Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Rumours & News
Reload this Page >

Air Lingus transatlantic flights

Rumours & News Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots.

Air Lingus transatlantic flights

Old 26th Mar 2020, 19:37
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 16
Air Lingus transatlantic flights

Are AirLingus operating flights as normal to New York. Emails have told us our our original flight will depart 3 hours late, then we have been asked if we want to upgrade. Advice from A.L is not to contact them until 72 hrs before the flight but I can't get through now. I thought all SLF to N.Y. from UK was stopped.
tinmug is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2020, 20:18
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: glasgow
Posts: 302
I think US citizens and residents can still travel.
renfrew is online now  
Old 27th Mar 2020, 00:22
  #3 (permalink)  
Just a numbered other
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Earth
Age: 68
Posts: 1,167
Originally Posted by tinmug View Post
Are AirLingus operating flights as normal to New York. Emails have told us our our original flight will depart 3 hours late, then we have been asked if we want to upgrade. Advice from A.L is not to contact them until 72 hrs before the flight but I can't get through now. I thought all SLF to N.Y. from UK was stopped.
Ireland is not in the U.K. it is part of the EU but if I recall accurately was exempted from the ban.

As was the U.K. until Trump changed his mind.
Arkroyal is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2020, 09:24
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 744
Originally Posted by Arkroyal View Post
Ireland is not in the U.K. it is part of the EU but if I recall accurately was exempted from the ban.

As was the U.K. until Trump changed his mind.
The Trump ban was on the Schengen area, Ireland and the UK are both ouside that zone and share a seperate Common Travel Area which pre-dates both countires joining the then EEC.

Most of the EI A330 fleet is about to be deployed to a cargo bridge between China and Ireland with several flights a day to bring in medical equipment and protective equipment for staff on the frontline of the Covid-19 battle.

JAS
Just a spotter is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2020, 10:59
  #5 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,274
See here and read the FAQs and then the links to the proclamation.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...al-travel.html
ORAC is online now  
Old 27th Mar 2020, 11:25
  #6 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 2,969
Originally Posted by Just a spotter View Post
The Trump ban was on the Schengen area, Ireland and the UK are both ouside that zone and share a seperate Common Travel Area which pre-dates both countires joining the then EEC.

Most of the EI A330 fleet is about to be deployed to a cargo bridge between China and Ireland with several flights a day to bring in medical equipment and protective equipment for staff on the frontline of the Covid-19 battle.

JAS
.

When this is all over the whole world is going to have rethink this China thing. We have to stop relying on China.
SOPS is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2020, 13:43
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,247
Originally Posted by SOPS View Post
.

When this is all over the whole world is going to have rethink this China thing. We have to stop relying on China.
Including " to blame" ?

but where will we now look
lomapaseo is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.