Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

CAE easyJet MPL 2020

Old 7th Feb 2020, 08:52
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by Captain kangeroo View Post
Hi all. Completed stage 2 today.
Firstly, there is nothing to catch you out/no low ballers. Staff were friendly and the group of 8-10 of us who took the assessment were also a really good bunch - Iíd be delighted to be placed on a course with any or all of them.

I stuffed up the ball game as it took me a while to get to grips with the reverse axis on the joystick. All in all there was nothing unexpected and the entire assessment was done within about 3 hours or so.

if anyone wants any further info on the structure then by all means dm me for my email.

For those who sat the stage 2 today please get in touch as it would be great to chat ahead of stage 3 (though Iím pretty sure Iíve failed) For those yet to sit stage 2 - best of luck
hi captain kangeroo, you got a dm
Vixr is offline  
Old 7th Feb 2020, 11:24
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Uk
Posts: 13
Balls! I didnít do well enough to get onto the MPL but got enough to get accepted onto the ATPL route with another airline. I passed everything but fell short in the physics test.
They've given me the choice to apply again next year or go forward to stage 3 but with another airline Mentored programme.
Captain kangeroo is offline  
Old 7th Feb 2020, 12:04
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: England
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Captain kangeroo View Post
Balls! I didnít do well enough to get onto the MPL but got enough to get accepted onto the ATPL route with another airline. I passed everything but fell short in the physics test.
They've given me the choice to apply again next year or go forward to stage 3 but with another airline Mentored programme.
Sorry to hear man. Where did you do the assessment?
Vkngpilot is offline  
Old 7th Feb 2020, 20:58
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Uk
Posts: 13
Quite a few of you have sent me a message however I canít send one back because your inbox is full. Drop me en email - [email protected].

emmakd- how did you get on?
Captain kangeroo is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2020, 12:46
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 27
Hi all,
Somebody has information about when will start the next EasyJET training in Oxford and Milan ?
Thank
Alejandro9 is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2020, 16:58
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Alejandro9 View Post
Hi all,
Somebody has information about when will start the next EasyJET training in Oxford and Milan ?
Thank
I recently found out i was accepted on to the course last week. A representative from CAE called me and offered days across both Milan and Oxford around March/April time (can't remember exactly what dates). Although I am unable to begin until September time and she said that was fine too. Hope this helps
dan.jones is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2020, 17:53
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: London
Posts: 15
Good luck to those with stage 2 this week. Had mine today, though made a couple of silly mistakes that I think I will be made to regret unfortunately. One of those times you remember the answer during the drive home an hour later. Shame, kicking myself, but there we go.
PilotMatt2020 is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2020, 09:12
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 27
Thank for your reply.

I will pass the assessment in Milan on 24 febrary. I hope if I success it I should begin in April / May.
Alejandro9 is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2020, 12:42
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: London
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by PilotMatt2020 View Post
Good luck to those with stage 2 this week. Had mine today, though made a couple of silly mistakes that I think I will be made to regret unfortunately. One of those times you remember the answer during the drive home an hour later. Shame, kicking myself, but there we go.
know that feeling lol
sms8 is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2020, 13:41
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 27
During the phase 2, can we have pen and paper for the mathematics test ?
Alejandro9 is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2020, 13:43
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Milano
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Alejandro9 View Post
Thank for your reply.

I will pass the assessment in Milan on 24 febrary. I hope if I success it I should begin in April / May.
when I applied for the stage 5 there wasn't Milan as a choice. When did you do your application for the stage 2?
Gioinve99 is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2020, 16:42
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Paris
Age: 27
Posts: 12
Hey !

I had my stage 2 on Friday and have not heard from me yet. In my opinion I made too many mistakes in physics (at least 5) against the rest I think it's ok. The red ball test I did not get out of the central red circle once and the simulator did not cause me any problems. For maths Alejandro you are entitled to a pen and a draft. Iím still crossing my fingers !
Dylan Cimmino is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2020, 20:31
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Alejandro9 View Post
During the phase 2, can we have pen and paper for the mathematics test ?
yes you can. you can bring your own, or they'll provide it as well (at least they did for mine)
dan.jones is offline  
Old 12th Feb 2020, 07:25
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Dylan Cimmino View Post
Hey !

I had my stage 2 on Friday and have not heard from me yet. In my opinion I made too many mistakes in physics (at least 5) against the rest I think it's ok. The red ball test I did not get out of the central red circle once and the simulator did not cause me any problems. For maths Alejandro you are entitled to a pen and a draft. Iím still crossing my fingers !
thank for your reply. I hope it will be okay for you dude
Alejandro9 is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 09:59
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 27
Hii everybody,

Inhave a question about the ball test. Currently Iím training on latestpilotjob with a joystick and for the red ball test to turn left/rigt we must use the Z axe and not turn the joystick to the left/right normally. During the CAE test it will be the same ? We must turn with the Z axe ?

thank you.
Alejandro9 is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 10:50
  #56 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Uk
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Alejandro9 View Post
Hii everybody,

Inhave a question about the ball test. Currently Iím training on latestpilotjob with a joystick and for the red ball test to turn left/rigt we must use the Z axe and not turn the joystick to the left/right normally. During the CAE test it will be the same ? We must turn with the Z axe ?

thank you.

Yess, all the left and right turns are done using the Z axis I.e. twisting the joystick
Captain kangeroo is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 11:00
  #57 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Captain kangeroo View Post
Yess, all the left and right turns are done using the Z axis I.e. twisting the joystick
Thanks Captain

I have another question. Somebody knows if you take the option with the accomodations provided, itís shared appartment ?

Last edited by Alejandro9; 14th Feb 2020 at 12:57.
Alejandro9 is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 12:58
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Paris
Age: 27
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Alejandro9 View Post
thank for your reply. I hope it will be okay for you dude
Thanks !

I got my answer today and it is positive ! So I would be at stage 3.
Dylan Cimmino is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 15:58
  #59 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: London
Posts: 82
under the impression its individual rooms...CAE recommend sourcing outside accommodation though.
sms8 is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2020, 17:24
  #60 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Coventry
Posts: 1
10th February Assessment 2

Originally Posted by PilotMatt2020 View Post
Good luck to those with stage 2 this week. Had mine today, though made a couple of silly mistakes that I think I will be made to regret unfortunately. One of those times you remember the answer during the drive home an hour later. Shame, kicking myself, but there we go.
Hi Matt, What time was your assessment? Mine was at 1pm. Did you hear back?
Pilot D is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.