Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies)
Reload this Page >

Leading Edge LEAP+FI, & TUI UK Pilot Cadet Programmes

Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Leading Edge LEAP+FI, & TUI UK Pilot Cadet Programmes

Old 3rd Jan 2023, 18:32
  #101 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123
Evening all,

Curious to know whether anyone else is in the same position as me? Submitted an application the week it opened (showing as application “submitted” on my TUI profile), but am yet to receive an invitation to do assessments etc?

Thanks and good luck all!
can't say I'm in the same boat. Have you reached out to the recruitment team, or tried submitting another application? Maybe a glitch?

I assume you meet the basic requirements outlined?

Be at least 18 years of age on or before 1st September 2023
• Have at least five GCSEs including Maths, English and a Science at grade C/4 or above
• Be fluent in English (verbal and written) with ICAO Level 4
• Be eligible to live and work indefinitely in the UK without additional approvals
• Hold a valid passport which permits unrestricted worldwide travel
• Be at least 1.58cm (5ft 2in) tall
• Able to swim 25m
• Able to obtain a CAA issued Class 1 medical prior to commencing training (at your own cost) – click here for more information
• Before commencing training, complete referencing and pre-employment checks
Blakey0204 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 19:00
  #102 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trickennuggets
Congratulations on your results, you must be really happy!
Let's bear in mind though that they seem to also give emphasis on diverse backgrounds/ different ways of thinking and being a good fit as well as the technical and mental capacity to be able to do the job. So to anyone that isn't above average, like myself, don't be too disheartened, it may still be enough, coupled with your interview, to get to the next stage
you're absolutely right, there was a definite emphasis on being the right fit!

apologies to anyone miffed by my post about average being 'average' - I was purely relating to how I felt I had done vs results- in previous posts I mentioned how difficult I had found the tests - but totally appreciate that's not how it reads / come across after re-reading! Best of luck all
Blakey0204 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 19:09
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Kent
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blakey0204
you're absolutely right, there was a definite emphasis on being the right fit!

apologies to anyone miffed by my post about average being 'average' - I was purely relating to how I felt I had done vs results- in previous posts I mentioned how difficult I had found the tests - but totally appreciate that's not how it may come across after re-reading! Best of luck all
Oh, don't worry, I wasn't personally miffed and have read your previous posts as they came up. You are obviously a helpful person and didn't think for a minute you'd want to make anyone feel discouraged. I just wanted to get that in for anyone who didn't get the results they might have hoped for. Congratulations though! Three aces is a very good hand!
Trickennuggets is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 19:18
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trickennuggets
Congratulations on your results, you must be really happy!
Let's bear in mind though that they seem to also give emphasis on diverse backgrounds/ different ways of thinking and being a good fit as well as the technical and mental capacity to be able to do the job. So to anyone that isn't above average, like myself, don't be too disheartened, it may still be enough, coupled with your interview, to get to the next stage
Agreed. I also think it is fantastic practise for future assessments even if I don't proceed to the next phase. Good luck all looking forward to hearing back in a few weeks as to the next steps
jordon1703 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 19:56
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Norwich
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? Results

I don’t appear to have a report section on my Tui Portal. I unfortunately did not meet the requirements for the Tui cadet programme after I completed the tests but am keen to see what my test results were! It just says it’s closed on my portal?
Alfieg0411 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 20:13
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: London
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You’re a helpful bunch with great team spirit, refreshing compared to some of the threads on this forum . All this working out percentiles is giving me unwelcome flashbacks to the numerical reasoning tests… best not to second guess too much.

I’m curious, when everyone else logs into their profile do you still have a message in red under ‘Jobs Applied’ that says “Complete Your Assessments”… I’ve completed all mine but the message persists?

Well done everyone best of luck and here’s to an exciting new year!!
holding4release is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 20:14
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by holding4release
You’re a helpful bunch with great team spirit, refreshing compared to some of the threads on this forum . All this working out percentiles is giving me unwelcome flashbacks to the numerical reasoning tests… best not to second guess too much.

I’m curious, when everyone else logs into their profile do you still have a message in red under ‘Jobs Applied’ that says “Complete Your Assessments”… I’ve completed all mine but the message persists?

