Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Misc. Forums > Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner)
Reload this Page >

Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!

Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner) If you're not a professional pilot but want to discuss issues about the job, this is the best place to loiter. You won't be moved on by 'security' and there'll be plenty of experts to answer any questions.

Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!

Old 11th Jan 2019, 10:45
  #101 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 50
Posts: 887
Their lack of industry knowledge never fails to amaze me. Why does he need two AOCs?

Who on earth are Italian Airlines? Does he mean Air Italy? I can't imagine they would entertain this farce for a coffee let alone any sort of agreement.
TwinAisle is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 11:03
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Luton
Posts: 26
My mistake it's Italian AIRWAYS. Apparently Italian Airways are indeed "a thing" (as the youth of today say). They too appear to be little more than some scribblings on a fag packet - planned for a 2018 launch etc. Definitely different people to Atmosphere, and am happy to be corrected if Italian Airlines have developed further than my initial check suggested. Either way I expect the relationship is likely fictitious.
If you say so is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 11:20
  #103 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 50
Posts: 887
Never heard of them either - but Google has. If ever you want a précis of what is wrong with Italian aviation, this is it:

The airline is backed by a 50 million euro investment. It is led by Giuseppe Gentile, who founded Air Europe and Air Italy, and was also the CEO of Eurofly.
Need a bit more than that, sunshine.

Italian Airways initially plans to fly only from Milan Bergamo to North, Central and South America using leased B777-200s with 340 seats.
​​​​​​​
A LOT more with those sorts of routes....

The carrier is still awaiting its Air Operator Certificate (AOC).
​​​​​​​
You do surprise me.....

“We will not have problems [getting approval to start the airline]”, said Gentile....
​​​​​​​
And the 2018 start date?

....who expects his airline to reach its goal of 5,000 employees.
It has a goal, not in terms of fleet size, turnover, or profitability, but in terms of headcount. Yea gods and little fishes - or rather Divinitŕ e piccoli pesci.... if you want a line that explains Alitalia, that is it.

I notice that young Jason is now listing his assets on his various social media channels but it is absolutely clear he doesn't understand what assets actually are. Giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he is not lying through his hat as per usual.....

A completed 36 room hotel complex.... and a head office building ready for interior and exterior renovation
I'm guessing the former could be an asset, but how was it funded if not with debt? And he keeps talking about his Chelmsford HQ, which is leased. So not an asset.

​​​​​​​36 acres of land in Thailand
Really?

​​​​​​​
A five (5) year contract with Intellisys Aviation for the use of the Amelia Res System,​​​
That's not an asset. That's just SAAS.

​​​​​​​A contract with Airbridge International Agencies...
That's not an asset. That's just a commercial agreement.

Nice try.
TwinAisle is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2019, 09:07
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: toulouse
Posts: 57
Claiming on twitter this morningto have acquired city airways AOL to apply to get a Thai AOC in the next 4 months
bamcb38c is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2019, 13:02
  #105 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 50
Posts: 887
Now claiming that the booking engine will be live in March. He does know you need an AOC to sell seats??

Also, if has bought this airline (which was never wound up) he has acquired the debts. When the penny drops we should perhaps brace ourselves for a whole load of GoFundMe pages, hundreds of sick dog and cat stories and god knows what else....
TwinAisle is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 08:41
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 42
Saw this gem from him on Twitter this morning...


Rupert369 is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 09:07
  #107 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 50
Posts: 887
Someone get the straitjacket.....

TwinAisle is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 09:45
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 432
hahahaha, advisor to Theresa May???

running for PM?

my god
AndoniP is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 10:38
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 242
About time for some Media attention?

I wonder if its about time some serious media attention was brought to bear on the Sham/scam/charade , (whatever) ?
surely any of the current affairs / rogue trader / investigative journalism style programmes would have a field day.
I for one would like to know what Jason Unsworth really does for a Day Job, or is he claiming benefit.
I asked BBC News if they were interested in looking into it but so far no answer.
sixchannel is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 12:40
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 9,373
Originally Posted by sixchannel View Post
I wonder if its about time some serious media attention was brought to bear on the Sham/scam/charade , (whatever) ?
surely any of the current affairs / rogue trader / investigative journalism style programmes would have a field day.
I for one would like to know what Jason Unsworth really does for a Day Job, or is he claiming benefit.
I asked BBC News if they were interested in looking into it but so far no answer.
I'd be surprised if there was any interest from the media. If it's a scam, it's a particularly unsuccessful one.

Delusional wannabes aren't really newsworthy these days, there are too many of them.

Personally, I eagerly await each of Jason's successive announcements.
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 11:45
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DORSET
Age: 61
Posts: 311
The poor lad is completely deluded, and may have mental heath, or learning issues - His Mum and Dad really need to get behind this before he may wander himself in to some unfortunate formal ''trouble'' or worse, dangers from the dark web, or vengeful individuals.

I gather he was a check-in/PSA at STN for a handling agent or was it Jet2?
rog747 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 16:46
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 9,373
Originally Posted by rog747 View Post
His Mum and Dad really need to get behind this before he may wander himself in to some unfortunate formal ''trouble''
Looking at the company website, I think Mum and Dad may part of the problem ...

