Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions
Reload this Page >

Conversion of foreign design feature endorsements onto Australian CPL

The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania.

Conversion of foreign design feature endorsements onto Australian CPL

Old 11th Jun 2019, 06:52
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hunterview
Posts: 1
Conversion of foreign design feature endorsements onto Australian CPL

I hold an Australian CPL and recently got back from the US with an FAA private certificate. I would like to convert the design feature endorsements I got in the US that are not on my Australian licence but have struggled to find a way to do this, if it is even possible.

An instructor friend of mine contacted a CASA inspector in regards to this and he said I could do it using Form 61-4A, I called CASA to ask about the form and they told me I could not use it to only convert foreign endorsements.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Benviv is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 05:16
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sydney
Age: 57
Posts: 349
Call 131757 and talk to Flight Crew Licencing.
roundsounds is online now  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 13:15
  #3 (permalink)  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,093
What are "...design feature endorsements ..." ?
bafanguy is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2019, 22:52
  #4 (permalink)  
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: north or south
Age: 46
Posts: 482
Only way to do what you require is to transfer a aircraft type across example ...twin piston with retractable undercarriage , you will need the training records and a casa form to be signed by the foreign training provider ....CASA will then give you the aircraft and applicable design feature endorsements
ersa is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2019, 03:57
  #5 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,754
Originally Posted by bafanguy View Post
What are "...design feature endorsements ..." ?
And therein is the problem, "only in Australia" == most other places don't have such animals, you just fly the bleeding aeroplane as designed and certified.
ERSA is on the right track, I believe.
Tootle pip!!

PS: CASA has all sorts of problems when (say in the US case) you have no "training records" because you have only command time on an aircraft that happens to be pressurized, or whatever.

Last edited by LeadSled; 13th Jun 2019 at 04:15. Reason: ps added
LeadSled is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.