Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 20th Nov 2019, 11:30
  #1001 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by LNAV737 View Post
I don’t know which interview you attended but seems like it wasn’t WZZ’s.There is no ‘’NEW TERMS’’ and WZZ has never been pay to fly airline.There is no 2000E gross salary and i don’t know where did it come from ......if u join as a cadet or low time pilot then You’re subjected to so called “Training Salary” which is 800-900 Euros per month until release.If u join with more than 2800 h factorized hours then u get full basic salary from day one including flight pay during your line training.So SFO(more than 2800 h factorized) basic salary gross is 26000 euros per year so during the training and BEFORE your line training u get 2166 Euros per month and u will not pay any tax because initially the income is low.Same applies to DEC, while all other get this training salary.Once you start line training as a DEC or SFO u get full salary.
wrong.
I don't know why people keep spreading wrong info...
We were allowed to take pictures during the roadshow so this is not confidential info. DEC non type rated: 24000 per year during training, 2000 a month GROSS (on a local contract in Romania you will pay 45% taxes on this). Same for fast track captains (rated or not).



Normal basic and variable elements only when released (so after final line check).
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 21:22
  #1002 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: on earth
Posts: 230
So you are telling me an A320 Captain gets paid all of €39000?!? Disgustingly despicable if you ask me. At my last job I made almost 75% of that just in per diems with six months off each year. I can’t wrap my head around why people accept this kind of stuff. I get that not everyone will make 200k, or some not even 100k per year during their career, but this above is just insulting to our profession.
FlyTCI is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 22:10
  #1003 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: between the M6 and M25
Posts: 122
When you add in distance and landing pay it is considerably more.
JliderPilot is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 22:25
  #1004 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: on earth
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by JliderPilot View Post
When you add in distance and landing pay it is considerably more.
What does considerable mean in this case then? I have a feeling your answer will still not impress me.
FlyTCI is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 22:53
  #1005 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 96
Depending on where you are on the payscale (hours in the company), I would say between 6000 and 7500 euros a month after all taxes paid. Keep in mind the cost of living in central and Eastern Europe
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 23:59
  #1006 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by FlyTCI View Post
So you are telling me an A320 Captain gets paid all of €39000?!? Disgustingly despicable if you ask me. At my last job I made almost 75% of that just in per diems with six months off each year. I can’t wrap my head around why people accept this kind of stuff. I get that not everyone will make 200k, or some not even 100k per year during their career, but this above is just insulting to our profession.
As already mentioned, this is only the basic. Once all factors are counted, RL salary is almost double. Second most important, you mention PER DIEM, which is - not being at home. Personally I´m happy to accept a lot less salary and sleep in my own bed, eat quality home-made food, spend time with my family than get per diem and spend it all on restaurants. That´s before I even mention jet lag or living in countries far, far away.
Just like you, I can´t wrap my head why some people would accept THAT for a little more money.
cefey is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2019, 01:42
  #1007 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 1,693
Originally Posted by Newcomer2 View Post
Depending on where you are on the payscale (hours in the company), I would say between 6000 and 7500 euros a month after all taxes paid. Keep in mind the cost of living in central and Eastern Europe
Many Captain do not come close to the 6000 you mention, and that’s before they pay income taxes in their own country, if they decide not to move to the city they are based.
dirk85 is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2019, 08:18
  #1008 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: France
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by dirk85 View Post
Many Captain do not come close to the 6000 you mention, and that’s before they pay income taxes in their own country, if they decide not to move to the city they are based.
There are always special cases, like double taxation; but it's safe to say MOST captains don't suffer double taxation and DO take home between 6k€-7.5k€ after all taxes deducted
Mac Gregor is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2019, 10:17
  #1009 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 1,693
Many of the eastern european captains on the left seat for many years see that money, maybe.
Many other are well short of that amount, and a lot of them will never see it at all.
The only case you dont have double taxation is by moving family and everything to your base country.
Or just stick your head under the sand, hoping that the tax man will never come knocking, which is what most people do in Wizzair, and brag about their salaries
dirk85 is offline  
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 07:49
  #1010 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spa
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by dirk85 View Post
Many of the eastern european captains on the left seat for many years see that money, maybe.
Many other are well short of that amount, and a lot of them will never see it at all.
The only case you dont have double taxation is by moving family and everything to your base country.
Or just stick your head under the sand, hoping that the tax man will never come knocking, which is what most people do in Wizzair, and brag about their salaries
I totally agree with that statement. I recently received a new different local salary which was very dissatisfying. They use a base multiplier that varies from country to country. It is shocking to have such a “new” salary for a skipper on a Bus. On one side you improve your lifestyle by changing base within the company and on the other side you pay the price for it. The tax men will get you if you commute and stay in your home country. I could write a book about what I experienced here already.