They are certainly involved in the organisation, maybe it's just a way of being able to keep tabs on Junior. Let's hope so.

DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2019, 14:53
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DORSET
Age: 61
Posts: 311
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
Looking at the company website, I think Mum and Dad may part of the problem ...

They are certainly involved in the organisation, maybe it's just a way of being able to keep tabs on Junior. Let's hope so.
It seems from his FB and twitter pages seems that not so young lad Jason appears to live or spend a lot of time in Thailand and has a Thai bride and a couple of little nippers....
Wifey is the MD of Atmospheric International
rog747 is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2019, 15:17
  #114 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 50
Posts: 887
I suspect we are well past the 'oh, what a scamp, but he's good for a giggle' stage.

There is evidence that he has been involved in what look very much like charity scams.
He has made unsubstantiated allegations about industry professionals on public websites.
He has used people's names and photographs to suggest they are working for him, to gain credibility, when in fact they apparently know nothing about him.
He has lied about recruitment sessions, costing airline colleagues time and money.
He has repeatedly stated he has raised funds, and is about to start services, when both these claims are clearly a nonsense, in an attempt to raise funds.
He has broken CAA rules, although that behaviour seems to have ceased.
He consistently uses misleading language, particularly around his 'HQ' in Chelmsford.

It is blatantly clear to anyone with a shred of knowledge how the airline industry works that the guy has not got a hope in hell of starting an airline. With his track record and CV he is uninvestable; even to buy a bus ticket, let alone an Airbus. He is therefore either seriously deluded or is engaged in what smells very much like fraud. Either way, he needs to be stopped.

Last edited by TwinAisle; 24th Jan 2019 at 22:42.
TwinAisle is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2019, 20:55
  #115 (permalink)  
Aso
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Belgium
Posts: 44
I suspect we are well past the 'oh, what a scamp, but he's good for a giggle' stage.
Yep. Looking him up on Linkedin made my day... Specially the security dogs on board That is probably the reason why he is looking for dogs in Bangkok
Aso is offline  
Old 25th Jan 2019, 16:42
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: West Midlands
Age: 34
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by TwinAisle View Post
I suspect we are well past the 'oh, what a scamp, but he's good for a giggle' stage.

There is evidence that he has been involved in what look very much like charity scams.
He has made unsubstantiated allegations about industry professionals on public websites.
He has used people's names and photographs to suggest they are working for him, to gain credibility, when in fact they apparently know nothing about him.
He has lied about recruitment sessions, costing airline colleagues time and money.
He has repeatedly stated he has raised funds, and is about to start services, when both these claims are clearly a nonsense, in an attempt to raise funds.
He has broken CAA rules, although that behaviour seems to have ceased.
He consistently uses misleading language, particularly around his 'HQ' in Chelmsford.

It is blatantly clear to anyone with a shred of knowledge how the airline industry works that the guy has not got a hope in hell of starting an airline. With his track record and CV he is uninvestable; even to buy a bus ticket, let alone an Airbus. He is therefore either seriously deluded or is engaged in what smells very much like fraud. Either way, he needs to be stopped.
I'm inclined to believe that this Jason Unsworth is simply deluded, and actually does not realise the gravity of the situation he now finds himself in. On the face of it, a planned and continuing fraud on a number of levels are under way, and that is incredibly serious.

The reason why I come to the belief that he's deluded, is because he's done nothing to hide his details. Someone with the "intent" to perpetrate a fraud on this sort of level would surely not want to have on public record - their name, photographs, residential address and previous employment information!!!

As sad as this situation is, the judicial system will catch up with him sooner or later and the outcome for him will be severe, regardless of any mental health or learning difficulties, other health related matters etc.

A strange one to impersonate an airline yes, but the law is the law I'm afraid, and that's why I have little sympathy in this case. (Obviously, if evidence suddenly turns up to the contrary, I will retract my words, I'm not holding my breath however).
diffident is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2019, 00:23
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 4
Pulled from his personal page

I think he just figured out himself what he is!! !

This is copied from one of his his personal FB pages. ..I cannot attach screenshot as I'm a new member. .

***** My vision for a new airline the size of Emirates may lead to some people thinking I'm crazy, but most would like to see it, because, an airline is a culture, putting great people together to see what they can do when they put ideas together and implement them...
oncetwice123 is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2019, 06:28
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Various at the moment
Posts: 972
Are the parents deluded as well then ?
dc9-32 is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2019, 13:33
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: West Midlands
Age: 34
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by dc9-32 View Post
Are the parents deluded as well then ?
I would be astonished if his parents even know. You'd be amazed how much stuff you can register at someone else's address without them knowing. For example, in the UK, I could register a Limited Company with Companies House, at my parent's house, with my in-law's as named directors, with none of them even knowing anything about it.
diffident is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2019, 14:01
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 9,373
Originally Posted by diffident View Post
For example, in the UK, I could register a Limited Company with Companies House, at my parent's house, with my in-law's as named directors, with none of them even knowing anything about it.
You don't think they would twig when the CT600 pops through the letterbox ?

DaveReidUK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.