Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Misc. Forums > Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner)
Reload this Page >

Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!

Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner) If you're not a professional pilot but want to discuss issues about the job, this is the best place to loiter. You won't be moved on by 'security' and there'll be plenty of experts to answer any questions.

Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!

Old 29th May 2021, 00:25
  #1101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The Midlands
Age: 36
Posts: 187
Originally Posted by skydiver69 View Post
Have you tried contacting the letting agents for Buckenham House to see how the refurbishments are going and when Jason is going to move in? Maybe they are all hedging their bets and continue to list the property just in case Jas's deal falls through for some fantastic reason...
Hey Skydiver! It's an interesting one that, and I've already covered it before, Savill's - the building owners, just like Stansted know nothing of the chap!
diffident is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 09:06
  #1102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: -
Age: 51
Posts: 224
Originally Posted by diffident View Post
Hey Skydiver! It's an interesting one that, and I've already covered it before, Savill's - the building owners, just like Stansted know nothing of the chap!
I tried rattling his cage a couple of months ago on Twitter by referring him back to the report you did about him a couple of years ago. His reply was that it was all lies, that he'd read it and that he'd consider legal action, but strangely enough he hasn't mentioned it again. He'll be able to prove us all wrong soon though once the offices are refurbed and he gets the two planes that he has ordered up in the air later this year.

Have you got any idea who his business partner is, the mysterious second check in clerk mentioned on his website. Jas has been silent about him which is strange considering how much of his life he lives in public.
skydiver69 is online now  
Old 29th May 2021, 10:48
  #1103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by skydiver69 View Post

Have you got any idea who his business partner is, the mysterious second check in clerk mentioned on his website. Jas has been silent about him which is strange considering how much of his life he lives in public.
Pepe Le Pew?
Flying Hi is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 11:14
  #1104 (permalink)  
Gnome de PPRuNe
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Too close to Croydon for comfort
Age: 57
Posts: 8,335
Didn't he used to fly Tridents?
treadigraph is online now  
Old 29th May 2021, 11:57
  #1105 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,254
I missed it.. that he has a partner!! And he has ordered two aircraft !!!

Everyday it just gets better!!
SOPS is online now  
Old 29th May 2021, 12:13
  #1106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by skydiver69 View Post
His wife and both kids are now with him in the UK, he has been doing his Grandmother's house up (pics on Instagram if you are interested), he says that he doesn't work at Primark although he won't say where he is actually working but he claims that he earns considerable more than min wage although his stated salary of £19500 isn't that much more than min wage. As usual he lives his entire life in public on Twitter which must make it difficult for any 'genuine' investor to sort the wheat from the chaff and to find actual tweets about progress with Atmofarce rather than info about tourism in Scotland or Thailand, Qatar's latest tweets, how FlyBig have just launched etc etc etc.
He only needs to 'earn' £18600 a year, mere peanuts for a CEO. I'm sure the last I vead was that wifey was afraid of him and didn't want to leave the Far East. What changed?
Flying Hi is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 12:19
  #1107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: -
Age: 51
Posts: 224
Originally Posted by SOPS View Post
I missed it.. that he has a partner!! And he has ordered two aircraft !!!

Everyday it just gets better!!
He's going to start by launching flights to Portugal from Southend presumably with the Boeing 737 Max aircraft which he has arriving later in the year. He has invited people to apply for a route planning position although he is going to outsource most other roles to established companies. The Beckenham House office is up for rent at £1.5m pa plus about £150k pa rates and can accommodate hundreds of staff once it is refurbished, although I can't see him needing all that space if he is outsourcing most of his jobs. According to his website he still has an on going bid for Jet Airways despite it now being owned by Jalan Kalrock and with another section of his site acknowledging that.

The man never ceases to amaze me but its interesting to see that he stopped saying that Jalan Kalrock had bought JetAirways2021 and that he deleted a load of tweets where he had claimed that. I'd guess that Jalan Kalrock had contacted him and told him to stop making such stupid claims. Apart from that though he sails on serenely ignoring every other public criticism and piss take which gets aimed in his direction.
skydiver69 is online now  
Old 30th May 2021, 14:35
  #1108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The Midlands
Age: 36
Posts: 187
Originally Posted by skydiver69 View Post
I tried rattling his cage a couple of months ago on Twitter by referring him back to the report you did about him a couple of years ago. His reply was that it was all lies, that he'd read it and that he'd consider legal action, but strangely enough he hasn't mentioned it again. He'll be able to prove us all wrong soon though once the offices are refurbed and he gets the two planes that he has ordered up in the air later this year.

