The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania.

RA-AUS Flight Instructor Hours

Old 21st Jul 2018, 08:26
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 233
RA-AUS Flight Instructor Hours

Hey guys,

If your working as an instructor which has both a CASA G3 and RA-AUS Flight Instructor rating are these hours counted equally and can RA-AUS instructing hours be counted when apply for future airline jobs or ATPL hours etc. I am just asking as i'm planning on getting my instructor rating and a number of schools offer both ratings and a growing number of schools operate both VH and RA aircraft.

logansi is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2018, 09:06
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sydney
Age: 60
Posts: 432
That is a great question to ask a Flight instructor....
maybe time to dust off the reg’s and do some research as professional development.
roundsounds is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2018, 12:34
  #3 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 233
My understanding is that hours are logged like normal as the law is hours in command of an aircraft not specifically a GA aircraft - however only 750 hours counts towards ATPL?

Also how to future employers such as Qlink etc look at people who did atleast some of there PIC time as an RA-Aus instructor compared to someone who did it all in GA reg aircraft in warriors/172s?
logansi is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2018, 03:22
  #4 (permalink)  
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Sydney NSW Australia
Posts: 3,051
yes........... 10 characters
Ultralights is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2018, 02:27
  #5 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 148
So long as the RA Aus aircraft is three axis control it can be logged and counted towards CASA licence requirements (non-intergrated CPL etc)
Stretch06 is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2018, 23:42
  #6 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 76
This discussion was occurring on another thread but I cant remember which one. CASA require 100 hours in a registered aircraft (i.e. VH) towards the 200 hours of CPL. So, RA hours count for all total hours but you still need the 100 VH hours minimum to get the piece of paper.
Kranz is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.