PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Non Airline Transport Stuff (https://www.pprune.org/non-airline-transport-stuff-58/)
-   -   Breitling Aerospace woes (https://www.pprune.org/non-airline-transport-stuff/592529-breitling-aerospace-woes.html)

BDAttitude 23rd Aug 2019 12:19


Originally Posted by Parson (Post 10552292)
Omega seem to be going the same way since becoming part of Swatch - far too many sports models and limited editions. Which is a pity as they make some nice watches. For the price of a high end Breitling or Omega, you can get an entry level Rolex steel sports so that is no brainer for me. Albeit some models are currently difficult to get but if you can source one, it should retain its value and probably increase over time.

Not sure what you mean.
Beeing part of SSIH since 1930, Omega has been part of Swatch ever since SSIH and ASUAG formed Swatch in 1983.

Parson 23rd Aug 2019 12:55


Originally Posted by BDAttitude (Post 10552376)
Not sure what you mean.
Beeing part of SSIH since 1930, Omega has been part of Swatch ever since SSIH and ASUAG formed Swatch in 1983.

What I mean is that there seems to be endless models/new models/limited editions ie have a look how many 'Seamasters' there are. Not a problem as they are generally good watches but does dilute the brand a bit and, if you buy one new, won't retain much value.

BDAttitude 23rd Aug 2019 13:08


Originally Posted by Parson (Post 10552408)
What I mean is that there seems to be endless models/new models/limited editions ie have a look how many 'Seamasters' there are. Not a problem as they are generally good watches but does dilute the brand a bit and, if you buy one new, won't retain much value.

You are right with the constant stream of Limited Editions being annoying... however many of those LE are the only watches which are actually keeping or improving one their value (especially from the Speedmaster series). As with most luxury watches but certain Rolex sport models you should write off 35% of RRP immediately.

Parson 23rd Aug 2019 13:33

I don't think you will lose any money on a steel sports Rolex at the mo - they are all sought after. Even Milgauss and Air King are going for over retail on the used market. Things can change over time, of course. If you buy a precious metal Rolex, then yes you will take a 'hit' if you sell relatively quickly.

2unlimited 28th Aug 2019 00:22


Originally Posted by BDAttitude (Post 10552416)
You are right with the constant stream of Limited Editions being annoying... however many of those LE are the only watches which are actually keeping or improving one their value (especially from the Speedmaster series). As with most luxury watches but certain Rolex sport models you should write off 35% of RRP immediately.

Not sure which models that would be, as many have waiting list and are sold above RRP.
The ones who are not on waiting list, will reach current RRP within 3 - 5 years if not more, second hand.

Impress to inflate 2nd Sep 2019 12:58

Just buy and Rolex GMT Master, a great watch that will NOT loose its value over time

MacLaren1 5th Oct 2019 15:39

Have owned two Breitlings - the first (titanium, electronic) I bought for 300, and sold for 1000; the second (solid gold) was bought 12 years ago for 10k and probably worth a few bob more today.

Both have performed incredibly well with daily use, and zero servicing.

Just my own experience.



All times are GMT. The time now is 22:16.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.