Have you got any idea who his business partner is, the mysterious second check in clerk mentioned on his website. Jas has been silent about him which is strange considering how much of his life he lives in public.
The simple answer is that there isn't one. It goes the same way as the claims of investors. Any business partner worth their weight in salt would be named a director and appear on CH records, none does - just like investors, who would take an equity stake.... I'll give you a guess who the only shareholder is.
diffident is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 07:31
  #1109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: London
Posts: 55
Hey fellow pprunies,
Do we have to worry about this guy?
I totally forgot about this kid until someone just reminded me. He asked me ~3yrs ago to finance his business and when I said no, he asked me for a job...
About Us ? AerMoon

Also, what about the jokers over at Odyssey Airlines? One of the C-suite guys posts, seemingly every day, photos of himself playing golf.
https://www.flyody.com

have a good weekend!



flyandski is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 07:39
  #1110 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 53
Posts: 1,056
Do we have to worry about this guy?
I would say so. He has a track record of trying to separate the innocent from their money, and of wasting people’s time.

A lot of what he has done - and continues to do - around Jet Airways is frankly delusional and could well be damaging to their business.

He is far from harmless.

As for Odyssey - they’ve been going for 12 years, which says to me that they can’t raise the funds. Probably started as a genuine attempt to start an airline but after this long - and the failure to appear of the aircraft they put an LOI on in 2014 - they are just a busted flush.
TwinAisle is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 08:07
  #1111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: London
Posts: 55
Wait, are we talking s in the same guy? I was referring to James Moon above, not Jason “Unworthy”. Jason needs to be watched like a hawk.

I always get concerned when I see people promoting their businesses that don’t exist. Are they wealthy? Live in their parent’s basement? Ripped off innocent investors and pretend to have a business?
flyandski is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 08:32
  #1112 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 53
Posts: 1,056
are we talking s in the same guy?
Sorry FlyandSki, I thought you were talking about the BW.

Never heard of AerMoon. Given what I do for a living that speaks volumes... Just reading their website, and gaped at:

we can actually tell you a Boeing from an Airbus aircraft
Is this guy inferring that other lessors can't??
TwinAisle is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 08:53
  #1113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: London
Posts: 55
Don’t know about you but ever since Boeing changed the window shape in the 787s, I find it impossible to tell a Boeing from an Airbus from a Tupolev from a Cessna.
flyandski is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 08:58
  #1114 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 53
Posts: 1,056
Don’t know about you but ever since Boeing changed the window shape in the 787s, I find it impossible to tell a Boeing from an Airbus from a Tupolev from a Cessna.
I can tell them apart by engine note, or even one look at the inside of a pax door . What a waste of a youth.....
TwinAisle is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 10:05
  #1115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 12,907
Originally Posted by flyandski View Post
Don’t know about you but ever since Boeing changed the window shape in the 787s, I find it impossible to tell a Boeing from an Airbus from a Tupolev from a Cessna.
I've struggled ever since the Viscount and Caravelle were retired.
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 12:55
  #1116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 209
I see that Stobart Air has sadly gone pop today. Wondering if TBW is going to swoop in....
silverelise is online now  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 13:39
  #1117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The Midlands
Age: 36
Posts: 187
Originally Posted by silverelise View Post
I see that Stobart Air has sadly gone pop today. Wondering if TBW is going to swoop in....
I doubt it somehow, he seems to be obsessed with big jets and long-distance. A bunch of turboprops on Belfast's are surely not the sort of sectors that would even come on his radar?!?!

I did notice though that hot off the presses from the local "Echo", The Points Guy website, which I've normally regarded as a well researched aviation news website, also ran with the Echo's garbage - https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/will...rlines-launch/

It's amazing how a poorly researched story in a local rag can spread and serve the purpose of massively massaging the ego of an egotistical wannabe!
diffident is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 15:20
  #1118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: EGLL
Posts: 476
Originally Posted by flyandski View Post
Hey fellow pprunies,
Do we have to worry about this guy?
I totally forgot about this kid until someone just reminded me. He asked me ~3yrs ago to finance his business and when I said no, he asked me for a job...
About Us ? AerMoon

Also, what about the jokers over at Odyssey Airlines? One of the C-suite guys posts, seemingly every day, photos of himself playing golf.
https://www.flyody.com

have a good weekend!
Hmmm, Odyssey? When they mis-spell the name of one of their 'best team', you wonder if it's just a shoddy attention to detail, or maybe, 'a la Unsworth', a triumph of fiction over fact?
​​​​​
G-ARZG is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 16:38
  #1119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: London
Posts: 55
TPG

Originally Posted by diffident View Post
I doubt it somehow, he seems to be obsessed with big jets and long-distance. A bunch of turboprops on Belfast's are surely not the sort of sectors that would even come on his radar?!?!

I did notice though that hot off the presses from the local "Echo", The Points Guy website, which I've normally regarded as a well researched aviation news website, also ran with the Echo's garbage - https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/will...rlines-launch/

It's amazing how a poorly researched story in a local rag can spread and serve the purpose of massively massaging the ego of an egotistical wannabe!
I sent TPG a terse but polite note to say rule number one in journalism is corroborate your info. He was irresponsible and people will question his judgement on future posts.
flyandski is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2021, 22:01
  #1120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The Midlands
Age: 36
Posts: 187
Originally Posted by flyandski View Post
I sent TPG a terse but polite note to say rule number one in journalism is corroborate your info. He was irresponsible and people will question his judgement on future posts.
It will be interesting to see if you get a response flyandski ....
diffident is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.