Well done everyone best of luck and here’s to an exciting new year!!
Mine still says Complete Assessments in red, but can confirm I have completed everything possible. Just another one of those TUI quirks in the application process it seems!
jordon1703 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 20:21
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Kent
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alfieg0411
I don’t appear to have a report section on my Tui Portal. I unfortunately did not meet the requirements for the Tui cadet programme after I completed the tests but am keen to see what my test results were! It just says it’s closed on my portal?
I didn't think it was immediately obvious. It the top of the portal page, where you took the tests, there is a menu-looking button on the top right. If you press on that, one of two options should say report.
If not, the report only gives you whether you were below average, average or above average with a description of what that means. There isn't any detailed feedback.
Please remember though that not meeting the requirements this time round certainly doesn't mean you aren't good enough. It can take a little while to get used to this type of test so don't give up. I'm sure you'll do absolutely fine next time
Trickennuggets is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 20:34
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: London
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jordon1703
Mine still says Complete Assessments in red, but can confirm I have completed everything possible. Just another one of those TUI quirks in the application process it seems!
Can’t help but think it’s all part of the test to see if we have a sneaky peak

I’m pretty sure we’re not supposed to see the reports either. After looking at them the TUI domain barred me from logging back in saying I was “not permitted to access this page”. I had to close my browser to get back in!!
holding4release is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 20:36
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Belfast
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done folks! I just checked mine, and scored one of each too; so suppose i am average? lol. Anyway, I am excited to see what happens next.
future_pilot_di is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 20:57
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 72
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much time do you have before you must complete all tests? Is there a requirement to complete them all within X days of receipt of email?

Thanks and good luck to all!
FuturePilot_123 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 21:00
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Belfast
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123
How much time do you have before you must complete all tests? Is there a requirement to complete them all within X days of receipt of email?

Thanks and good luck to all!
You are given 5 days to complete the assessments - starting from the moment you receive the email.
future_pilot_di is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 21:05
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 72
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks future_pilot_di, and good luck with your application!
FuturePilot_123 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2023, 22:03
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by holding4release
Can’t help but think it’s all part of the test to see if we have a sneaky peak

I’m pretty sure we’re not supposed to see the reports either. After looking at them the TUI domain barred me from logging back in saying I was “not permitted to access this page”. I had to close my browser to get back in!!
I've seen that pop up before. That's an authentication issue where the portal tries to log you in, but you are already logged in! I can replicate it if I click on the my portal link in one of the emails after I have already logged in.

Last edited by SoftwareDev; 3rd Jan 2023 at 22:23.
SoftwareDev is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2023, 02:41
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: England
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by future_pilot_di
Well done folks! I just checked mine, and scored one of each too; so suppose i am average? lol. Anyway, I am excited to see what happens next.
Woo! Just checked my reports, average in verbal reasoning, and above average in logical and numerical reasoning.

not so surprising seeing as I’m doing a maths degree, however those logical reasonings were extremely tricky, not sure how I managed that one!
Will66 is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2023, 03:42
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Average in numerical, above average in logical and verbal. Seems acurate. My job requires a lot of logic and patterns etc and my natural strengths lie in written and verbal communication. Always been on the weaker side of numeracy.
Here's the thing - averaged based on what? It could be all TUI cadet applicants, everyone who has ever taken those Sova tests for any company, or a existing TUI staff. There will also be an average range. TUI will likely have a percentile you lie in for an overall ranking.
SoftwareDev is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2023, 11:41
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: London
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoftwareDev
I've seen that pop up before. That's an authentication issue where the portal tries to log you in, but you are already logged in! I can replicate it if I click on the my portal link in one of the emails after I have already logged in.
Ah, well given your username and exp I’m sure you have a much better understanding of this stuff than I do!
holding4release is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2023, 12:18
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think tui have now closed the application window…
Aeronaut1132 is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2023, 15:19
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: England
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems the Tui cadet program his been closed, but will reopen in 6 weeks.

I got an email the other day saying not to expect a result until mid to late February, and the assessment centre will be sometime in may.

So I guess we should no longer expect to hear anything in January!

have a look on the website, applications now closed for 6 weeks
Will66 is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2023, 18:14
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: London
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy new year everybody!
Thought I post my results so people don't get discouraged after seeing all the above average results!
Numerical + Logical : Average
Verbal : Below Average
Maybe because English is my second language
Good luck to everyone who is perusing this opportunity !
Harko is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.