Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Alpha Aviation - Air Arabia cadet pilot programme

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Alpha Aviation - Air Arabia cadet pilot programme

Old 5th Aug 2022, 11:47
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Massive recruitment ramp up happening in EK at the moment. Air Arabia is a fantastic opportunity to get real world experience and excellent training. With FlyDubai pilots restricted joining EK at present, Air Arabia cadets have a real opportunity to join EK airbus fleet.
Fairey Seal is offline  
Old 25th Aug 2022, 23:32
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Earth
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fairey Seal
Massive recruitment ramp up happening in EK at the moment. Air Arabia is a fantastic opportunity to get real world experience and excellent training. With FlyDubai pilots restricted joining EK at present, Air Arabia cadets have a real opportunity to join EK airbus fleet.
Not really...

Alpha contract only gives you 1500hours, emirates requirement is 2000, lets say airarabia gives you a permanent contract 5050 chance, you'll be bonded with 150K AED.
APilotX is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2022, 06:19
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Jordan
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning to apply to T3

Hello guys how is the situation now in T3 Aviation Academy ( Alpha) is it worth to apply or it will take more than 4 years to finish line training ?
Basharbarbarawi is offline  
Old 1st Dec 2022, 06:11
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: UAE
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also a T3 Cadet here,
It will definitely take 4 years or more to finish line training. I have been delayed for 13 months and counting, and it looks like there will be even more serious delays. Some cadets are more than 18 months of delays. I was sold a course that will take 22 months, but it simply is not the case. It has always been more than that, and it always will take more than that. Even before covid, it was taking over 4 years. T3 wants to maximize profit at any cost, as it is their main goal before anything else. This means they always take more cadets than their system can handle, leading to delays. Cadets will always come second to profit. In T3 and Air Arabia, maximizing profit will always come first, and always be at the expense/detriment of pilots/cadets.

Waiting isn't even so bad, I could go and do something else in this time, but either there is no information, or the answer is "soon". Always the answer is "soon". So weeks turn to months, months turn to years of waiting every week for an email that never comes. Bank balances keep dropping, and not so much as any recognition or even a sorry from T3. It is just ignored that people's lives are being wasted away. Or they try and tell you that it is because they want the best for you, and this is why there are delays... Yes I know that doesn't make sense.

When I joined, I believed that for the price of the course, it was going to be incredible, but in reality, it's a very budget course that costs a lot of money. During training, we used old outdated maps that another cadet had copied for T3, and manuals are not purchased but photocopied instead, and hard to read. One instructor was so confusing that no one could understand him, which increased the workload too much, to go and teach yourself what nobody could understand in the class.

Yes, you will eventually fly a320. But if I could go back, I would do CPL, ATPL etc from Europe or USA. It would be cheaper, quicker, and you have an EASA or FAA license at the end. GCAA cannot be converted to EASA or FAA, you have to do all the ATPL exams again. But EASA can be directly converted to GCAA. Even though it is the same syllabus and exams.
And summer in UAE is so terrible. It is so hot for more than half the year that you cannot do anything.

And with MPL, you cannot fly a private or solo plane, and you cannot fly multi-crew piston. So if you want to find another job other than an airline first officer, it's not possible.
With CPL you get to enjoy building hours and having fun experiences in different types of planes. MPL does not give that.

Also, it is not mentioned when you inquire about joining that if you get an air arabia contract, you go onto probation (6 months more of low salary) after you already finished flying 1500hrs for them, and then you have a 150k AED bond if you leave within 5 years. Plus you have to pay for your own medical, insurance, travel, food, uniform, accommodation, etc during the course.
There are no cheap tickets for friends or family or other benefits.

All the other MPL courses in the world are around 100k USD. This one is 170k USD plus the expenses listed above.

If you take into consideration the bond if you leave air arabia in the first 5 years and expenses during training, this course will realistically cost a minimum of $275,000 USD (1 million dirhams).

I would of liked if someone had given me this information so I could of made a better decision when I joined.

If your parents live in UAE and are very wealthy, this is a great course. If not, then consider all options.

