Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

Air Baltic information

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Air Baltic information

Old 19th Jan 2023, 09:42
  #221 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: EU
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanax
Yeah i saw one of their online open days, where a Lithuanian guy was giving a speech. Also, there is so much more information about our assessment then just the recent email. We ARE going to have a half hour sim to see if we can follow instructions. I already found a couple simulators near my location so i could practise it a couple of times before the assessment.
hmm they didn't mention it in the december online open day. I'm guessing it's done in the DA40 sim, do you know?
jojongsa is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2023, 15:18
  #222 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Latvia
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hans brinker
Chance of you ever being in a position to hire pilots at a company I would work for: ZERO
To read airBaltic topic, I guess you are looking to change your current company..I work for airBaltic but I admit is a ****ty contract and joined after I lost my previous job
Can imagine how is your company
ctacik is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2023, 17:15
  #223 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Not your business
Posts: 71
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ctacik
Found some info about the legacy job in France and I can't help my self
If it is the company I mentioned, you tell us that you left airBaltic for the company which is run by B.L.?
We are talking about the guy who used to run the E.A. and had the pilots unpaid for months before shutting it down without paying anyone
How is it possible to embrace the lawful airBaltic and leave it to join the company of that guy?? What was your reason?
I think you greatly misunderstood, or I greatly misrepresented for that matter, my career choice. By legacy I meant historical companies. I don't think many places in Europe beat my current employer in QOL and T&c
I was rather having a general saying about how, having had acmi contract and full time position SIMILAR to AB, you feel much better in the latest
Scagrams is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2023, 21:47
  #224 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jojongsa
hmm they didn't mention it in the december online open day. I'm guessing it's done in the DA40 sim, do you know?
I Think you're right. Im guessing DA40 is easier to manoeuvre and less used
Fanax is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2023, 04:31
  #225 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 56
Posts: 953
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ctacik
To read airBaltic topic, I guess you are looking to change your current company..I work for airBaltic but I admit is a ****ty contract and joined after I lost my previous job
Can imagine how is your company
Im on here because Im an aviation geek. Used to work in the EU, now overseas. Wasnt sure at the time if I made the right choice but definitely not going back. I work 15 days a month, and make more than I spend.
hans brinker is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 11:32
  #226 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrible experience with the assesment test. Only test i felt confident in was a psichology test. Math and physics were not too hard also. But the test where you have to think (iq determination) are given ~5min. Got wrecked the most by test with question without full information. For example there are 5 people in the group, 2 of them like cats 2 of them like dogs and 2 of them like rabbits... you get the idea. 90% that i didnt pass. I guess its time to merge to wizzair forum thread lol.

