Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies)
Reload this Page >

Ifnot Bartolini Air in Poland then what... GoldWings Warsaw?

Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Ifnot Bartolini Air in Poland then what... GoldWings Warsaw?

Old 26th Nov 2018, 12:57
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dubai
Posts: 30
any update, any more suggestions?
SeGMaN is offline  
Old 26th Nov 2018, 18:16
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 438
I heard good things about Royal Star Aero in Mielec, near Rzeszow.
Banana Joe is online now  
Old 28th Nov 2018, 16:13
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: 2500ft
Age: 19
Posts: 75
Just visited Bartolini today and the next available slot for CPL is on 2020 Jul.The day before I visited PZL in Mielec near Royal Star aero and was impressed.They have a small fleet and don't offer theoretical training but they seem okay with maintaince and rates are also reasonable.
Tharaka737 is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2018, 23:16
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 438
Originally Posted by Tharaka737 View Post
Just visited Bartolini today and the next available slot for CPL is on 2020 Jul.The day before I visited PZL in Mielec near Royal Star aero and was impressed.They have a small fleet and don't offer theoretical training but they seem okay with maintaince and rates are also reasonable.
When I graduated the waiting list was around one year!
Banana Joe is online now  
Old 29th Nov 2018, 13:50
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: From UK
Posts: 57
Wow! 20 months is an incredible amount of time to wait.

The school has obviously made a name for itself.

Though it's pretty unrealistic for someone finishing their ATPLs now to wait that long.
RedDragonFlyer is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2018, 18:23
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dublin
Age: 30
Posts: 600
Originally Posted by Tharaka737 View Post
Just visited Bartolini today and the next available slot for CPL is on 2020 Jul.The day before I visited PZL in Mielec near Royal Star aero and was impressed.They have a small fleet and don't offer theoretical training but they seem okay with maintaince and rates are also reasonable.
I´m not surprised. If you Google ´´Ryanair First Officer Bartolini Linkedin``, you get ten´s of results of FO now working with Ryanair, which is not the case for other schools. I have seen some mention Global Aviation in Greece, at present they are 1k more expensive but that is going to change imminently I am sure, and I guess you don´t have to wait 20 months!
NorthernCounties is offline  
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 05:13
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: From UK
Posts: 57
Thakara737 - What were your thoughts on your Bartolini visit?

Bartolini are, of course, a modular school. Many people, myself included, worry that despite great investment they'll struggle to get a job with this path. The reasons for and validity of this have been covered ad nauseam on this site- but it is a real worry.

What sets Bartolini apart (and why they are so popular) is definitely their employment record. Looking at their Facebook page, they must have had more than twenty students go to Ryanair in 2018 alone. They've also had students go to Jet2, flybe, Air Malta, Adria (quite a few to there actually), Stobart Air, Air Moldova, TUI Belgium, Cityjet, a few private jet operators and more.


I had a look at Global. The real worry with them is that they have very few reviews online. Also, the CPL/IR/MEP is over 2k more.
RedDragonFlyer is offline  
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 20:17
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: 2500ft
Age: 19
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by RedDragonFlyer View Post
Thakara737 - What were your thoughts on your Bartolini visit?

Bartolini are, of course, a modular school. Many people, myself included, worry that despite great investment they'll struggle to get a job with this path. The reasons for and validity of this have been covered ad nauseam on this site- but it is a real worry.

What sets Bartolini apart (and why they are so popular) is definitely their employment record. Looking at their Facebook page, they must have had more than twenty students go to Ryanair in 2018 alone. They've also had students go to Jet2, flybe, Air Malta, Adria (quite a few to there actually), Stobart Air, Air Moldova, TUI Belgium, Cityjet, a few private jet operators and more.


I had a look at Global. The real worry with them is that they have very few reviews online. Also, the CPL/IR/MEP is over 2k more.
Bartolini is a well known school all over Europe and all over this forum.The guy who showed the school around told they have a policy where an aircraft reaches 3000hrs or 3 years,whichever first they sell the aircraft.When I was there already a twin and a 2002 was already sold and waiting for their new owner to pick them up.So no worries about the aircraft conditions.
They also will be starting MCC/JOC next year.He told me they have 4 sims. 1 A320 style one.1 B737.2 FNTPs for IR,one full motion.
The really annoying thing is the waiting list.Still the school has made a great name to have such a long waiting list.
Many former students have found out jobs in many airlines.I don't think this is due to the schools name or their connections with airlines.I think the school makes good pilots.Finding a job is up to us.The school might/might not have connections with airlines.Still we have to have the proper aptitude and attitude right?You won't end up in an airline just because you went to this school.
But I think having Bartolini Air as your CPL school on your CV might give you a pointer or two in an interview.

What are your thoughts?
Tharaka737 is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2018, 09:03
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: From UK
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Tharaka737 View Post
Many former students have found out jobs in many airlines.I don't think this is due to the schools name or their connections with airlines.I think the school makes good pilots.Finding a job is up to us.The school might/might not have connections with airlines.Still we have to have the proper aptitude and attitude right?You won't end up in an airline just because you went to this school.
But I think having Bartolini Air as your CPL school on your CV might give you a pointer or two in an interview.

What are your thoughts?
What you're saying is correct. It is, of course, up to each individual to actually get a job. But, based on their previous students' employment results, they are obviously doing something right preparing them for jobs.
RedDragonFlyer is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.