in those two I can think of they were well passed their expiration date.

I would have to admit that I would sack 10 or 12 immediately if I held a position to do so. The vast majority of you guys are great, but there are always some that do not belong...

All bases should be shared fairly no matter where you are from including Iceland. If you do a term in Jeddah then you should have chance of a base elsewhere.
True, but some of you guys are so f***ing pushy, threaten to quit, not take a flight and so on... of course they get what they want... and the nice quiet guys don't get what they request. Some might understand this as a hint that they should behave like the others, but it is not. Please don't! I'm not quite sure, but aren't all Icelanders just based in Iceland?

It all boils down to management in Iceland respecting ALL crew members.
True, but do you feel they don't? If you are going to say that they like the Icelanders more you are wrong. It is just that the Icelanders have a union.

I would also like to thank Formally Known As for his post.

Lostinspace could not have made it clearer than that. I suggest you take heed.
I would if I could, but I only fly a desk equipped with a dual monitored computer and an IP phone. The pioneer in a pilots union must be a pilot.

That is all for now

p.s. a closed forum for AAI employees might be a good idea, that might be the beginning...