Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Misc. Forums > Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner)
Reload this Page >

Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!

Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner) If you're not a professional pilot but want to discuss issues about the job, this is the best place to loiter. You won't be moved on by 'security' and there'll be plenty of experts to answer any questions.

Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!

Old 23rd May 2019, 15:48
  #521 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by docstone View Post
Nothing much will happen with Companies House, they will fine and eventually strike off. Criminal proceedings - highly unlikely.

Tort requires demonstration of loss, that is tough to show and will require a civil not criminal suit - who is going to throw money that way. So at present (and I sat for a decade on the Bench), I'm struggling to see much likelihood of the CPS getting excited.

I think more likely that Special Branch will want to chat about the Vicky Ford/Prime Minister/HMG Home Office logo claims.
Maybe the DHSS too as he's clearly not looking for work in any reasonable way to satisfy his JSA.
sixchannel is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 15:56
  #522 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lanzarote/Butuan/Southern Yorkshire
Posts: 366
His wife has contacted me, saying he is crazy. He refuses to work and just lays on bed posting nonsense. She has begged him to stop but still he continues...
He took her pictures and posted on social media, she didn't approve that...
Cymmon is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 16:02
  #523 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Cymmon View Post
His wife has contacted me, saying he is crazy. He refuses to work and just lays on bed posting nonsense. She has begged him to stop but still he continues...
He took her pictures and posted on social media, she didn't approve that...
You mean MISS Sasithon??
Er - on his bed where? - Chelmsford or Thailand?
Remember the time difference to get a fix on when posts were sent to you.
sixchannel is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 16:19
  #524 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lanzarote/Butuan/Southern Yorkshire
Posts: 366
Just signed off too sleep, +6 hours, Thailand
Cymmon is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 16:27
  #525 (permalink)  
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Global Nomad
Age: 52
Posts: 1,030
Jason Unsworth (JA): I have just read your article again for the second time, which I will fully respond to…firstly a U.K. based airline requires a U.K. AOC & ATOL licence with a £10 Million Pound bond agreement in place,
This single statement proves to me that he is clueless.

Firstly, he is an airline, not a travel company, so he does not need an ATOL. Airlines are not covered by ATOLs, tour operators are; if he was going to set up Atmosphere Holidays (and I am aware I may have given him another mad idea...) then he would be advised to get an ATOL. Right now he doesn't need one. ATOLs and AOCs don't come in pairs like policemen and low comedians.

Secondly, the figure of £10m is laughable. The CAA will, as they do with all new applications for an AOC, assess his business plan, taking a long hard look at his cost and revenue assumptions, until they are comfortable they are achievable. Example, if he is claiming that he will get a yield on LON-BKK in Y of £600, they will point to what they know BA are getting and adjust accordingly. When they are happy with his model (and on the model I have seen, they are probably still wiping tears of laughter from their eyes, let alone adjusting it), they will look at the minimum cash position over the first two years, and they will want to see that he can operate for three months without revenue. It sounds crude, but if he can't do that the CAA will regard him as underfunded and will NOT grant the AOC - and from experience the CAA are correct to do this.

Given he is talking about a long haul full service scheduled carrier with an intensive network, his cash requirement will be WAY in advance of £10m. Off the top of my head, they will want to see fat end of ten times that.

The first step for an AOC application - the VERY first step - is a meeting with the authority where they will explain all this and to provide guidance about the process. He clearly has NOT done this.

Getting an AOC is not a black art. It is actually not that difficult - if you know the rules, you stick to the rules, you follow CAA guidance and YOU HAVE THE MONEY.

I would say our hero fails on all four of those points.

TA
TwinAisle is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 16:31
  #526 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The Midlands
Age: 35
Posts: 178
Originally Posted by TwinAisle View Post
This single statement proves to me that he is clueless.

Firstly, he is an airline, not a travel company, so he does not need an ATOL. Airlines are not covered by ATOLs, tour operators are; if he was going to set up Atmosphere Holidays (and I am aware I may have given him another mad idea...) then he would be advised to get an ATOL. Right now he doesn't need one. ATOLs and AOCs don't come in pairs like policemen and low comedians.

Secondly, the figure of £10m is laughable. The CAA will, as they do with all new applications for an AOC, assess his business plan, taking a long hard look at his cost and revenue assumptions, until they are comfortable they are achievable. Example, if he is claiming that he will get a yield on LON-BKK in Y of £600, they will point to what they know BA are getting and adjust accordingly. When they are happy with his model (and on the model I have seen, they are probably still wiping tears of laughter from their eyes, let alone adjusting it), they will look at the minimum cash position over the first two years, and they will want to see that he can operate for three months without revenue. It sounds crude, but if he can't do that the CAA will regard him as underfunded and will NOT grant the AOC - and from experience the CAA are correct to do this.

