Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 9th Jul 2019, 12:41
  #941 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by Thepirate View Post
Does anyone have experience commuting with wizz air? Is there a specific roster pattern that allows this. Lets say you found a base with atleast one dct flight to home/day. Will wizz air indulge this or do you have to pretend you live where your based?
Thanks
You can commute, company doesnít care, half of the pilots do it. Very commuter friendly, roster permitting.
dirk85 is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 04:51
  #942 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: vermont
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
Review some maths and conversions, information about the company with bases and destinations. Regardless of your level of experience, rated or not, you will get these questions in the 60 question computer quiz. You actually need to score at least 70% to make it to the next phase.
​​​​​
What sort of questions?
vermont is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2019, 13:43
  #943 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: zagreb
Posts: 9
Hi guys,

I applied in February and still no answer from them except for confirmation email. I have all requirements and 590h. Does anybody else have same situation?
gAndrej is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2019, 13:55
  #944 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: istanbul
Posts: 2
Cadet Program

Hi everyone,
Is there any Wizzair Cadet or anyone in the selection process?
svetoslav_rangelov is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2019, 14:10
  #945 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 1,643
Not all people with the requirements get an interview. In fact, just a small minority. They have plenty of applications, especially from low hours non type rated pilots.
dirk85 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 07:10
  #946 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 32
Application

Originally Posted by gAndrej View Post
Hi guys,

I applied in February and still no answer from them except for confirmation email. I have all requirements and 590h. Does anybody else have same situation?
They slowed down the recruitment and internal upgrades.They have plenty of applicants with low time experience.So far they tend to hire mostly Senior FOís or DEC
LNAV737 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 07:38
  #947 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Vilnius
Posts: 52
Airbus is experiencing delays delivering new aircrafts the slow down might be related to that.

If they have plenty NTR applicants but with hours, why do they keep getting zero hour students from various cadet programmes? To me it looks like it's always a better (and faster) solution would be to employ somebody with 500ish hour experience on whatever aircraft rather than growing up a brand new employee from zero. Anyone willing to explain this phenomena?
hid3 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 07:42
  #948 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPAIN
Age: 39
Posts: 397
Originally Posted by hid3 View Post
Airbus is experiencing delays delivering new aircrafts the slow down might be related to that.

If they have plenty NTR applicants but with hours, why do they keep getting zero hour students from various cadet programmes? To me it looks like it's always a better (and faster) solution would be to employ somebody with 500ish hour experience on whatever aircraft rather than growing up a brand new employee from zero. Anyone willing to explain this phenomena?
because is cheaper than take experience FOs
samca is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2019, 06:06
  #949 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South of the North pole
Posts: 199
I presume at the moment the main requirement for Wizz will be experienced pilots due to all the new deliveries. Anyone interviewed recently who has any idea on the type of pilots they took onboard?
Daddy Fantastic is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2019, 16:08
  #950 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: FL390
Posts: 5
Guys how does the confair system work at wizz? Just a breakdown of the taxes and social security work be really appreciated.
MCT SET is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2019, 15:00
  #951 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Posts: 30
With the new routes out of BHX, is there any change they'd look to open a permanent base there?
RogueOne is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2019, 11:01
  #952 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 8



Hi everyone, first post here hoping to get some feedback. I have received the invitation for this new "video interview ď
Do you know what kind of questions I can expect?
Any help is appreciate
Johnny Tango is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2019, 11:23
  #953 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: istanbul
Posts: 2
Is there anyone who has applied for September 2019 in Egnatia Aviation and waiting for results?
svetoslav_rangelov is offline  
Old 31st Jul 2019, 15:18
  #954 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Vilnius
Posts: 52
Mate, there will be simple questions about well-known topics, basically to check your English knowledge and speech fluency. Nothing to worry about, at all, really.
hid3 is offline  
Old 13th Aug 2019, 12:49
  #955 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: France
Posts: 2
Rapid command

[QUOTE=Rikki;9349876]Thank you for the reply. Are they actually hiring guys for this rapid command programme or is it just a carrot they are dangling and in fact everyone is getting offered SFO for 6 months first?
I imagine summer months are very busy? Any idea of typical hours? Is Belgrade an option for a base or is it a slim chance since it is a small and a new base? I seen it is the lowest paid basic salary of all the other bases but I have family there so would be interested. Anyone with any idea please feel free to reply or to send me a PM. It would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE
hello,
Do you have more informations about the rapid command that wizzair offer?
Do you start on the left seat?
Are really on the left once you re done with your LIFUS?
Can someone help me to understand what they really do?
Thanks
Assinian is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 07:33
  #956 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 32
Rapid Command

[QUOTE=Assinian;10543954]
Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
Thank you for the reply. Are they actually hiring guys for this rapid command programme or is it just a carrot they are dangling and in fact everyone is getting offered SFO for 6 months first?
I imagine summer months are very busy? Any idea of typical hours? Is Belgrade an option for a base or is it a slim chance since it is a small and a new base? I seen it is the lowest paid basic salary of all the other bases but I have family there so would be interested. Anyone with any idea please feel free to reply or to send me a PM. It would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE
hello,
Do you have more informations about the rapid command that wizzair offer?
Do you start on the left seat?
Are really on the left once you re done with your LIFUS?
Can someone help me to understand what they really do?
Thanks
First of all if u read the job advertise carefully u will see that u start from the left seat ! And of course Youíll be on the left once u are checked out.This is not a game itís a serious program that offers left seat straight away but itís long and demanding.U start TR from the left seat and u continue all along ... so thereís nothing to explain ... if u pass u continue as a fully qualified Captain and if not u might be offered right seat instead.Belgrade is not a option .... six Captains on the waiting list and eight FOís.Plenty of flying during summer ....Belgrade base salary is just fine ... normal and similar to the other bases and no itís not a new base itís been there since 2010 so I donít know where did u get that from.
LNAV737 is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 14:23
  #957 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: France
Posts: 2
[QUOTE=LNAV737;10544568]
Originally Posted by Assinian View Post

First of all if u read the job advertise carefully u will see that u start from the left seat ! And of course Youíll be on the left once u are checked out.This is not a game itís a serious program that offers left seat straight away but itís long and demanding.U start TR from the left seat and u continue all along ... so thereís nothing to explain ... if u pass u continue as a fully qualified Captain and if not u might be offered right seat instead.Belgrade is not a option .... six Captains on the waiting list and eight FOís.Plenty of flying during summer ....Belgrade base salary is just fine ... normal and similar to the other bases and no itís not a new base itís been there since 2010 so I donít know where did u get that from.
I was talking with a broker yesterday and he told me that this program doesn t exist anymore, they only offer SFO position then once inside you have to wait and apply...
Assinian is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2019, 06:39
  #958 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 12
Hi.

With 8000 hours TT and 3000 PIC (factorized) on Airbus 320, what will an average basic salary be?
PPJN states a range in basic salary of 45.000 - 81.000 euros.

What to expect?

Thanks!
FO.Airbus is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2019, 14:42
  #959 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 36
These are base salaries, on top of that you get sector pay as described in lower section of PPJN - all gross. You will start at the lowest base salary - 45k. The increments are only based on Wizz PIC time (€4k more after every 1000hrs)
BarryMG is offline  
Old 18th Aug 2019, 12:44
  #960 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 5
sharanjit singh

Hello guys is there anyone coming for wizzair pilot interview on 21st of August NTR, is there anyone who has done recently the interview?
PilotSingh84 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.