PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Rotorheads (https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads-23/)
-   -   GOM situation (https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/619028-gom-situation.html)

flyingnomad 3rd Mar 2019 14:52

GOM situation
 
What is the hiring field like these days in the GOM? I've been out of touch for some years and it seems the downturn may have changed some things up down there. Who are the good operators and the ones to avoid and is the GOM O&G on the up and up or is it stagnant? I read on here that Bristow may not be doing so well. I also seem to remember hearing some about PHI needing to sell their HEMS to keep their O&G ops afloat.Anyways, I'll take any intel I can get folks. Job security is the name of the game for me. Thanks

Soave_Pilot 4th Mar 2019 11:18


Originally Posted by flyingnomad (Post 10405805)
What is the hiring field like these days in the GOM? I've been out of touch for some years and it seems the downturn may have changed some things up down there. Who are the good operators and the ones to avoid and is the GOM O&G on the up and up or is it stagnant? I read on here that Bristow may not be doing so well. I also seem to remember hearing some about PHI needing to sell their HEMS to keep their O&G ops afloat.Anyways, I'll take any intel I can get folks. Job security is the name of the game for me. Thanks


Iíve heard the US government is allowing well qualified pilots to work through sponsors over there due to
pilot shortage, although I only found information about this related to fixed wing airline pilots.

tottigol 4th Mar 2019 14:57


Originally Posted by Soave_Pilot (Post 10406460)



Iíve heard the US government is allowing well qualified pilots to work through sponsors over there due to
pilot shortage, although I only found information about this related to fixed wing airline pilots.

There is no shortage of qualified US helicopter pilots.
There may be a shortage of qualified US helicopter pilots willing to work for pennies.

flyingnomad 4th Mar 2019 17:34


Originally Posted by tottigol (Post 10406654)

There is no shortage of qualified US helicopter pilots.
There may be a shortage of qualified US helicopter pilots willing to work for pennies.

so is the GOM paying lousy or are pilots finding more security elsewhere?


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:38.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.