Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies)
Reload this Page >

Does it matter where you do your CPLMEIR?

Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Does it matter where you do your CPLMEIR?

Old 8th Feb 2019, 23:00
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London / Buckinghamshire
Age: 20
Posts: 37
Grrr Does it matter where you do your CPLMEIR?

So I know, or I think I know that most airlines don't care where you got your PPL, or did your hour building - that they do care about your ATPL results.
But do they care about where you did your CPLMEIR? Are first time passes more credible at certain schools compared to others? What about the MCCJOC? As long as it's an APS MCC, does it matter?

I guess the ideal person to answer would be an Airline rep but I doubt there would be any on this forum.
Kind Regards!
jaydotbe is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 06:32
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Winchester
Posts: 5,090
Originally Posted by jaydotbe View Post
I guess the ideal person to answer would be an Airline rep but I doubt there would be any on this forum.
Kind Regards!
You’d be suprised who does drop in. I’m not sure what you mean by an “Airline Rep” but the likes of the former main man for BA Pilot recruiting used to be a frequent visitor to PPRuNe and there are plenty of airline training pilots or recruiters around this place so fingers crossed you’ll get an answer. Good Luck.
wiggy is online now  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 08:06
  #3 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London / Buckinghamshire
Age: 20
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by wiggy View Post


You’d be suprised who does drop in. I’m not sure what you mean by an “Airline Rep”
I.e. someone who works in recruitment for one of the airlines/ any pilots who went to a flight school that the average Joe never would have considered and landed their job just as quickly as one of the big schools. I should have made myself clearer, apologies!
jaydotbe is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 17:45
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by jaydotbe View Post
So I know, or I think I know that most airlines don't care where you got your PPL, or did your hour building - that they do care about your ATPL results.
But do they care about where you did your CPLMEIR? Are first time passes more credible at certain schools compared to others? What about the MCCJOC? As long as it's an APS MCC, does it matter?

I guess the ideal person to answer would be an Airline rep but I doubt there would be any on this forum.
Kind Regards!
It's a great question and one I'd like to know the answer to also (especially from someone on a pilot recruitment team).

From what I understand, it's something that use to matter many years ago but now, as long as you've got a good average in your ATPL exams and first-time CPL/IR passes, then you should be in luck. At least for the likes of RYR and WZZ.

As far as the APS MCC is concerned, it's something more and more airlines are going to require in the future, as this gives you a good foundation for a TR.
brocken_spectre is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.