Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > South Asia and Far East Wannabes
Reload this Page >

SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged

South Asia and Far East Wannabes A forum for those applying to Cathay Pacific, Dragonair or any other Hong Kong-based airline or operator. Use this area for both Direct Entry Pilot and Cadet-scheme queries.

SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged

Old 15th Jun 2019, 03:49
  #4281 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Little Birdie View Post
I had mine in KL
How long it take for them from the date you applied to send you invitation for interview?
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2019, 02:03
  #4282 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rice fields
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
How long it take for them from the date you applied to send you invitation for interview?
Two months I believe.
Little Birdie is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2019, 02:15
  #4283 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Little Birdie View Post
Two months I believe.
Could you share what questions they asked during the preliminary interview
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2019, 03:02
  #4284 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rice fields
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
Could you share what questions they asked during the preliminary interview
Depends on your answers to their questions. The next question will probe further into your previous answer. There are no standard questions.

If you say you know what true airspeed is, then the next would be what is the definition, then the next would be what is TAS used for, then the next would be what is the difference between IAS and TAS, then the next would be how to calculate TAS, how is it indicated on an ASI and so on...
Little Birdie is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2019, 03:09
  #4285 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Little Birdie View Post
Depends on your answers to their questions. The next question will probe further into your previous answer. There are no standard questions.

If you say you know what true airspeed is, then the next would be what is the definition, then the next would be what is TAS used for, then the next would be what is the difference between IAS and TAS, then the next would be how to calculate TAS, how is it indicated on an ASI and so on...
Thanks. Do you have experience in aviation field?
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2019, 13:06
  #4286 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Singapore
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
For Malaysian the 1st interview will be in Malaysia or Singapore?
you will get an email with a choice of SG or KL. The malaysia one is less frequent whereas in SG its held on most fridays.

time it takes to receive an email varies. Sometimes 2 weeks sometimes 2 months.
Kenminc is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2019, 14:48
  #4287 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Kenminc View Post
you will get an email with a choice of SG or KL. The malaysia one is less frequent whereas in SG its held on most fridays.

time it takes to receive an email varies. Sometimes 2 weeks sometimes 2 months.
Thanks for sharing info. Yeah currently my application in review status. Modified one time.
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2019, 15:10
  #4288 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rice fields
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
Thanks. Do you have experience in aviation field?
Working for an airline at the moment. Aeronautical engineering background.
Little Birdie is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2019, 16:11
  #4289 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Little Birdie View Post
Working for an airline at the moment. Aeronautical engineering background.
Oh great! Then it's should be easy for you. In my case im a mechanical engineer with 5 years of experience in oil and gas industry. No aviation field experience at all.
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 18th Jun 2019, 00:09
  #4290 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Singapore
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
Oh great! Then it's should be easy for you. In my case im a mechanical engineer with 5 years of experience in oil and gas industry. No aviation field experience at all.
you dont have to have aviation experience. Many in the program come from a variety of backgrounds, lowers, medicine, engineering etc
Kenminc is offline  
Old 18th Jun 2019, 07:34
  #4291 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Kenminc View Post
you dont have to have aviation experience. Many in the program come from a variety of backgrounds, lowers, medicine, engineering etc
Alright thanks man. Hope i will get through.
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 03:32
  #4292 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbournr
Posts: 2
Could anyone share any info on what's conducted during the pre-employment medical for SIA? Heard of people passing the CAAS Class 1 but not getting through on the pre-employment medical.
Gflyerfly is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 03:53
  #4293 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rice fields
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
Alright thanks man. Hope i will get through.
I think the prelim interview is to separate those who are there to try their luck from those who really want to fly for a living.

From what I gathered in this thread you'd be alright if you can prove you're one of the latter.
Little Birdie is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2019, 04:36
  #4294 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Gflyerfly View Post
Could anyone share any info on what's conducted during the pre-employment medical for SIA? Heard of people passing the CAAS Class 1 but not getting through on the pre-employment medical.
It depends on whether anything was flagged up during your CAAS class 1 medical.

There's some divergence between Caas class 1 and Sq's own review.

Caas' is an annual health review that clears you to fly for 12 months.

Sq is concerned with the cadets long term health status. A cadet that can clear c1 this annual cycle but might not clear the next cycle or subsequent years is of no use to them when it's a partially sponsored programme.
cornroll is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 10:34
  #4295 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Interview

Hi anyone from Malaysia got invited for preliminary interview?
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 26th Jul 2019, 19:12
  #4296 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rice fields
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
Hi anyone from Malaysia got invited for preliminary interview?
Have you got the invite?
Little Birdie is offline  
Old 26th Jul 2019, 23:12
  #4297 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Little Birdie View Post
Have you got the invite?
Haven't. Status still showing in review. I applied on 15th july. Modified twice. Wondering if anybody else got invited for preliminary interview.
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2019, 00:59
  #4298 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rice fields
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
Haven't. Status still showing in review. I applied on 15th july. Modified twice. Wondering if anybody else got invited for preliminary interview.
That's just about two weeks ago, they're probably still shortlisting. This one is the one for Malaysians?
Little Birdie is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2019, 03:22
  #4299 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Little Birdie View Post
That's just about two weeks ago, they're probably still shortlisting. This one is the one for Malaysians?
Yeah for Malaysian. Because im following another forum. But there mostly Singaporean. Few of them got invited for preliminary interview on 19th. Thats why wondering if anyone from Malaysia also got invited.
Viknesh Subramaniam is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2019, 05:18
  #4300 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rice fields
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Viknesh Subramaniam View Post
Yeah for Malaysian. Because im following another forum. But there mostly Singaporean. Few of them got invited for preliminary interview on 19th. Thats why wondering if anyone from Malaysia also got invited.
I see. The timing of stages for Singaporeans and Malaysians is a little different so I believe the wait time between stages should differ too. All the best to you.
Little Birdie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.