Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > South Asia and the Far East
Reload this Page >

China stopped all foreign pilots flying in China

South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

China stopped all foreign pilots flying in China

Old 27th Oct 2020, 04:18
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Heathrow
Age: 40
Posts: 130
China stopped all foreign pilots flying in China

Heard as of yesterday that all foreign pilots have been banned from flying for Chinese airlines by CAAC...any truth to this please?
Murray_NN is offline  
Old 27th Oct 2020, 11:04
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: turkey
Age: 47
Posts: 94
CAAC

I've still got friends flying there. Where did you hear this?
Turkpilot is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 09:06
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Aus
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by Murray_NN View Post
Heard as of yesterday that all foreign pilots have been banned from flying for Chinese airlines by CAAC...any truth to this please?
The CAAC released the airways approved for use by foreigners for the Northern Winter schedule. The number of airways have been reduced from close to 400 to 109 (give or take a few).

So no, not banned at all, just severely restricted for at least the next 6 months. Will wait and see what the “Summer Schedule” airways allocation brings.
Switchbait is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 11:04
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Asia
Posts: 50
Why? Because you're going to take spy pictures with your iPhone?
slate100 is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 11:50
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hkg
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by slate100 View Post
Why? Because you're going to take spy pictures with your iPhone?
“this is Chinese navy, you are entering”

”this is the US Navy, we are exercising our freedom of international....”

”Filipino coast guard, weird animal noises, followed by blatant insults aimed at someone’s mother”
wonderland is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 12:14
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Aus
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
“this is Chinese navy, you are entering”

”this is the US Navy, we are exercising our freedom of international....”

”Filipino coast guard, weird animal noises, followed by blatant insults aimed at someone’s mother”
🤣🤣 an accurate assessment
Switchbait is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 14:20
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,828
Chinese men are very funny, this is how they......
Superpilot is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 17:13
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Anywere
Posts: 305
Stop asking yourself why the Chinese Government do anything or you will go crazy, it just is.
Or you might et the "Because this is China"
Always Moving is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 17:31
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 2,577
Originally Posted by Switchbait View Post
The CAAC released the airways approved for use by foreigners for the Northern Winter schedule. The number of airways have been reduced from close to 400 to 109 (give or take a few).

So no, not banned at all, just severely restricted for at least the next 6 months. Will wait and see what the “Summer Schedule” airways allocation brings.
Does this imply that as an expat pilot in China you are restricted to certain routes only?
While your Chinese colleagues get to fly the other routes?

B2N2 is online now  
Old 29th Oct 2020, 00:54
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Aus
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by B2N2 View Post
Does this imply that as an expat pilot in China you are restricted to certain routes only?
While your Chinese colleagues get to fly the other routes?
Correct, and it has always been this way. It is just now that those airways you can use as a foreigner have been greatly reduced in number.
Switchbait is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2020, 01:13
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 768
just interested - any explanation/justification for the selected routes foreign devils can/cannot fly?
galdian is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2020, 12:10
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,828
1. Language/military controllers can't converse in English that well
2. Yes, certain areas contain sensitive sites that cannot be viewed by non-security cleared foreign devils (though they will never admit it)
3. Some airports on the Western side are no go for foreigners due to whatever reason hence no reason to be able to fly on that airway.

Some of those airways are not even worthy of mention as most are very short anyway.
Superpilot is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.