Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 2nd Feb 2019, 18:48
  #761 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LGW
Posts: 988
This Captain needs some retraining.
a350pilots is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 19:53
  #762 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,342
Originally Posted by booze View Post
Before the usual Eastern European and WZZ bashing starts just have a look, or rather listen to the captain's voice. Not your typical Eastern European accent i would say. It is the Captain's unprofessional attitude towards ATC and doing the job safely, nothing to do with the airline's culture IMHO.
Some like to try, and even try a little bit more when they reach the DA too, just in case they might see the lights below. This is not based on bashing, but rather based on facts. Very unprofessional.
2unlimited is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 19:55
  #763 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: East
Posts: 19
It is the Captain's unprofessional attitude towards ATC and doing the job safely, nothing to do with the airline's culture IMHO.
The airline's safety culture involves everybody - from CEO to frontline operators. It doesn't stop with what's written in the manuals.

Safety culture maturity levels
Level 1 - Pathological/emerging (“Who cares as long as we're not caught?‟)
brushcounsel is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 23:28
  #764 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 496
Originally Posted by a350pilots View Post
This Captain needs some retraining.
More being demoted.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 12th Feb 2019, 12:36
  #765 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 35
Posts: 19
Does anyone know how many leave days for holidays Wizzair offer?
Frolic is offline  
Old 12th Feb 2019, 12:44
  #766 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: There
Posts: 47
It depends on the base. But usually it’s 25 days per year and only weekdays need to be covered. So it will be 5 weeks per year.
flyhigh788 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 08:32
  #767 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Malta
Age: 36
Posts: 6
Anyone knows how long until you get a reply from wzz after assessment? Its been 8 days already... NTR with experience
dxd888 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 13:52
  #768 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: couch
Posts: 9
Depends on type of contract and country.

Agency contract - 24 days/year
Local contract - days for holiday change for each country, so I suggest you check labour law in a country which interests you
Dr. Marlboro is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 15:56
  #769 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,342
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
More being demoted.
Wizz are so desperate for Captains, no chance of either demotion or retraining, maybe a small chat at maximum and a possible management position offered.
2unlimited is offline  
Old 17th Feb 2019, 13:27
  #770 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by FlyingStone View Post
Good for you, but there are worse companies on this planet to work for than Wizz Air...
it's an European airline not banana air.... so it is normal to have some standards and basic commun sence expectations.. if you relate to the worst than.. yes there will always be a company that is worst than other. However.. human nature is to strive for better...or at least this is how I see things.

Originally Posted by Skipping Classes View Post
Well... The bottom line of all this discussion, is that Wizzair is the company where even the employees (pilots that is) think it is OK to bend the contracts, avoid taxes, disrespect the labour laws and just fire anybody who would like to form a trade union. Apparently everybody who joins Wizz Air knows it from the start.

It is funny that types like Soundless have proven my point exactly with their flaming posts in this thread.

Sad, that those pilots who stayed in Wizz Air long enough or never worked for another airline, truly start to believe that what's going on in the company is the norm and are somehow convinced that they are - I quote - "living as a king".

And basically yes - in Wizz Air this is the name of the game, and its up to each and every individual to decide whether you want to be a part of it.
That is a Spot on argument!

Originally Posted by 2unlimited View Post
Circus Wizz never ends.

I am looking forward to see who are going to fly all their aircraft soon. Floating Cabin Crew in Luton, because they are to cheap to pay people proper salary.
Constant tax avoidance / evasion for their crews.
Enjoy your crew meals on your 13 hour duty days, never mind the hotel accommodation.
I know of contractors taking over 800 Euros a day, and they name their own schedule, and works when they want.
And all of these contractors are just waiting for better jobs, thats why they dont join Wizz.

The rapid expansion is a massive issue for Wizz, you have low experienced Captains flying with low experienced FO's.

Need I say anything more?
) you preatty much said it all.

Originally Posted by Skipping Classes View Post
You know what's funny? You guys are getting all worked up and personal because you don't like to hear the facts.

I don't see anybody here protesting that whatever was said about Wizz Air was incorrect; you just tell us that saying these facts publically is somehow saying 'shit' about Wizzair and is not appropriate.

Please if you want to tell me that anything I said about Wizzair is factually incorrect - do that, I would be glad to discuss it.

Otherwise you are just angry that somebody thinks that shit smells bad, while you love it.
Nobody can say you are factually incorrect, because you are NOT. I don't agree with insults as they benefit no one, but I agree with everything elese you posted so far on this topic and I trully think people should open their eyes and read carefully what you say as nothing and I repeat norhing you said so far was incorrect.
SASHA888 is offline  
Old 17th Feb 2019, 22:00
  #771 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 67
Spot on - I agree ! At the end of the day, everybody who accepts to be part of these low cost companies is him-/herself willing to be "cheap", its an ethical question in my opinion, if you wanna to go on the "cheap" way . I did it myself, learnt, escaped, not anymore "cheap".
austrian71 is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2019, 13:40
  #772 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Can anyone give me an estimate on how much a captain would make, after tax, on a floating base contract?
runsi is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2019, 23:20
  #773 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by runsi View Post
Can anyone give me an estimate on how much a captain would make, after tax, on a floating base contract?
Probably around 7500 euros. With no expenses except food, since hotac is paid for.
SoundLesS is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2019, 23:34
  #774 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by booze View Post
Before the usual Eastern European and WZZ bashing starts just have a look, or rather listen to the captain's voice. Not your typical Eastern European accent i would say. It is the Captain's unprofessional attitude towards ATC and doing the job safely, nothing to do with the airline's culture IMHO.
He is Dutch 👍
SoundLesS is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 01:35
  #775 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 2,189
Originally Posted by SoundLesS View Post
Probably around 7500 euros. With no expenses except food, since hotac is paid for.
Minus the taxes to be paid in the country where you are resident. Or take the risk, just pay close to nothing in switzerland and skip a beat every time someone knocks on your door...
dirk85 is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 08:20
  #776 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by dirk85 View Post


Minus the taxes to be paid in the country where you are resident. Or take the risk, just pay close to nothing in switzerland and skip a beat every time someone knocks on your door...
As with every European airline be it SAIL Ryanair etc with dodgy contracts you are responsible, yes. Nothing new...
SoundLesS is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 11:53
  #777 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Posts: 7
Assessment 23-24 of april

Anybody else on the assessment on the 23rd of april, would appreciate some fresh feedback from someone. PM.
Matoy is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 13:09
  #778 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The North
Posts: 29
Wow, what an absolute ****!
geardown1 is offline  
Old 9th Apr 2019, 10:29
  #779 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 29
Are Wizzair taking direct entry captains at the moment?
Life on top is offline  
Old 10th Apr 2019, 09:02
  #780 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 41
Base and TR costs

I am looking at spending on an MCC and JOC in order to apply for Wizz as a cadet first officer and I wonder if any of you chaps could help me with a couple of queries:

1. At what point do you find out your allocated base?

2. What are the chances of getting Luton as a base (strong personal reasons)?

3. Are base transfers easy or hard?

4. Do you pay for the A320TR up front, from salary or bonded?

Thank you in advance,

RL

Last edited by rogue leader; 10th Apr 2019 at 09:02. Reason: spelling
rogue leader is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.