Given he is talking about a long haul full service scheduled carrier with an intensive network, his cash requirement will be WAY in advance of £10m. Off the top of my head, they will want to see fat end of ten times that.

The first step for an AOC application - the VERY first step - is a meeting with the authority where they will explain all this and to provide guidance about the process. He clearly has NOT done this.

Getting an AOC is not a black art. It is actually not that difficult - if you know the rules, you stick to the rules, you follow CAA guidance and YOU HAVE THE MONEY.

I would say our hero fails on all four of those points.

TA
Couldn't have assessed it better myself, TA.
diffident is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 16:36
  #527 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ormskirk
Age: 64
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by TwinAisle View Post
This single statement proves to me that he is clueless.

Firstly, he is an airline, not a travel company, so he does not need an ATOL. Airlines are not covered by ATOLs, tour operators are; if he was going to set up Atmosphere Holidays (and I am aware I may have given him another mad idea...) then he would be advised to get an ATOL. Right now he doesn't need one. ATOLs and AOCs don't come in pairs like policemen and low comedians.

Secondly, the figure of £10m is laughable. The CAA will, as they do with all new applications for an AOC, assess his business plan, taking a long hard look at his cost and revenue assumptions, until they are comfortable they are achievable. Example, if he is claiming that he will get a yield on LON-BKK in Y of £600, they will point to what they know BA are getting and adjust accordingly. When they are happy with his model (and on the model I have seen, they are probably still wiping tears of laughter from their eyes, let alone adjusting it), they will look at the minimum cash position over the first two years, and they will want to see that he can operate for three months without revenue. It sounds crude, but if he can't do that the CAA will regard him as underfunded and will NOT grant the AOC - and from experience the CAA are correct to do this.

Given he is talking about a long haul full service scheduled carrier with an intensive network, his cash requirement will be WAY in advance of £10m. Off the top of my head, they will want to see fat end of ten times that.

The first step for an AOC application - the VERY first step - is a meeting with the authority where they will explain all this and to provide guidance about the process. He clearly has NOT done this.

Getting an AOC is not a black art. It is actually not that difficult - if you know the rules, you stick to the rules, you follow CAA guidance and YOU HAVE THE MONEY.

I would say our hero fails on all four of those points.

TA
Excellent post TA - how on earth is JU going to raise £100m ?
rogera is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 17:01
  #528 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Here 'n' there!
Posts: 390
Originally Posted by Cymmon View Post
His wife has contacted me, saying he is crazy. He refuses to work and just lays on bed posting nonsense. She has begged him to stop but still he continues...
He took her pictures and posted on social media, she didn't approve that...
I know I said I'd not comment again - but this has been too weird a plot to ignore so I incorporate it into my JB visits to restore my own sanity but this is a big change.

Remarkably, the above is the first sensible thing to come from that side. I have no doubt Miss Sasithon has probably been duped into even marrying this guy at some point in the recent past – and is now wondering just what the hell she has unleashed on herself now it is all becoming clearer. I could be wrong here, but seems we just have yet another “victim” in all of this – someone who may have played along to start with without realising just where all this would lead. We all know who the fantasist is in all of this. Time to cut Sasi some slack maybe – particularly as, out of anyone involved to date, she is possibly the only one in a legal position (as his wife) to contact the right people to ask for formal help for JU. After all, “help” is clearly needed.

Cymmon, I’ll pm you if OK. Time we wrapped this up with the right support in place. There is a chance that things may get out of hand as JU's world crumbles... We have the evidence to assure ourselves of his fantasies thanks to excellent research by many Posters. We may now have a person who can help him if she is correctly advised.... Just saying...

H 'n' H

Last edited by Hot 'n' High; 24th May 2019 at 07:34. Reason: Minor tweak of this, that and the other!
Hot 'n' High is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 17:09
  #529 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The Midlands
Age: 35
Posts: 178
Very well put there H 'n' H, I couldn't agree more.

