PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   South Asia and the Far East (https://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-45/)
-   -   Vietnam Airlines (info please) (https://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/295663-vietnam-airlines-info-please.html)

kimono1950 12th Jan 2019 11:25

My posts have been erased !!!!!

Sunliner81 12th Jan 2019 16:07


Would you encourage any A350 or 787 FO to come to VNA with the hope of being upgraded??
Yesse, for the third f*king time....NO I DO NOT recommend any FOs to come to VN with the hope of being upgraded. I totally agree with you on this one.

However, I will not discourage captains coming here looking for a tree-change, especially from wannabe legacy airlines such as Qatar and Emirates. It’s all the same shit, just a different environment which is what some captains are looking for.

ia1166 14th Jan 2019 06:46


Originally Posted by Sunliner81 (Post 10358843)


Yesse, for the third f*king time....NO I DO NOT recommend any FOs to come to VN with the hope of being upgraded. I totally agree with you on this one.

However, I will not discourage captains coming here looking for a tree-change, especially from wannabe legacy airlines such as Qatar and Emirates. It’s all the same shit, just a different environment which is what some captains are looking for.

i have spoken to a number of guys about coming here. The ones that did are still here. As i am.

So how bad can it be?

wingdeagle 14th Jan 2019 11:03


Originally Posted by kimono1950 (Post 10358684)
My posts have been erased !!!!!

Perhaps you should stop your racist insults by calling people “monkeys” and your posts will stay !

Yesse 14th Jan 2019 11:05

Doubts
 

Originally Posted by ia1166 (Post 10360036)


i have spoken to a number of guys about coming here. The ones that did are still here. As i am.

So how bad can it be?

Well, with these arguments, i have not anything else to say. I am happy of not being one of your recommended friends to go there. There are a few guys who were really happy due to clean and kiss some soft parts of the managers... Being upgraded to A350, 787 or they were forgiven when they made some huge mistakes... when they were almost out of the business due to the age. They will be always grateful with VNA. I see many of them here. So yes... now i can understand better your good opinion about that shiitty and corrupt company. Thanks God i am far away from there already, but you will never silent my voice to warn other colleagues to make the biggest mistake in their career joining VNA. Better Jetstar or even Vietjet, but VNA, specially for FO's A350 or 787... better forget about this place. Soon or later you will regret!! That's it, and i am saying the truth, and i will repeat 10000 more times!!

wingdeagle 15th Jan 2019 01:22


Originally Posted by Yesse (Post 10360227)

Well, with these arguments, i have not anything else to say. I am happy of not being one of your recommended friends to go there. There are a few guys who were really happy due to clean and kiss some soft parts of the managers... Being upgraded to A350, 787 or they were forgiven when they made some huge mistakes... when they were almost out of the business due to the age. They will be always grateful with VNA. I see many of them here. So yes... now i can understand better your good opinion about that shiitty and corrupt company. Thanks God i am far away from there already, but you will never silent my voice to warn other colleagues to make the biggest mistake in their career joining VNA. Better Jetstar or even Vietjet, but VNA, specially for FO's A350 or 787... better forget about this place. Soon or later you will regret!! That's it, and i am saying the truth, and i will repeat 10000 more times!!

Yesse, nothing personal, but you and Kimono sound like two broken records. Obviously something bad happened to you guys at VNA and you are angry and bitter towards the company and probably with a good reason, I therefore am sorry things did not work out for you. VNA is far from a perfect company. Many people came and ran away, many stayed for over 10 years and more. Every pilot has his/her different needs and expectations; like all companies working for VNA has postive and negative sides, depending on a pilot’s need. I for instance worked there many years and like many of my friends who have come, left or are still there, we never regarded it as mistake. I of course cannot speak for every expat who worked there. While I was there I have seen many people upgrade, transition to other fleets and get promoted to instructors. I can guarantee you that none of these pilots paid their way “up”, even though an exception here and there cannot be ruled out. For those looking to join VNA and are new to the contract world, please see my previous posts; I clearly detailed what it means to be a contract pilot. There are goods and bads. And Yesse, just to set the record straight: VNA does NOT and never had a position of SFO. At least not officially. Some high time FOs might feel like they deserve to be called SFO, but this company unlike many others does not have a positionon or title of SFO. You are either FO or Captain. Hope that helps.

wingdeagle 15th Jan 2019 01:39

Here is copy of my older post. Sorry if I may sounds like broken record like Yesse and Kimono :-) :

For those new to the contract world or living on Planet Delusional like Kimono:
- you are on loan by an agency. You are NOT working for THE airline.
- as a contractor you may be lucky to upgrade or change fleets as it has happened at VNA in the past, but you cannot expect it.
- you are looking for same treatment as the loclas: stay in your coutry and be a part of the locals.
- the length of your contract is worthless. The contract can be terminated from BOTH sides within a written time frame. This also gives you as pilot a way out, incase you are not happy where you are.
- you are being paid to fly an airplane from A to B and not to get involved in company planning and politics. This is THEIR company, your company is your agent.
- in most cases your contract will be honored and you will get paid on time for the services you provide. This is it.

