Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Flying Instructors & Examiners
Reload this Page >

Reqd. "certifier's work email address"

Wikiposts
Search
Flying Instructors & Examiners A place for instructors to communicate with one another because some of them get a bit tired of the attitude that instructing is the lowest form of aviation, as seems to prevail on some of the other forums!

Search this Thread

Old 23rd Jan 2021, 08:21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Second time this has occurred, I am helping a Dutch pilot through the SOLI process , re. certification of his EASA(UK Part FCL) licence, (albeit this has already been done by a Dutch FE) I am more than happy to help and can do this as a UK FE but the text back from the CAA rejecting the application, quotes ,(with a note ,in red),"This e mail must come from the certifier's work email. We will not accept emails from personal email accounts or directly from the applicant". Has anyone found this a problem and why can't I use my only email, ie private! (I can of course post this directly to the CAA). Tks for any replies.
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 08:52

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Quite simply, they only accept emails from a company address however; that rather precludes the large number of self employed examiners from being able to contact them. Of course its not difficult to set up a company email address if thats really what they want!
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 09:24

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Is this really CAA "forked tongue" speak for expecting this to come from an ATO or DTO? So although not being said they expect the signature of a Head of Training.
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 10:18

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Our independent examiner gets me (a HoT) to do this certifying. He'll either be examining one of our students or a Club member flying their own aircraft. In either case, we're happy to do it as a service to the Club member.
I've a 'pro-forma' set up and create the necessary .pdf in seconds. No problem at all. Never had the CAA query it (so far!)

TOO
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 10:36

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone can buy a domain for a few pounds....... just because the email is @international pilots.com instead of @hotmail.com means nothing

These petty bureaucratic hurdles annoy and have no benefit. In the UK you can kick back against excessive data requests as all data has to be necessary and proportionate, but the use of 'work emails' whatever they might be are best circumvented. GoDaddy is offering a year's service for £3. Takes about 10 minutes. If these people want to be silly, be silly back. I see 'pilotlicensing.com' is available
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 13:31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had similar in the past with letters needed to be on company headed note paper.