PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Physical effects of flying......
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2005, 11:13
planejane69

Effects on flying

Yeah have to agree with Argusmoon on that. Ive been flying for 4 years and ive always had problems with my ears, "what!?" , I do a lot of lip reading now... Also suffer now from Cyatica ,( not sure if that's the spelling?).. well, lower back pain from heavy trolleys and stretching to A / F seats.(Manual handling techniques only go so far ye know!)
I drink plenty of water though and actually ive found that my skin condition is far better than that of my non flying chums? Maybe am the exception?
Feet are a big problem, I think like Sainsbury's do for their staff we should have allocated time for the Chiropodist!
As for the immune system, well if a pax has got it when they board - I'll be sure to have it by the time they disembark! and find even the common cold floors me for days!
Miscarriages- I spent 2 years with an airline in Stansted and found it quite shocking the amount of colleauges who were 1. finding it very hard to concieve and 2. often when they did, miscarried.
Things I do to make me feel better at work... Wear support tights, always good for your circulation! Moisturise everywhere before I fly, drink plenty, often use sudafed when me tubes are blocked. Take my shoes off on turnaround when doing cabin tidy
I love flying but it's certainly not good for your health!!