Wikiposts
Search
Computer/Internet Issues & Troubleshooting Anyone with questions about the terribly complex world of computers or the internet should try here. NOT FOR REPORTING ISSUES WITH PPRuNe FORUMS! Please use the subforum "PPRuNe Problems or Queries."

HP all in one

Search this Thread

Old 25th Sep 2021, 03:18

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HP all in one

I have had my hp over ten years,not a lot of use ,maybe two hours five days a week.
Now I have a band of about seven vertical coloured lines on the right side of the screen and a three inch band of horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen.Can this be repaired?
Old 25th Sep 2021, 04:15

Received 341 Likes on 113 Posts
Yes it can be repaired, but no point in it. Most probably you'll get a brand new PC with the cost of repairs. Along comes modern properties.
Old 25th Sep 2021, 08:09

Received 361 Likes on 210 Posts
I'd just go for another HP laptop - they're really good
Old 25th Sep 2021, 08:42

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Depends if you can get a screen cheap, maybe off Ebay

I've done a few, bought a knackered laptop of the identical model - the plastic surround pulls off the screen, then the back, and there will be two very thin metal hinges that go all the way up both sides, three or four screws each side. Two connectors also go through those for the signal and the backlight. All depends how confident you are with small screwdrivers and pulling plastic bits apart without breaking the tabs that hold them together..
Old 25th Sep 2021, 09:46

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a graphics card failure - bin it!
Old 25th Sep 2021, 12:31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The LCD bands could be caused by the cable that connects the motherboard to the monitor via the swivel mechanism coming loose. It can be investigated if you are that way inclined but it is a very fiddly task and some practice on the craftiness employed on how they assemble these things would come in handy, otherwise you could be snapping plastic bits.

Repair is probably not worth it as second hand laptops are very cheap. There are a number of second hand computer shops around that should be able to sell you a more modern one with a warranty.
Old 25th Sep 2021, 22:36

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,190 Posts
See link

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskto...d/td-p/5800693

and

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c01881110
Old 26th Sep 2021, 00:41

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HP 18 all in one!

Bit awkward living ina small village in north east Thailand! I have a repair man in Udon Thani city about 25 k away so I guess its headed there! It has not clocked a high mileage and I am loath to just throw it!Watch this space!
Used my cheap Acer laptop last night and it kept dropping of the internet every two minutes!Tablet and smartphone were ok!!!!
Old 26th Sep 2021, 04:26

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,190 Posts
Did you try the first link?