PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Middle East (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east-44/)
-   -   Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged) (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged.html)

terroroftheskies 5th Jan 2017 09:22


Originally Posted by privatepilotantalya (Post 9629589)
How long after finishing the psychometric test will they send the skype invitation and how much time they give you for doing the skype interview , do you have to choose from specific dates or what exactly

Im wondering too.

Soumneal 6th Jan 2017 17:03


Originally Posted by privatepilotantalya (Post 9629589)
How long after finishing the psychometric test will they send the skype invitation and how much time they give you for doing the skype interview , do you have to choose from specific dates or what exactly

I completed the psychometrics the next day i received them. Also, the day following my completion of the tests, which was on the 29th Dec, they sent me the Skype invitation. It was asking me to tell them a couple of my available times in the day of 2nd Jan.

Ps: I still haven't received an invitation to Doha.

TonT 7th Jan 2017 19:48

SO
 
Dose any one knows what to do if you fail the ATPL exam for QR

Lepo 8th Jan 2017 12:49


Originally Posted by TonT (Post 9633449)
Dose any one knows what to do if you fail the ATPL exam for QR

TonT, if you fail the ATPL exam you won't proceed on the assessment.

You'll have to wait 6 months to apply again for the role.

Always Moving 14th Jan 2017 10:55

Study material for the 50 Tech Questions
 
I have an FAA ATPL and the first time I went to the QAexec interview they give me a 50 question exam and I had no idea of half of the exam. I am going for the second time and I want to pass it.
Then I find out it was EASA ATPL questions and nothing to do with my plane.

Is there a book or program to study for this exam?

Thank you,

AM

Soumneal 14th Jan 2017 13:10

EASA ATPL Books
 

Originally Posted by Always Moving (Post 9640519)
I have an FAA ATPL and the first time I went to the QAexec interview they give me a 50 question exam and I had no idea of half of the exam. I am going for the second time and I want to pass it.
Then I find out it was EASA ATPL questions and nothing to do with my plane.

Is there a book or program to study for this exam?

Thank you,

AM

Sorry to hear that. Just Google'd some for you. If you're looking for whole sets (hard or soft/online copy), they look a bit pricey, around 1500:

Cats Aviation ATPL set

Pad Pilot was useful for our cadets in my ex-company

CAE Oxford looks a bit cheaper

You can also use less budget for limited-time membership for the question bank in this site (my ex-company was using this one for its cadets)

Alternatively, you can go for that famous www.latestpilotjobs.com . What this site basically do is compiling all the in formation and feedback about each airlines' screening processes and present them in an orderly way. For Qatar (both Airways and the exec, which are almost the same), they give out a 600-question database which you can practice on.

Personally, i was looking for a good set for myself, to keep in my ipad just as a source for reference. Thank you for being a reason for me to make a quick research 8)

TrevorPhillips 14th Jan 2017 13:55

Hi everyone, i'm sorry if i'm asking out of topic question.

Does anyone knows when Qatar Airways sponsorship programme will re-open in CTC ?
Or is there any other school provide sponsorship programme with Qatar except CTC ?

privatepilotantalya 19th Jan 2017 11:54

has anybody got an invitation from Qatar recently

attias 19th Jan 2017 14:58

Hi guys

Im Gulfstream G450/550 Type rated and I applied to Qatar Exec. by the end of Dec.
Does anyone have any Idea about how long after application the usually make the first contact?

Thanks

Rigid Body 20th Jan 2017 13:00


Originally Posted by attias (Post 9646487)
Hi guys

Im Gulfstream G450/550 Type rated and I applied to Qatar Exec. by the end of Dec.
Does anyone have any Idea about how long after application the usually make the first contact?

Thanks

I think it varies greatly; applied for the Airbus rated FO at QE around same time and got response just this week.

Could anyone highlight average days off a month currently at Qatar Executive?

Freestorm 20th Jan 2017 18:36


Originally Posted by terroroftheskies (Post 9630563)
Im wondering too.

Finished test on Friday afternoon. Received mail on Tuesday.

Mgggpilot 22nd Jan 2017 04:38

Hi guys. I request your thoughts on this.
I twice applied for A320 FO position at Qatar when I had not reached the minimum requirements. I got an email disqualifying me.
But now I have met the requirements needed. How do I delete my account and start application afresh? or rather can I start a fresh email and re apply?
Thank you for your input(s)

Black Pudding 22nd Jan 2017 11:46

New email and reapply

Mgggpilot 23rd Jan 2017 05:28


Originally Posted by Black Pudding (Post 9649561)
New email and reapply

Anyone has ever done this?

c560xl 26th Jan 2017 17:34

Gents Can any one please tell me if there are any consective days off every month max n min

lfbb 26th Jan 2017 17:54

Mgggpilot, yes a friend of mine did it and worked. Just create a new account with a different e-mail. Good luck!

c560xl, 4 days off in a row every month that are called "Golden Days Off". Conditions apply though, leave and training days may cause you not getting them... but on a regular month you should get it no problem, but not necessary on the requested dates. Maximum days off that you can bid for is 6 days, but unfortunately with the lack of pilots around here is impossible to get it, specially captains.

c560xl 27th Jan 2017 17:15

thanks lffb have a great day

Mgggpilot 28th Jan 2017 02:50

Thanks lffb and others. New account has worked and I am now invited starting with online thingy.

PayJay 30th Jan 2017 13:40

Atpl questions
 
Does anybody have the 50 questions about the ATPL exam?
I Have no clue what they ask,
Thanks..for pm ing me..

Stallone 31st Jan 2017 01:19


Originally Posted by lfbb (Post 9654718)
Mgggpilot, yes a friend of mine did it and worked. Just create a new account with a different e-mail. Good luck!

c560xl, 4 days off in a row every month that are called "Golden Days Off". Conditions apply though, leave and training days may cause you not getting them... but on a regular month you should get it no problem, but not necessary on the requested dates. Maximum days off that you can bid for is 6 days, but unfortunately with the lack of pilots around here is impossible to get it, specially captains.

are they really lacking this much? on which fleet?

can see that many 737 rated pilots are still in the waiting pool in this thread


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.