PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) (https://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies-14/)
-   -   EASA ban on Russian citizenship pilot (https://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/646869-easa-ban-russian-citizenship-pilot.html)

Daria018 24th May 2022 22:47

EASA ban on Russian citizenship pilot
 
Hey folks,
will be very happy if you share with me a thoughts in this situation,

EASA suspended all Russian pilots, students , PPL holders who has Russian citizenship (even with dual citizenship or residency in EU)

based on new regulations
EU 2022/833 ,
EU 833/334
EU 833/328

which in general words:
‘Article 3d
1. It shall be prohibited for any aircraft operated by Russian air carriers, including as a marketing carrier in code- sharing or blocked-space arrangements, or for any Russian registered aircraft, or for any non-Russian-registered aircraft which is owned or chartered, or otherwise controlled by any Russian natural or legal person, entity or body, to land in, take off from or overfly the territory of the Union.“

this also reflected on theoretical exams, medical checks, already passed but not issued yet skills test license and any other service which russian citizenship pilots may request from EASA…

Spanish AESA refuses to issue my MEP which was done on 21 January….

despite we all trying to find a lawyers and prepare a collective appeal, i also want to think about my future, as this things won’t be left unnoticed for looooong time …

I can’t attach a link cause I am a new user, but here you can copy and paste to read more :
freeskies.eu


would like to ask you where is the best and fastest way to convert license EASA ? No FAA , but any others ?
what would you do on my place ?


thank you in advance!

rudestuff 25th May 2022 09:09


Originally Posted by Daria018 (Post 11234842)
EASA suspended all Russian pilots, students , PPL holders who has Russian citizenship (even with dual citizenship or residency in EU)

This seems a little far fetched to me!

rudestuff 25th May 2022 14:42

I'm pretty sure discrimination based on race or nationality is illegal on Europe.

Genghis the Engineer 25th May 2022 17:37

Only if that nationality is an EU one I think.

G

flugas 25th May 2022 18:40

That's tough.. Sorry to hear that.. Have you considered converting your license to an ICAO one in one of the following countries? Please note that I don't have a clue about these countries' policies towards Russian citizens.

South Africa
​​​Venezuela (Spanish might be an issue, might be friendlier to Russian citizens)
Bolivia (Spanish is a must to fly VFR in Bolivia, cheap to fly)
Philippines

Daria018 27th May 2022 17:14


Originally Posted by flugas (Post 11235414)
That's tough.. Sorry to hear that.. Have you considered converting your license to an ICAO one in one of the following countries?

Thank you for the options,
yes we are thinking to do it and looking for a country which will be easiest way to convert it

Daria018 27th May 2022 17:19


Originally Posted by rudestuff (Post 11235258)
I'm pretty sure discrimination based on race or nationality is illegal on Europe.


obviously not anymore! They truly discriminate us, people who not related to the war in any case, can’t affect the decisions of government, and be honest paying a big money to EU countries for their studying or training, now just completely discriminated by nationality.

we trying to complain and show out this case to many people, companies , government organizations etc but at the moment we don’t receive any clear answer except they are confirming the Brussels document about prohibition for Russian citizenship

nomilk 27th May 2022 21:04

Can you renounce the Russian citizenship or is this one that can't be renounced?

Daria018 29th May 2022 11:40


Originally Posted by nomilk (Post 11236623)
Can you renounce the Russian citizenship or is this one that can't be renounced?


in my case I can’t cause I have only Russian citizenship. Other pilots think to do so , but once again, this should not be like that … especially there is no even a guarantee that the restrictions will be lift off …

we are looking for an alternative options to continue flying

VariablePitchP 30th May 2022 08:18


Originally Posted by Daria018 (Post 11236557)
obviously not anymore! They truly discriminate us, people who not related to the war in any case, can’t affect the decisions of government, and be honest paying a big money to EU countries for their studying or training, now just completely discriminated by nationality.

we trying to complain and show out this case to many people, companies , government organizations etc but at the moment we don’t receive any clear answer except they are confirming the Brussels document about prohibition for Russian citizenship

The EU has always discriminated against non EU citizens, that’s sort of the point. As plenty of Brits are now finding, if you’re not a citizen of the EU, you don’t get their benefits.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:55.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.