Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Joining Ryanair

Old 1st May 2019, 18:17
  #381 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even more confusing then!

So, if I may ask: if you are based in Spain and live there, the social insurance is paid there, but what about the income tax? Is it paid in Ireland or in Spain?
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 1st May 2019, 20:12
  #382 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe JAA
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Full_blast View Post


It is an Irish contract that does not follow the Spanish law.
Arenít they supposed to follow the Spanish law from the 31st January 2019 according to what they signed with Sepla last October?
aircowboy is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:55
  #383 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: EU
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Newcomer2 View Post
Even more confusing then!

So, if I may ask: if you are based in Spain and live there, the social insurance is paid there, but what about the income tax? Is it paid in Ireland or in Spain?
S.I. is paid in Spain and income tax in Ireland. At the end of the year you'll then pay (or not) any difference in Spain when filing your tax declaration form.


Originally Posted by aircowboy View Post


Aren’t they supposed to follow the Spanish law from the 31st January 2019 according to what they signed with Sepla last October?

They are (were) supposed to do many things.
Even by their own admission they are unable to fully comply with some local laws due to lack of crew (for example the parental leave in Italy) as reported in the latest ANPAC newsletter.
One of the latest news in Spain is that it now seems they have accepted to pay the salary in any European SEPA account, thus eliminating the stupid requirement of having to open an Irish bank account.

To be fair to everybody, it seems that, in certain fields, things are moving towards the right direction, even if at super hyper slow-pace, at least in Spain.



Last edited by Full_blast; 2nd May 2019 at 07:08.
Full_blast is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 07:21
  #384 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe JAA
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Full_blast View Post


S.I. is paid in Spain and income tax in Ireland. At the end of the year you'll then pay (or not) any difference in Spain when filing your tax declaration form.





They are (were) supposed to do many things.
Even by their own admission they are unable to fully comply with some local laws due to lack of crew (for example the parental leave in Italy) as reported in the latest ANPAC newsletter.
One of the latest news in Spain is that it now seems they have accepted to pay the salary in any European SEPA account, thus eliminating the stupid requirement of having to open an Irish bank account.

To be fair to everybody, it seems that, in certain fields, things are moving towards the right direction, even if at super hyper slow-pace, at least in Spain.


Hi Full_blast,

Thank you for your help. According to Spanish law you are entitled to work part time due to kids. Is Ryanair accepting it?

Thank you.
aircowboy is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:08
  #385 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: EU
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aircowboy View Post


Hi Full_blast,

Thank you for your help. According to Spanish law you are entitled to work part time due to kids. Is Ryanair accepting it?

Thank you.
I am familiar to the law you are referring to, and it is in fact one of the major key points SEPLA is trying to get sorted.

The answer is no. You can request parental leave which will be either allowed/denied or assigned at Company's will.
Full_blast is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:17
  #386 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe JAA
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I understand they are not respecting the agreement they signed with Sepla, right?
aircowboy is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:40
  #387 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe JAA
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Full_blast View Post


I am familiar to the law you are referring to, and it is in fact one of the major key points SEPLA is trying to get sorted.

The answer is no. You can request parental leave which will be either allowed/denied or assigned at Company's will.
I am not talking about parental leave. The one Iím referring to is the art 37.5 of the Spanish labor law in which you can work part time (50%, 80% of your normal work) to take care of the kids.
aircowboy is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:00
  #388 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: EU
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aircowboy View Post


I am not talking about parental leave. The one Iím referring to is the art 37.5 of the Spanish labor law in which you can work part time (50%, 80% of your normal work) to take care of the kids.
I know, and I answered.

Again, the answer to your question is NO.

The only thing you get in Spain is P/L with the conditions I told you.
Full_blast is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:19
  #389 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe JAA
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So this article and the agreement is bullshit?

https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.abc....ticia_amp.html

What was the agreement between Sepla and Ryanair if they are not following the Spanish labor law?
aircowboy is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 17:12
  #390 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full_blast, thank you so much for taking time to answer all our questions, it's very helpful!
Not the answer I wanted to hear, as in my personal case I will end up paying a lot more taxes than if I had a full local contract. Hopefully things will change...
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:29
  #391 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worldwide
Age: 42
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As other colleague said. THE PARADISE 🤣
samca is offline  
Old 11th May 2019, 08:45
  #392 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe JAA
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Full_blast View Post


I know, and I answered.

Again, the answer to your question is NO.

The only thing you get in Spain is P/L with the conditions I told you.

Hopefully after this new things will change:

https://www.eleconomista.es/empresas...-espanola.html
aircowboy is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 08:59
  #393 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got a start date who did the assessment in April?
BeGuidedAccordingly is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 12:09
  #394 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brexit and UK bases

Anyone able to confirm whether Brexit uncertainty means UK licenced cadets are getting UK bases?

Thanks,

RL
rogue leader is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 16:05
  #395 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: everywhere
Posts: 81
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From talking to friends who joined recently, they all have had to change the State of Licence issue to the IAA.
I would imagine that will stay the same regardless.
Antonio Montana is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 10:19
  #396 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dublin
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys and Girls, we have have had tremendous success over the last 18 months hiring hiring 400+ Captains from across the globe, with many airlines going out of business including Germania, Primera, Privitair, WOW etc and base closures from Norwegian there was been a solid supply, as a result we have front loaded our Captain recruitment for this year. With new t's and c's, local contracts and very limited hiring elsewhere, we have very low attrition rates. We have no further plans to recruit Non-Type Rated Captains, we will commence recruitment again for Rated Captains in early 2020 for summer 2020 courses. Thanks to everyone who has been to one of our roadshows and met us over the last year. We will continue to hire First officers and cadets and our sister Airline Lauda Motion have open captain opportunities available for both rated and non-rated captains and this will be updated on our website accordingly.
Ryanairrecruitment is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 21:13
  #397 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 32
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I applied in February, and not heard anything yet, I have 2 friends that applied and got called the day after.
Ryanair is my top priority but I don't know what's wrong..
Thanks
IFLYyouBREATH is offline  
Old 18th May 2019, 17:53
  #398 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worldwide
Age: 42
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryanairrecruitment View Post
Hi Guys and Girls, we have have had tremendous success over the last 18 months hiring hiring 400+ Captains from across the globe, with many airlines going out of business including Germania, Primera, Privitair, WOW etc and base closures from Norwegian there was been a solid supply, as a result we have front loaded our Captain recruitment for this year. With new t's and c's, local contracts and very limited hiring elsewhere, we have very low attrition rates. We have no further plans to recruit Non-Type Rated Captains, we will commence recruitment again for Rated Captains in early 2020 for summer 2020 courses. Thanks to everyone who has been to one of our roadshows and met us over the last year. We will continue to hire First officers and cadets and our sister Airline Lauda Motion have open captain opportunities available for both rated and non-rated captains and this will be updated on our website accordingly.
Yeapp, and all this pilots went to Ryanair....
maybe the MAX problem has something to see with?
samca is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 11:50
  #399 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Meteorology Avenue
Age: 42
Posts: 185
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SKG base

Any info about SKG base? How long should a freshly quilified f/o to wait until getting there?
maximus610 is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 14:04
  #400 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 31
Posts: 415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would it be safe to say that a STN FO, once 500hrs+ and upgraded from the cadet contract, would get £4000 net per month?
MaverickPrime is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.