Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2

Old 1st Apr 2022, 11:31
  #261 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 104
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone is currently employed by QR, could they drop me a PM. I’m trying to find some bits of info about the company, accommodation etc.

many thanks again
Byrne11 is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2022, 13:11
  #262 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In transit
Age: 46
Posts: 96
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPRSET,

The competency based interview is either done online or in Doha, but every candidate has to do it.
The questions are scenario based « tell a time when… » type

Originally Posted by EPR SET View Post
jonjon thanks!

how was the webex interview? is it typical competency based and personal typo, such as “tell me why QR”? or “tell me a time when…”?
seems like some people are invited and do not go through this step online/Doha anymore.
jonjon is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 08:23
  #263 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hiding around
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks jonjon,
sorry but just out of curiosity, you heading there as Capt or FO and are you Airbus or Boeing?

Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
EPRSET,

The competency based interview is either done online or in Doha, but every candidate has to do it.
The questions are scenario based « tell a time when… » type
EPR SET is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 13:55
  #264 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere else
Age: 34
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still got a Invited for PSA interview check email and still nothing came in. Tried contacting them but no luck since now. I will just have to wait i guess. Have another offer but I guess QR would be a better solution....
mischo1990 is offline  
Old 4th Apr 2022, 18:04
  #265 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mischo1990 View Post
I still got a Invited for PSA interview check email and still nothing came in. Tried contacting them but no luck since now. I will just have to wait i guess. Have another offer but I guess QR would be a better solution....
same here!!! I did the PSA 7 days ago still nothing. Just willing to know if they’re just calling 77/78 rated instead of the Boeing rated. Cause I’ve friend that are going to doha and all of them are 77/78 rated! Does anyone here is going to doha as Boeing Fo rated?
Gogoaway is offline  
Old 4th Apr 2022, 21:47
  #266 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Doha
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They'll get to you mischo I think they're just a bit overwhelmed at present plus it's Ramadan
Camel herder is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2022, 06:31
  #267 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mischo1990 View Post
I still got a Invited for PSA interview check email and still nothing came in. Tried contacting them but no luck since now. I will just have to wait i guess. Have another offer but I guess QR would be a better solution....
Hi. Sent you a PM. Please check.

----------------------------------------------------

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls. Providing your email will be far more effective for now.
CMD_ENGD is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2022, 16:24
  #268 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going for the interview in May. Competency Based Interview wasn’t mentioned for me either
CMD_ENGD is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2022, 20:08
  #269 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CMD_ENGD View Post
Going for the interview in May. Competency Based Interview wasn’t mentioned for me either
good luck!!! Are you Boeing type rated or 77/78?
Gogoaway is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2022, 21:22
  #270 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gogoaway View Post
good luck!!! Are you Boeing type rated or 77/78?
Thanks mate! I’m Boeing type rated
CMD_ENGD is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 08:17
  #271 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Clear the rwy...im comin in!!!!
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi
Would appreciate if someone could highlight the latest interview procedures , as they had cancelled my Webex interview. Instead I am to do the process in Doha. I gather, from the previous posts, some of the steps in the process have been eliminated?
Will be of great help if someone, who has recently completed the process, could share the relevant info ( eg, sources , tips , etc)

cheers
proflyer9 is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 12:00
  #272 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Home
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to Doha in May! What is the best way to prepare the technical exam?

Last edited by 737Maximalist; 6th Apr 2022 at 13:15.
737Maximalist is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 12:47
  #273 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As guys said - Atpl.tv , and i have question - when did you aplly ?
Tarakan is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 12:58
  #274 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hiding around
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by proflyer9 View Post
Hi
Would appreciate if someone could highlight the latest interview procedures , as they had cancelled my Webex interview. Instead I am to do the process in Doha. I gather, from the previous posts, some of the steps in the process have been eliminated?
Will be of great help if someone, who has recently completed the process, could share the relevant info ( eg, sources , tips , etc)

cheers
Hello proflyer9,
is that webex/HR interview postponed to Doha then or is it cancelled?

EPR SET is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 15:44
  #275 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Home
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tarakan View Post
As guys said - Atpl.tv , and i have question - when did you aplly ?
February. Around the 20th I think.
737Maximalist is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2022, 03:11
  #276 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Clear the rwy...im comin in!!!!
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Webex got cancelled for me.
Not sure if there is a HR interview or Tech interview , or a combination of both in Doha?
proflyer9 is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2022, 08:48
  #277 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hiding around
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by proflyer9 View Post
Webex got cancelled for me.
Not sure if there is a HR interview or Tech interview , or a combination of both in Doha?
Hi!
and what does your schedule show for the interview dates on their e-mail? From
what I understand it could be showing simply “Interview” or it could be showing both “interview” (which I suspect it is the Technical) and “behavioural and competency based interview (if applicable)”. The “if applicable” suggests that if not done online, the TMAAT will be done in all cases in Doha? Anyone?

Last edited by EPR SET; 7th Apr 2022 at 12:00.
EPR SET is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2022, 13:57
  #278 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Clear the rwy...im comin in!!!!
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EPR SET View Post
Hi!
and what does your schedule show for the interview dates on their e-mail? From
what I understand it could be showing simply “Interview” or it could be showing both “interview” (which I suspect it is the Technical) and “behavioural and competency based interview (if applicable)”. The “if applicable” suggests that if not done online, the TMAAT will be done in all cases in Doha? Anyone?
Hi . Thanks EPR
They have not mentioned any schedule. Only the dates. Have asked them for the schedule but no response.
proflyer9 is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2022, 20:24
  #279 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere else
Age: 34
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Camel herder View Post
They'll get to you mischo I think they're just a bit overwhelmed at present plus it's Ramadan
You were right. Got an email from them to come in may for the assesment. Looking forward.
mischo1990 is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2022, 16:39
  #280 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 286
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, are there any "good" airlines out there? I don't know much about QR, but what are the options, let's say in Europe? GetJet? Lot? Bulgarian Airways? Wizzair? Ryanair? Do you think you will get better conditions/salary/package in those companies?
Again, I don't know much about QR, I'm not defending them. But baggers can't be choosers and tbh I don't think QR is much worse than the rest, most likely they are much better than most.
cefey is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.