Like many airlines, VNA is facing massive challenges. I was there many years.
Pros: Locals are mostly very nice, friendly and welcoming. They are a pleasure to work with. Pay is on time. Plenty new birds to fly and Vietnam is simply awsome and offers a very laid back life style. Despite the crazy traffic.
Cons: Substandard contract. No pay raise in almost 10 years, while inflation is through the roof. If you bring your family, you will be paycheck to paycheck. Overcrowded ATC environment and diminishing standards on flight deck, making the operation very challenging and extremely stressful.

Hope this is good info for those looking for detailed info without emotions involved.

Sunliner81 15th Jan 2019 03:47

Yesse, I wonder what in the hell happened to to you at VNA to cause you so much bitterness. You say you were there 15 years....it’s sad to see such bitterness considering you spent a large slice of your life’s journey there. Kind of like a marriage I guess - it didn’t work out for you and there are always two sides to the story. Good luck wherever you are.

volare_737 15th Jan 2019 08:00

Just a quick question. Is it a fact that when one starts you have to start on a 6/2 or 6/3 and after a year you can apply for a different pattern. Or is it just because I mist the beginning of the year ???
Thanks

Luke SkyToddler 15th Jan 2019 08:35

You can "apply" for a different pattern once a year, but it's up to them whether they'll approve it. At the moment and for the foreseeable future, it's highly unlikely they'll approve anything that involves a reduction in working hours. If you want to increase your hours, that'll definitely be approved ...

Yesse 15th Jan 2019 11:45


Originally Posted by Sunliner81 (Post 10360910)
Yesse, I wonder what in the hell happened to to you at VNA to cause you so much bitterness. You say you were there 15 years....it’s sad to see such bitterness considering you spent a large slice of your life’s journey there. Kind of like a marriage I guess - it didn’t work out for you and there are always two sides to the story. Good luck wherever you are.

yes, i was 15 years ago, but then was not like today. If we talk about VNA 15 years ago, i would think 100% different. I left VNA because i lost my trust on them, after seeing many of my friends being fired just for some corruput people on the top of the company. I am not so young like to give them my last years of flying without knowing if they would do the same with me tomorrow. And be sure about something, if they find the way to fill their pockets firing you some day, they will do it!! If you are young captain, maybe you don't care too much, but when you are over 55, then the story is different. You need to find the place where, at least, you know they will not let you with the ass in the air, because they will not care at all if they destroy you career and part of your life, as long as they could continue stealing money. That's why i left, i saw their plans, and i didn't wait to give them the chance to f...ck me like they did with many other guys one year ago. Clear now?

Sunliner81 16th Jan 2019 03:35


That's why i left, i saw their plans, and i didn't wait to give them the chance to f...ck me like they did with many other guys one year ago. Clear now?
Very clear. Nothing actually happened to you, you just chose to leave as a pre-caution :ok:

Contract flying in Asia 101 - you are always a guest in their country, and when you are surplus to requirements, your ride on ‘their’ wave is over. For FOs this wave is always going to be shorter than the wave for captains. They were lucky to even have one at all, as local FOs can be pumped out of the flying school like a suasage factory. Most took the salary, the experienced gained and moved on. They all signed contracts with 60 day clauses and had their contracts terminated legally. So stop going on about them being ‘fired’, it’s getting old. They were surplus to requirements, for whatever reason.

Yesse 16th Jan 2019 07:41


Originally Posted by Sunliner81 (Post 10361798)


Very clear. Nothing actually happened to you, you just chose to leave as a pre-caution :ok:

Contract flying in Asia 101 - you are always a guest in their country, and when you are surplus to requirements, your ride on ‘their’ wave is over. For FOs this wave is always going to be shorter than the wave for captains. They were lucky to even have one at all, as local FOs can be pumped out of the flying school like a suasage factory. Most took the salary, the experienced gained and moved on. They all signed contracts with 60 day clauses and had their contracts terminated legally. So stop going on about them being ‘fired’, it’s getting old. They were surplus to requirements, for whatever reason.