Last edited by Racetothebottom; 24th Nov 2019 at 21:20. Reason: Typos
Racetothebottom is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2019, 09:26
  #1011 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Budapest
Posts: 1
Hi Guys,
Wondering how long does it take to get invited after the application for a NTR-Cadet (310 hours). I heard stories from 2 weeks - monthes. Has anyone recently selected?
thx
Gbanderas79 is offline  
Old 8th Dec 2019, 21:21
  #1012 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Poland
Posts: 11
Simple question about their 'beards policy'. I heard that some airlines require pilots to be shaven. Some allow 1-2days beard. And others dont really care about that.

How is it at Wizz?
samatyranin is offline  
Old 10th Dec 2019, 08:42
  #1013 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,744
1-2 day beared? What do they use? a ruler to measure it? I'd love to find out which company that is.
Superpilot is offline  
Old 10th Dec 2019, 15:40
  #1014 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Min rest, aircraft
Posts: 17
Never seen a company taken much effort into that area. Even thought they have these kind of policies (no beards, etc).
As long as you keep it neat and proper. Not homeless style, then everybody is happy
Stuntpiloot is offline  
Old 10th Dec 2019, 21:02
  #1015 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Poland
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Superpilot View Post
1-2 day beared? What do they use? a ruler to measure it? I'd love to find out which company that is.
You know what I mean, dont you? It's not about ruler but about type of beard called after what you have on your face after one or two days without shaving - but well maintained.

It's that some say that beards prevent oxygen masks to create airtight seal between mask and your face in case of depresurisation while... I'm more than sure that Middle East airlines have nothing against beards.

Still no answer for that. Anybody?
samatyranin is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 22:36
  #1016 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mordor
Posts: 296
I personally know a couple of Wizz pilots wearing beards, so definitely not forbidden, at least as long as you keep it relatively well maintained...
Sidestick_n_Rudder is online now  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 08:13
  #1017 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 35
Beard

Originally Posted by samatyranin View Post
You know what I mean, dont you? It's not about ruler but about type of beard called after what you have on your face after one or two days without shaving - but well maintained.

It's that some say that beards prevent oxygen masks to create airtight seal between mask and your face in case of depresurisation while... I'm more than sure that Middle East airlines have nothing against beards.

Still no answer for that. Anybody?
I’ve never heard someone was told off regarding the beard in Wizz .....i think it shouldn’t be your primary concern ...there are bunch of pilots with different hair style and beard so try focusing on something more relevant.Wizz is friendly airline and relaxed....it ain't US Air Force with Yes Sir Captain Sir and stuff.....
LNAV737 is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 16:42
  #1018 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 168
Absolute nonsense! When I was there I had a beard! I know people there who still have beards! Complete tosh!

ps Wizz is a great place to work! Great airline great management great colleagues!
A320baby is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 22:49
  #1019 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Min rest, aircraft
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by A320baby View Post
Absolute nonsense! When I was there I had a beard! I know people there who still have beards! Complete tosh!

ps Wizz is a great place to work! Great airline great management great colleagues!
If so, why did you leave?
Stuntpiloot is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 23:22
  #1020 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 1,693
I beg to differ on the management part but hey, it’s a free country.
dirk85 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.