Good luck
Bosato is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 05:52
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: FL370
Age: 38
Posts: 218
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bosato
Also a T3 Cadet here,
It will definitely take 4 years or more to finish line training. I have been delayed for 13 months and counting, and it looks like there will be even more serious delays. Some cadets are more than 18 months of delays. I was sold a course that will take 22 months, but it simply is not the case. It has always been more than that, and it always will take more than that. Even before covid, it was taking over 4 years. T3 wants to maximize profit at any cost, as it is their main goal before anything else. This means they always take more cadets than their system can handle, leading to delays. Cadets will always come second to profit. In T3 and Air Arabia, maximizing profit will always come first, and always be at the expense/detriment of pilots/cadets.

Waiting isn't even so bad, I could go and do something else in this time, but either there is no information, or the answer is "soon". Always the answer is "soon". So weeks turn to months, months turn to years of waiting every week for an email that never comes. Bank balances keep dropping, and not so much as any recognition or even a sorry from T3. It is just ignored that people's lives are being wasted away. Or they try and tell you that it is because they want the best for you, and this is why there are delays... Yes I know that doesn't make sense.

When I joined, I believed that for the price of the course, it was going to be incredible, but in reality, it's a very budget course that costs a lot of money. During training, we used old outdated maps that another cadet had copied for T3, and manuals are not purchased but photocopied instead, and hard to read. One instructor was so confusing that no one could understand him, which increased the workload too much, to go and teach yourself what nobody could understand in the class.

Yes, you will eventually fly a320. But if I could go back, I would do CPL, ATPL etc from Europe or USA. It would be cheaper, quicker, and you have an EASA or FAA license at the end. GCAA cannot be converted to EASA or FAA, you have to do all the ATPL exams again. But EASA can be directly converted to GCAA. Even though it is the same syllabus and exams.
And summer in UAE is so terrible. It is so hot for more than half the year that you cannot do anything.

And with MPL, you cannot fly a private or solo plane, and you cannot fly multi-crew piston. So if you want to find another job other than an airline first officer, it's not possible.
With CPL you get to enjoy building hours and having fun experiences in different types of planes. MPL does not give that.

Also, it is not mentioned when you inquire about joining that if you get an air arabia contract, you go onto probation (6 months more of low salary) after you already finished flying 1500hrs for them, and then you have a 150k AED bond if you leave within 5 years. Plus you have to pay for your own medical, insurance, travel, food, uniform, accommodation, etc during the course.
There are no cheap tickets for friends or family or other benefits.

All the other MPL courses in the world are around 100k USD. This one is 170k USD plus the expenses listed above.

If you take into consideration the bond if you leave air arabia in the first 5 years and expenses during training, this course will realistically cost a minimum of $275,000 USD (1 million dirhams).

I would of liked if someone had given me this information so I could of made a better decision when I joined.

If your parents live in UAE and are very wealthy, this is a great course. If not, then consider all options.

Good luck
Their newest baby based in Pakistan is following a similar frequency. However, they are getting bashed real bad due to the local competition.
Ilyushin76 is offline  
Old 10th Dec 2022, 04:16
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Turkey
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T3 assessment

Hello guys, anyone who did their entry assessments recently lurking here? Decided to bite the bullet & apply. How was the panel interview & aptitude tests like? Any help would be appreciated...
9xenjoyer is offline  
Old 22nd Dec 2022, 08:17
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi ,
my friend is going to take assessment on jan 10, 2023; whens ur assessment scheduled?
om001 is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2023, 14:57
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: dubai
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you doing assessment for air arabia cadet pilot program?
ABCLUMS is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2023, 06:26
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: dubai
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your inbox is full. I would like to know if you are planning for T3 CPL program.
ABCLUMS is offline  
Old 7th Jan 2023, 14:49
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi abclums,

my friend has 1 scheduled though.
initially i was planning to; however, reveiws were not gud. like making cadets work as Cabin crew, inducting many cadets etc.
if i get 1st hand +ve info, i might change my stance though.

regards.
om001 is offline  
Old 8th Jan 2023, 17:14
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: kuwait
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T3 CPL program

Hello,

Any body have been through the assessment of T3 aviation academy for the CPL program
sor3a is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2023, 07:02
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Turkey
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by om001
hi ,
my friend is going to take assessment on jan 10, 2023; whens ur assessment scheduled?
Have not got a date yet as I am still to complete my application... I'm still looking for a gig that will pay me to work like the FlyDubai SO program. Is your friend going for the cadet or CPL program?