Last edited by Fanax; 23rd Jan 2023 at 14:12.
Fanax is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 12:12
  #227 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: EU
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maths was pretty easy apart from few, for physics luckily she said you can open a web page for formulas so just got the first result from google of most common physics formulas and that did save a few questions for me. Didn't anticipate needing them as I thought such would be provided if needed like in AON test they were I think. For the IQ stuff I hope they had purposefully too many questions for the time. I got through most of them and still hopeful I did enough. There was in chat that results are coming tomorrow so we'll know very soon how it went.
jojongsa is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 12:34
  #228 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Improving your English could've helped.
Michael S is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 12:36
  #229 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael S
Improving your English could've helped.
english part of the test was one of the easiest. did 60 questions in 10 mins.
also on pilot assesment.com i got 97% for english. so unless you are helping me to fix my mistakes, i dont appreciate haters
Fanax is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 12:44
  #230 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jojongsa
hmm they didn't mention it in the december online open day. I'm guessing it's done in the DA40 sim, do you know?
i saw your message in the email, but it didnt appear in the forum. Anyway, good luck with your test, and lets meet here tomorrow to tell the results.
Fanax is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 14:10
  #231 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fanax
english part of the test was one of the easiest. did 60 questions in 10 mins.
also on pilot assesment.com i got 97% for english. so unless you are helping me to fix my mistakes, i dont appreciate haters
That was a hint that your post was written carelessly, thus very difficult to understand.
Michael S is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 15:58
  #232 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Latvia
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanax
Terrible experience with the assesment test. Only test i felt confident in was a psichology test. Math and physics were not too hard also. But the test where you have to think (iq determination) are given ~5min. Got wrecked the most by test with question without full information. For example there are 5 people in the group, 2 of them like cats 2 of them like dogs and 2 of them like rabbits... you get the idea. 90% that i didnt pass. I guess its time to merge to wizzair forum thread lol.
Don't worry man, I bet you passed. There are some Hassan pilots in airBaltic, no way they did better than you in the IQ tests, after all you pay for the school
Have some cepelinai and a beer and go to bed restless
ctacik is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 16:06
  #233 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ctacik
Don't worry man, I bet you passed. There are some Hassan pilots in airBaltic, no way they did better than you in the IQ tests, after all you pay for the school
Have some cepelinai and a beer and go to bed restless
yeah, but if 400 people try, and only 12 get in, these Hassans have to be good somewhere, right?
Fanax is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 16:17
  #234 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Latvia
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanax
yeah, but if 400 people try, and only 12 get in, these Hassans have to be good somewhere, right?
I don't know the numbers for the pilot school.
Applicant numbers don't say much, some they don't show up for the assessment, some pass and don't sign, that stands for all companies
FYI be positive for the selection, airBaltic will need a lot of pilots soon, KLM is hiring now and probably the Dutch guys will leave
There is a super cool Dutch instructor in the flight school, hope you will catch him
ctacik is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 18:11
  #235 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: EU
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 get in for every group and there is 4 groups a year so 48 total. February group is already full and May probably mostly, still leaves September and November groups that might be largely unfilled. We could guess that there is still around 24 spots unfilled this year. There was around 20 invited for todays test. Based on this lets guess they test out maybe 20 per month. They'd need to select 20% of applicants from these tests over the year. Even more to have buffer for people failing later or not signing. Thats in theory way better odds than 12 to 400 (=3%). BT is gonna need to fill these slots somehow if they are going to receive 11 more A220s in 2 years or so. Also I got the feeling some left the test incredibly quick so either they very real smart or gave up \_(ツ)_/
jojongsa is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2023, 10:18
  #236 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jojongsa
12 get in for every group and there is 4 groups a year so 48 total. February group is already full and May probably mostly, still leaves September and November groups that might be largely unfilled. We could guess that there is still around 24 spots unfilled this year. There was around 20 invited for todays test. Based on this lets guess they test out maybe 20 per month. They'd need to select 20% of applicants from these tests over the year. Even more to have buffer for people failing later or not signing. Thats in theory way better odds than 12 to 400 (=3%). BT is gonna need to fill these slots somehow if they are going to receive 11 more A220s in 2 years or so. Also I got the feeling some left the test incredibly quick so either they very real smart or gave up \_(ツ)_/
Did you got in?
Fanax is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2023, 11:58
  #237 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: EU
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanax
Did you got in?
Absolutely stoked, they just called to congratulate and agree on a time for the HR interview! Time to start prepping for that one
jojongsa is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2023, 20:33
  #238 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jojongsa
Absolutely stoked, they just called to congratulate and agree on a time for the HR interview! Time to start prepping for that one
Congratulations bro! Im happy for you! Now go out there and Finnish the job!
P.S. maybe they mentioned how many ppl passed?
P.S. You have a full inbox.
Fanax is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2023, 21:12
  #239 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: EU
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanax
Congratulations bro! Im happy for you! Now go out there and Finnish the job!
P.S. maybe they mentioned how many ppl passed?
P.S. You have a full inbox.
Thanks! I take it you didn't get the call?
Maybe I'll ask them how many passed if I remember. And I cleared my inbox...
jojongsa is offline  
Old 25th Jan 2023, 08:24
  #240 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Latvia
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanax
Congratulations bro! Im happy for you! Now go out there and Finnish the job!
P.S. maybe they mentioned how many ppl passed?
P.S. You have a full inbox.
Sounds like that you didn't pass. They lost a motivated local guy who would probably stay for ever. When I was a candidate as direct entry pilot, they rejected a Latvian pilot in the sim assessment. He was an experienced guy, even a mistake in sim doesn't mean much and least for pilots who fly on specific SOP's and then they are asked to fly a completely different profile from what they fly as airline pilots. He would probably stay for ever.
Same in your case, I guess the difference in you and someone who passed is how many hours were spent doing math exercises.
I would suggest you to focus on wizz cadet program, they have a base in Vilnius and pay better than AB and provide quicker upgrade to command.
If you wanna to insist, you will have better chances in the near future, is expected a mass exodus of the Dutch pilots as KLM is asking for NTR First Officers, everyone who speaks dutch and have more than 500 hours will apply.
ctacik is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.