It's going to be even tougher for him soon as it appears that Hinduja Group are likely to be successful in their bid to acquire Jet Airways in consortia with Etihad and London-based Adi Partners. Infact a meeting is on-going in Abu Dhabi between the consortia and the State Bank of India in order to agree the financing.
diffident is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 17:21
  #530 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Here 'n' there!
Posts: 390
diffident, you and others have worked tirelessly to give an audit trail which is absolutely excellent. I'm just going "radio silent" into PM-land here. Cheers, H 'n' H
Hot 'n' High is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 17:29
  #531 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 30
Just an up vote for 'TwinAisle' and 'diffident' who have done so much to bring this (ultimately rather sad and wretched) business to the fore.

Well done lads. Keep going. I sense we're turning slowly for a HDG in the general direction of Denouement.
Auxtank is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 17:39
  #532 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lanzarote/Butuan/Southern Yorkshire
Posts: 366
I'm up for helping, I don't want a meltdown of anyone.
Now I have the contact, lets see what happens. His wife is very scared of what is happening and not at all happy.
Cymmon is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 19:27
  #533 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South East
Posts: 143
Here is Atmosphere's "Chief Captain" a

http://getoverfearofflying.com/meet-captain-peter/
lobby is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 21:23
  #534 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by lobby View Post
Here is Atmosphere's "Chief Captain" a

http://getoverfearofflying.com/meet-captain-peter/
Sorry, am I missing something? - that appears to be totally unconnected in any way to this thread.

LATER; Oh yes, I see.... Boeing Technical Pilot, eh?

Last edited by Auxtank; 24th May 2019 at 06:39.
Auxtank is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 05:34
  #535 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 4
With regards to his wife... This may well be a very dangerous situation for her. No doubt he is insane. Furthermore I am pretty sure he is still following this thread. Him being aware of her reaching out to people will not go down well. We have all seen his responses to people who don't buy his nonsense.
​​​​​Additionally, he must be the one posting under her name, which of course is not surprising. Has she contacted you via Twitter? If this is the same account then this may be another issue. Just thinking about her safety.
RiaUK is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 07:09
  #536 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South East
Posts: 143

Atmosphere's "Chief Captain" according to his Instagram account.
lobby is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 07:15
  #537 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 30
Yes, an impressive number of ratings...

B-727 , B-737-800 , B-747-400 , B-757 , B-767 , B-777 , DHC-7

Read all about his Boeing, and AA work here:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-styren-81942373
Auxtank is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 07:31
  #538 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The Midlands
Age: 35
Posts: 178
Originally Posted by Auxtank View Post
Yes, an impressive number of ratings...B-727 , B-737-800 , B-747-400 , B-757 , B-767 , B-777 , DHC-7

Read all about his Boeing, and AA work here:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-styren-81942373
The name is not new, it was posted on the Atmosphere facebook page over a year ago, along with a long list of other names that appear fictitious. (can't seem to post the link here, but it was posted on 15th Feb 2018). Certainly, Boeing don't seem to know of this chap despite him testing their aircraft!

Also, the chap is type-rated on a sensational range of Boeing jets, both heritage and modern, plus a random old-skool regional turboprop thrown in for good measure??

Strange, very strange.

Last edited by diffident; 24th May 2019 at 07:35. Reason: added facebook link
diffident is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 07:35
  #539 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South East
Posts: 143
So many characters in this story I'm struggling to keep a track of them!
lobby is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 07:42
  #540 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The Midlands
Age: 35
Posts: 178
Originally Posted by lobby View Post
So many characters in this story I'm struggling to keep a track of them!
Atmosphere Apparent Staff
-
  • Jason Unsworth - CEO
  • Donald Unsworth - Chairman
  • Monika Kucharovicova - Managing Director for Dubai ("many years of aviation experience")
  • Ersin Aryn - Managing Director
  • Tina Jackson - Managing Director
  • Michelle Bell - Manager of Heathrow Operations
  • Nigel Hornsby - Head of Operations (joins from Wow Air)
  • Fadil Shamtally - Revenue Manager (joins from Etihad Airways)
  • Sophia Augusta - Cargo Manager (joins from Qatar Airways)
  • Raffaello Bonanni - Pilot Instructor and Executive gulfstream fleet manager (joins from Emirates)
  • Peter Styren - Chief Boeing Pilot (joins from Boeing, apparently)
Apart from the top two, I can't find any trace of the others (in connection with Atmosphere).

Plus that is charitably about £700,000 worth of salary going out of the door right there - from a company that is late filing its accounts to Companies House, and can't back up any source of financing...

I've seen more believable Reeves and Mortimer sketches.

Last edited by diffident; 24th May 2019 at 09:19. Reason: added Monika Kucharovicova (thanks Lobby)
diffident is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.