PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Middle East (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east-44/)
-   -   Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged) (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged.html)

Lepo 10th May 2017 17:24


Originally Posted by edkphil (Post 9766839)
Hi guys,

I had a stomach surgery on feb 2016, and I didn't fly for 3 months because of the surgery, does that mean I cannot apply for the A320 captain position since in the listing it says "Hold a current LPC and has flown the A/C in the past 18 months prior to joining Qatar Airways"

Thanks

You intepreted it wrong.

"Hold a current LPC and has flown the A/C in the past 18 months prior to joining Qatar Airways" means that your last flight on the aircraft should've been no more than 18 months from present days. So if you're currently flying the A320 you can apply without problems.

edkphil 11th May 2017 08:48

Got it, thanks Lepo

777AV8R 11th May 2017 22:21

Medical Clearance
 

Originally Posted by Lepo (Post 9766851)
You intepreted it wrong.

"Hold a current LPC and has flown the A/C in the past 18 months prior to joining Qatar Airways" means that your last flight on the aircraft should've been no more than 18 months from present days. So if you're currently flying the A320 you can apply without problems.

You best make sure that you have a medical clearance certificate that addresses your surgery.

Guam360 12th May 2017 02:07

A few posts ago, a response to FO pay...how about CA?
Thanks everyone!

Che Xindamail 13th May 2017 17:59

CA around QAR 35,000 + 138/hour + housing.

Britcjd 15th May 2017 17:40

Hi, I'm currently going through the Ctc mpl for Qatar, does anybody know what salary for a SO is please and how long it takes to upgrade to FO? Cheers

Cevcev 16th May 2017 08:45

Under Review
 
Hey people.One Question. My application has been Under Review statues over a month. Has Anybody experienced that?

Black Pudding 16th May 2017 09:46

Britcjd

There is a thread in interviews forum. I think you'll get a better response there.

Good luck and give it your best shot.

Donovan 16th May 2017 12:11

Black pudding check PM thank you

Britcjd 16th May 2017 18:03


Originally Posted by Black Pudding (Post 9772601)
Britcjd

There is a thread in interviews forum. I think you'll get a better response there.

Good luck and give it your best shot.

Thank you black pudding

Winged Lion 20th May 2017 22:05

Any news about how much pilots they need for the rest of this year?

I feel like they are not in a hurry anymore to hire people, but then again would it affect assesment passing rate anyway? Since they have the whole pool system with the waiting going on and they can leave people on standby before joining the company.

Captainhere 23rd May 2017 12:05

True
 

Originally Posted by Lion with Wings (Post 9777248)
Any news about how much pilots they need for the rest of this year?

I feel like they are not in a hurry anymore to hire people, but then again would it affect assesment passing rate anyway? Since they have the whole pool system with the waiting going on and they can leave people on standby before joining the company.

Yes sir ,the best time to apply at the beginning of the year , not after june
Because what i heard 75% before June and 25% to end of the year
Right now they have few seat available for Boeing

trancada 23rd May 2017 21:23


Originally Posted by Captainhere (Post 9779800)
Yes sir ,the best time to apply at the beginning of the year , not after june
Because what i heard 75% before June and 25% to end of the year
Right now they have few seat available for Boeing

In my case i am rated on Airbus 320, more than 11000h as F/O . Flew 320, 330 and 340. But i would like to change for Boeing. You think that i can have chances for it?

trancada 23rd May 2017 21:25

When you're invited for the interview in Doha, doe the company pays ticket and hotel there. Eventualy you fly on Business class?
What has been the themes, in the group interview?
What are the manouvers in the simulator?

Lepo 23rd May 2017 21:54


Originally Posted by trancada (Post 9780354)
In my case i am rated on Airbus 320, more than 11000h as F/O . Flew 320, 330 and 340. But i would like to change for Boeing. You think that i can have chances for it?

They usually tend to keep you in the same fleet you're type rated, but it all depends on their needs at the moment of hiring. Honestly, nowadays chances they place Airbus guys on Boeing fleet and vice-versa are low, but it has happened before.


When you're invited for the interview in Doha, doe the company pays ticket and hotel there. Eventualy you fly on Business class?
What has been the themes, in the group interview?
What are the manouvers in the simulator?
Company pays for flight ticket and hotel. Meals are not included.
Ticket is a confirmed economy class with business upgrade depending on seat availability.

Detailed info about the screening can be found on previous pages in this topic and also on latestpilotjobs.com.

Mgggpilot 24th May 2017 10:17


Originally Posted by trancada (Post 9780354)
In my case i am rated on Airbus 320, more than 11000h as F/O . Flew 320, 330 and 340. But i would like to change for Boeing. You think that i can have chances for it?

11k hours as an FO, dude?! Are you serious? Sorry for my naivety. And you still want to move to another Boeing right seat?, where you will accumulate another 5k hours probably to move to the left?!:ooh::ugh:

warhammer 26th May 2017 18:10


Originally Posted by Mgggpilot (Post 9780932)
11k hours as an FO, dude?! Are you serious? Sorry for my naivety. And you still want to move to another Boeing right seat?, where you will accumulate another 5k hours probably to move to the left?!:ooh::ugh:


I felt the same. I think, you'd better keep your current type to be well-experienced or stay experienced, and wait to be upgradred to the commander position. Man, 11K hours you're talking about ! :uhoh:

LeGu 3rd Jun 2017 14:50

Headsets
 
Does anybody know if I can wear my own headsets (DC, Bose, etc) or is it only allow the headsets that Qatar provides you? Or installed in the flight deck.
Thanks

mateusz 3rd Jun 2017 16:06

Hi, what's the expected wait to hear from QR after applying? 1100 hr 737 NG FO.

WrldWide 3rd Jun 2017 16:21

Re: headsets
 
Only headsets installed may be used


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:33.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.