PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Military Aviation (https://www.pprune.org/military-aviation-57/)
-   -   Jaguar T4 (https://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/236017-jaguar-t4.html)

JaguarT4 24th Jul 2006 13:29

Jaguar T4

I know this isn't the best place to put this but hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. I am heading a group of people who would like to see the Jaguars flying once again! We have the opportunity to purchase a 2 seat version the T4. We have most of the money availible to purchase, however, we are looking for the most important members of our team. Engineers and of course Pilots! If anyone has any hours on the above aircraft on either flying or fixing! please send me a message. We will be based somewhere in the south east. Also, anyone who would be interested to join our membership scheme please send me a message! Thank you for your time.

Monty77 24th Jul 2006 13:57

Can't help, but good luck in your venture. People like you are positive forces in aviation. To the top!:ok:

JaguarT4 24th Jul 2006 14:09

Thanks Monty.

I am pleased with the feedback we have recieved from the public, although we are at the very start of this venture, I am hopeful of its success. I hope to have a web site up and running within the next month or so and will post it on here once complete! It has been a terrible shame in the past that we have lost our aviation history, and The Vulcan To The Sky trust has been a fantastic venture to improve this situation. Although the Jaguar does not have the cult status the Vulcan has, it is however just as important.

Thank you for taking time to read this!

Regards,

Daniel.

Bob Viking 24th Jul 2006 14:10

Jags flying again?!

Ok what have you heard? I'm scared now!
BV:E

JaguarT4 24th Jul 2006 14:21

Originally Posted by Bob Viking
Ok what have you heard? I'm scared now!
BV:E

I know, I know! They will be out of service soon. I suppose I should say KEEP them flying!

OpsMunkie 24th Jul 2006 14:30

Was going to say! Just watched one take off a minute ago :)

Gainesy 24th Jul 2006 15:13

...is it airborne yet?:E

OCCWMF 24th Jul 2006 16:13

If you want Jag pilots - there's a sqn of them in Lincolnshire.

JaguarT4 24th Jul 2006 16:25

I am well aware of where there are serving Jag pilots, however I am unsure if the RAF would let them fly a Civvy Jag? If they can then superb, I will try and find some contact details. We are lucky to have 6 guys who are ex RAF techs, 4 airframe and 2 Avionics, however the more the better.

H Peacock 24th Jul 2006 17:32

Originally Posted by JaguarT4
I am well aware of where there are serving Jag pilots, however I am unsure if the RAF would let them fly a Civvy Jag?

I don't think the RAF has any say in the matter. Clearly the ac would need to be on the civilian register, and the pilot would need an appropriately endorsed licence (PPL!)

H Peacock :)

pulse1 24th Jul 2006 18:11

Presumably you have some feedback from the CAA that they would be happy for a Jaguar to fly on a Permit. I was told that they are unlikely to allow anything more complex than a Hunter. It also assumes that the current Design Authority is happy to continue once the military stop flying it. I know that this was a problem with the Sea Vixen which, I believe, was solved by FRA. Presumably BAe have agreed to maintain responsibilty for the Vulcan, should it ever fly again.

Anyway, best of luck. I have always liked the Jaguar and would be pleased to see it continue.

Spugford 24th Jul 2006 18:15

What makes you think that a Jag is any more 'complex' than a Hunter?!
Just another advanced trainer!

:E

Radar Muppet 24th Jul 2006 19:27

...except slower!

OpsMunkie 24th Jul 2006 19:36

Ahhh...its airborne.....Now.

pulse1 24th Jul 2006 19:50

What makes you think that a Jag is any more 'complex' than a Hunter?!
I really have no idea but wouldn't reheat make it more complex, at least in the eyes of the CAA?

JaguarT4 24th Jul 2006 20:43

After many emails to the CAA. They are happy to give a permit to any civillian owned Jaguar. The Jaguar is obviously an older ac and therefore is not super complex. Im sure we will have more problems to face but, so far everything looks good. We have a good bunch of guys and a couple of girls. Also a good sponsor! So with everything crossed she will be flying soon....ish!!

REF 24th Jul 2006 22:32

I'd llove to see one flyng in civvie hands, where will you be basing it? Love to see the website about it - that is when (like the Jaguar) it takes off!!

The Helpful Stacker 24th Jul 2006 22:38

Originally Posted by pulse1
Presumably you have some feedback from the CAA that they would be happy for a Jaguar to fly on a Permit. I was told that they are unlikely to allow anything more complex than a Hunter. It also assumes that the current Design Authority is happy to continue once the military stop flying it. I know that this was a problem with the Sea Vixen which, I believe, was solved by FRA. Presumably BAe have agreed to maintain responsibilty for the Vulcan, should it ever fly again.
Anyway, best of luck. I have always liked the Jaguar and would be pleased to see it continue.

How far back does design authority have to go? Do the a/c operated by the Old Flying Machine Company or the Shuttleworth Collection have to have DA cover?

Tim McLelland 24th Jul 2006 23:14

When you say that the CAA said that they'd be happy to certify a Jaguar, is that precisely what they said, or did they just mutter something about being willing to approve it in principle, subject to this or that, and actually mean that you ain't got a snowball's chance in hell? I mean, I wish you the very best of luck, but when the beloved CAA can't even bring themselves to certify a Shackleton, you have to wonder...

FJJP 24th Jul 2006 23:20

The wartime vintage ac are simple - they don't have complex engine and airframe electronics and systems, for example.

More modern ac, especially mil jets, do need DA support to ensure safe operation, system maintenance, etc.

However, provided the CAA are involved from the start, there's a good chance of gaining their cooperation in projects such as this.

Good luck! It would be good to see such ac kept flying...