Originally Posted by ABCLUMS
Your inbox is full. I would like to know if you are planning for T3 CPL program.
Yes...

Originally Posted by sor3a
Hello,

Any body have been through the assessment of T3 aviation academy for the CPL program
Looks like nobody here has done it...
9xenjoyer is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2023, 09:43
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: dubai
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 9xenjoyer
Have not got a date yet as I am still to complete my application... I'm still looking for a gig that will pay me to work like the FlyDubai SO program. Is your friend going for the cadet or CPL program?



Yes...



Looks like nobody here has done it...
Anybody who has done the CPL assessment and share the feedback?
ABCLUMS is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2023, 09:44
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: dubai
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same if anyone has attended the assessment.
ABCLUMS is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2023, 09:45
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: dubai
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any feedback from your friend?
ABCLUMS is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2023, 19:39
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ABCLUMS
Anybody who has done the CPL assessment and share the feedback?
i have done the assessment and got accepted but now I'm going to do the 14 GCAA ATPL exam's
about the assessment first stage you’re going to need a reference lice the site (adapt personal questions) as there will be multiple choice questions in the assessment in different subjects like :aviation knowledge,conflicts,fast,personal questions,math and physics memory check and multi skills..
in the second stage of the assessment it will be an interview like any airline pilot job interview you’ll be asked personal and technical questions and you will have to to a verbally project in one of your choices of subject they will give you the options
c_ma7223 is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2023, 19:41
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kroy
Leander320

I am an Alpha guy as well, I have the same views as you, I tried to PM you not able to. Is there another way I can contact you.
have you done the GCAA ATPL A EXAMS
c_ma7223 is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2023, 19:42
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aviatation mentor
I am an arabia cadet. Tell the truth, it would take around 8years to complete from the beginning which is from the ATPL GS till 1500hrs completion. even before covid, it tooks more than 5years. since covid they keep hiring new cadets. the cadets who joined this program in 2018 still waiting for joining airline training. it's been 4years since they joined this program. and they are expecting to join airline to start to build up 1500hrs end of this year. so it's been around 4~5years to join the airline. also for 1500hrs, it usually takes 2years. so even people joined in 2018 they would have spent 6~7years to become first officer who get normal salary as we expect if we get contract. since covid, they accepted more people to join their program. they will make you finish within 3~4years but it doesn't mean that you're going to airline right after you complete the mpl course. after you finish your mpl, we think it takes around 1year delay to join airline because a lot of cadets in between line training and sim traninig phase.
Did you take the GCAA ATPL A exams if yes can you tell me if there’s a question bank please
thank u
c_ma7223 is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2023, 19:47
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P_pilotaviation
Shwan94

As far as I know , one can give four attempts for a paper in uae gcaa...Also, some people say that AAG gives a question bank and almost all the questions in gcaa exams are from those question banks...although if anyone seconds this , it would be better and clear the picture..

Leander320

The contract was stopped due to Covid and no cadet was fired...Also it used to happen earlier that they keep on asking additional money for different costs...as earlier cost was 4 lakh 40 aed and it didn't include cost of gcaa exams and various other things so students had to pay separately for all those...but now they mention total combined cost is 6 lakh ead so no additional costs etc they ask in between
can you give me the name of this question bank please
c_ma7223 is offline  
Old 5th Mar 2023, 07:43
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: dubai
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c_ma7223
i have done the assessment and got accepted but now I'm going to do the 14 GCAA ATPL exam's
about the assessment first stage you’re going to need a reference lice the site (adapt personal questions) as there will be multiple choice questions in the assessment in different subjects like :aviation knowledge,conflicts,fast,personal questions,math and physics memory check and multi skills..
in the second stage of the assessment it will be an interview like any airline pilot job interview you’ll be asked personal and technical questions and you will have to to a verbally project in one of your choices of subject they will give you the options
Can you please check your inbox?
ABCLUMS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.