PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Military Aviation (https://www.pprune.org/military-aviation-57/)
-   -   Red White and Blue Voyager (https://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/633300-red-white-blue-voyager.html)

MPN11 16th Jun 2020 14:11

Red White and Blue Voyager
 
https://apple.news/AxthGrtutTK68n1fsnSN2lw

I donít believe it!

steamchicken 16th Jun 2020 14:46

Priorities!

Herod 16th Jun 2020 14:56

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/B1gAA...BTJ/s-l300.jpg

Just a suggestion

MPN11 16th Jun 2020 15:56

Amidst the biggest crisis in my lifetime (exempt the latter bits of WW2) painting a Boris One jet should be waaaaay down the list of “Wouldn’t it be nice...” However, UK taxpayers will undoubtely be happy to know Boris likes the colour scheme.

BTW, the OH would disagree, Herod 😎 The roundel positioning is neater, for a start. But I digress from my [rant]

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....45ee29de2.jpeg

Video Mixdown 16th Jun 2020 16:08


Originally Posted by MPN11 (Post 10812477)
UK taxpayers will undoubtely be happy to know Boris likes the colour scheme.

What's the problem - do you think red or blue paint is more expensive than grey? It's got to have paint on it, and military aircraft often get custom paint schemes. Do you complain about those too?

Chris Kebab 16th Jun 2020 16:14


Originally Posted by Video Mixdown (Post 10812491)
What's the problem - do you think red or blue paint is more expensive than grey? It's got to have paint on it, and military aircraft often get custom paint schemes. Do you complain about those too?

Oh come on; it's just an ego trip.

MPN11 16th Jun 2020 16:15

Agreed, CK.

As for other ‘bling’ paint schemes, ditto. I thought the RAF had more important things to address.

bspatz 16th Jun 2020 17:28

Red White and Blue Voyager
 
Any thoughts on the likely colour scheme?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp

MPN11 16th Jun 2020 17:51

I’ve asked the Mods to move the earlier discussion on the Voyager thread to be moved here.

Out Of Trim 16th Jun 2020 18:12


Originally Posted by bspatz (Post 10812549)
Any thoughts on the likely colour scheme?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp

Thoughts!

No need to paint it. It's fine as it is. It may be required for its intended purpose as a Tanker in grey at some point! So it would be a waste of money to have to paint it for no reason. Pretentious c:mad:ts

Fareastdriver 16th Jun 2020 18:24

Can anybody point out another prime minister/president/ head of state that travels internationally in an aircraft painted in tactical wartme colours.

unclenelli 16th Jun 2020 18:30

So what happens when THAT Voyager goes U/S and the only alternative is an RAF Grey....????

N707ZS 16th Jun 2020 18:31

Even Tony Blair resisted having Blair force one.

N707ZS 16th Jun 2020 18:35

Paint it Gulf War pink, that would make it stand out, with some sort of nose artwork. Fat lass in a bikini.

air pig 16th Jun 2020 18:40


Originally Posted by unclenelli (Post 10812592)
So what happens when THAT Voyager goes U/S and the only alternative is an RAF Grey....????

Gordon Brown resisted Balir having Blair force one, probably because he wanted one too.

NorthernChappie 16th Jun 2020 18:49

A great idea and why not. A couple of 1m watt speakers in the belly blasting Land of Hope and Glory from 35,000 and the job's a good un.

Jhieminga 16th Jun 2020 19:15

Easy, needs to be painted like this:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....3fdc06131c.jpg
It won't look as good on a Voyager as it did on a '10, but it did the job for quite some time.

Cat Techie 16th Jun 2020 19:16

Boris Farce One. Great.


Cat Techie 16th Jun 2020 19:17


Originally Posted by Jhieminga (Post 10812621)
Easy, needs to be painted like this:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....3fdc06131c.jpg
It won't look as good on a Voyager as it did on a '10, but it did the job for quite some time.

I would gladly agree with that scheme.

MPN11 16th Jun 2020 19:21

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....45ee29de2.jpeg

Far more elegant


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.