Yes, the 60 days clause is there, but listening the agencies, those 60 days notice would be never applied, only if there are some exceptional reasons. Nobody expected that they would apply this clause for those SFO's for a corrupt reason instead, in the middle of the contract. The agencies promised the 5 years of contract, which is a huge lie, same as they are promising now the chance of being upgraded to Captain. But now is worse, because before they fired the A320 SFO's, now they are calling for A350 FO's. As A320 FO maybe you have some chances, but as A350 FO, if they apply this clause again for them, tell me where will they find another job within 60 days... This is what i am saying. All those FO's thinking about VNA, please, forget about it!! You will not finish the contract, and you will be not upgraded. Knowing this as a fact, I don't know who will be the brave one coming to VNA as FO. That's it!!

Sunliner81 16th Jan 2019 07:46

So shouldn’t your resentment be directed at the agencies rather than the airline?

Yesse 16th Jan 2019 08:43


Originally Posted by Sunliner81 (Post 10361866)
So shouldn’t your resentment be directed at the agencies rather than the airline?

the agencies are the intermediary. They both are to blame here, but the airline is who fire the people, well, better say, this airline is a kind of family business, the people on top are all of them related to someone else with power. They have no idea about the job, they are just there to study how to steal more money from inside, from the people. What happened is just an example of this. The airline is a disaster in general, just need to go to the office to realize about this. With that people in charge, is normal that if they find the way to earn some extra money ( i am talking about a few people on top ) cheating people, they will do it. 60 days notice and good bye. The agencies are just the bitc... hes of the airline. They will never fight for you. Just give you all the chances they have for you in other airlines, so they can still sucking your money. But the main problem is the airline. The agencies are to blame here only because they don't say the truth about VNA.

Stayabovetheglide 18th Jan 2019 14:42

Hi Folks,

a friend of mine contacted me and told me today VNA will charge him for a simulator. He canceled the screening and now should pay 2500 $ for what.....
All the cost must be payed by the applicant, Airport Tax, Hotel accomondation and so on.....of course you get some back after you signed the contract.....he just thinking about to
fly to VNA, do the screening and flies back home.

Could somebody give advises and hints....i told him to call unfit to fly and send a sickness certificate that stated he is not allowed to make a step into a plane....and fly 12 hours...

Have somebody same issue with VNA and the agencies

Thanks guys....

CM1A320 20th Jan 2019 07:14

I don't know if I would survive the chain smoking that goes on in the cockpits of vietnam airlines, much less on long haul flights, imagine 4 pilots smoking at the same time, you can smell it from business class from pushback to landing. they will never get FAA approval.

atpcliff 20th Jan 2019 07:57


Originally Posted by Yesse (Post 10358587)
Whatever you say. The thing is, would you recommend to any of your friends to work for VNA? Would you encourage any A350 or 787 FO to come to VNA with the hope of being upgraded?? Would you recomend any guy flying for Qatar, Emirates, or any other airline with undefined contract to change for VNA? That's the point!!!!

I know an EK 777 captain who went DEC with Vietnam Airlines, and lived there full time. Last I heard he was happy with the decision. He was thinking about returning to his home country, but went to Vietnam because he wanted DEC, and he wanted a Viet wife/GF.

pezetaroi 21st Jan 2019 07:20


Originally Posted by Stayabovetheglide (Post 10364102)
Hi Folks,

a friend of mine contacted me and told me today VNA will charge him for a simulator. He canceled the screening and now should pay 2500 $ for what.....
All the cost must be payed by the applicant, Airport Tax, Hotel accomondation and so on.....of course you get some back after you signed the contract.....he just thinking about to
fly to VNA, do the screening and flies back home.

Could somebody give advises and hints....i told him to call unfit to fly and send a sickness certificate that stated he is not allowed to make a step into a plane....and fly 12 hours...

Have somebody same issue with VNA and the agencies

Thanks guys....

He signed a concent letter with his agency, it’s all in there... If he does attend the screening and is successful, he will also have to pay the penalty if he doesn’t sign within three months. No surprises here, it’s all stated by the agencies or at least the one I applied with...

Aviator7777 1st Apr 2019 20:08

Vietjet vs Jetstar Pacific
 

Originally Posted by BAe 146-100 (Post 10252812)
Fancy low pay, mels galore, asshole connected FOs low job security with no back up from your management, welcome yo join VNA!!!

Dear BAe 146-100,
Mistake or not I have commited myself to work for Vietjet or Jetstar, with upcoming simulator assesments for both of them, but have to make a choice.
According to what I hear, I cannot really get a clear picture for who is best. Can you please provide more information?


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:17.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.