Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates Company Accommodation

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Emirates Company Accommodation

Old 21st Feb 2019, 16:26
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 1
Emirates Company Accommodation

Hello,

I'm joining Emirates soon as a First Officer and was wondering if anyone had a list of company apartments, building blocks etc. and if anyone has any advice as to which is best.

Cheers
AliKassem 7 is offline  
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 03:18
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dusty West
Age: 49
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by AliKassem 7 View Post
Hello,

I'm joining Emirates soon as a First Officer and was wondering if anyone had a list of company apartments, building blocks etc. and if anyone has any advice as to which is best.

Cheers

There are no bad places in Dubai because crime does not occur in Dubai. It is a safe city day or night so just pick any location which suits you...Satwa has a great night life and some great Swarma places too.

PS. Ask to sign the 10 year bond, you'll save 10% off of your coffee at Costa. (But keep it to yourself, its a secret!)
The Outlaw is offline  
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 04:51
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: A cut above
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by The Outlaw View Post
There are no bad places in Dubai because crime does not occur in Dubai. It is a safe city day or night so just pick any location which suits you...Satwa has a great night life and some great Swarma places too.

PS. Ask to sign the 10 year bond, you'll save 10% off of your coffee at Costa. (But keep it to yourself, its a secret!)
What a helpful reply, well done.
whatsyourbeef is offline  
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 11:14
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Travelling East
Posts: 253
First Officers either stay on Sheik Zayed Road, near the canal, or in Tecom (also called Al Barsha Heights). The apartments are fairly large, and the locations are convenient for most things here, everything is within about a 20 minute radius of the buildings.
It's no use making a recommendation, each building has it's unique attractiveness, and your preference has no influence on your allocation.
skyvan is offline  
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 12:33
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 56
Simple;

1- Pu5y on tap = Millennium Tower

2- Crawling distance from Rockbottom and Lockstock = Tecom

3- Where you go to get Divorced = Mayden
TBL Warrior is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 02:01
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 19
company accommodation

don't forget about manazel al barsha!... where you can literally reach out and touch the cranes in the building site opposite! you have a choice of building noise or a mosque!
sandsthrudahrglass is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 17:04
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MC80 Home One type Star Cruiser
Posts: 148
Advise about the best accommodation is pretty useless. You’ll get whatever is available. There’s no choice. You might even be forced to move after a few years.
Bus Driver Man is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 20:47
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dusty West
Age: 49
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by whatsyourbeef View Post
What a helpful reply, well done.
The answer was as relevant as the question. You get what you get and they generally don't allow you to move to other company accommodation once in. This should have been clear by the hundreds of posts in other threads.

To summarize, the location may be fine today and crap tomorrow, quiet today and noisy tomorrow. You may even end up having a motorway go by your balcony in time. In Dubai, nothing remains constant....except the monthly hours.
The Outlaw is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 21:11
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: nowhere
Posts: 67
Removing the housing allowance was the biggest mistake EK could ever make. Being forced to live in company housing is a big deal breaker, if you get a bad one you will absolutely hate your life in Dubai. But not just you, think about your wife who has to sit there all day! And no, they will not let you move, especially for mosque noise. You can buy something, but the down payment is large (30+%) and then you need to make a long term commitment to Dubai and EK, which is even worse than living in a bad company flat.
directimped is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 21:12
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Mini KSA
Posts: 95
... It's hard for people coming to the sandpit to understand that when you're signing the contract, you're just selling your workforce to a meaningless contractsaying : the contract is open, we can and we WILL change it according our will and discretion (lately only for MUCH WORSE)
Python27 is offline  
Old 24th Feb 2019, 12:43
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 55
Answer:
You don't get a choice.
Your preference means nothing.
You get what you get.
You can't change it.
Enjoy.
NowThatsFunny is offline  
Old 25th Feb 2019, 04:06
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Surrounded by aluminum, and the great outdoors
Posts: 3,789
for mosque noise

I brought that issue up in another country not too far away, and it got back to me later, the person I mentioned this to wanted to get me arrested for insulting Islam...
ironbutt57 is offline  
Old 25th Feb 2019, 07:08
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: UAE
Posts: 952
Originally Posted by NowThatsFunny View Post
Answer:
You don't get a choice.
Your preference means nothing.
You get what you get.
You can't change it.
Enjoy.
Sounds like the bidding system!
BigGeordie is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 07:08
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Burj Sandpit
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by TBL Warrior View Post
Simple;

1- Pu5y on tap = Millennium Tower

2- Crawling distance from Rockbottom and Lockstock = Tecom

3- Where you go to get Divorced = Mayden
Too accurate! Hahahaha!
Cantbebothered is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 08:41
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL075
Posts: 57
Three accommodation options are currently being offered to FO's from what I understand. Namely Tecom, Manazel al Barsha and Millennium. For me Manazel wasn't great because I didn't like the location, building or noise from the busy road and Mosque. My first pick was Tecom (and I got it) and second pick was Millennium. Tecom is in a nice area (for me) and I have friends staying in the building. I also liked the idea of a big apartment, high ceilings and a balcony (most have two). Millenniums location is also great but no balcony and the apartments in my opinion are quite small. Saying what I've said above I know two FO's who recently joined who got given three bedroom apartments and I know another two that got offered a villa right from the get go. You unfortunately don't have a choice but definitely send them an email with your preference. Good luck with everything and welcome to the company.
FACT Pilot is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 13:37
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Far, Far Away
Posts: 182
I sent 5 “preferences” to housing before I arrived. Much like the bidding preferences, it did nothing, as I got a location I did not even know existed. Was decent, and a 12 minute walk to the beach. Took the allowance 9 months later and bought a place.
pilotguy1222 is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2019, 02:15
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: A cut above
Posts: 19
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FACT Pilot View Post
Three accommodation options are currently being offered to FO's from what I understand. Namely Tecom, Manazel al Barsha and Millennium. For me Manazel wasn't great because I didn't like the location, building or noise from the busy road and Mosque. My first pick was Tecom (and I got it) and second pick was Millennium. Tecom is in a nice area (for me) and I have friends staying in the building. I also liked the idea of a big apartment, high ceilings and a balcony (most have two). Millenniums location is also great but no balcony and the apartments in my opinion are quite small. Saying what I've said above I know two FO's who recently joined who got given three bedroom apartments and I know another two that got offered a villa right from the get go. You unfortunately don't have a choice but definitely send them an email with your preference. Good luck with everything and welcome to the company.
Thanks for the timely, accurate and relevant response.
whatsyourbeef is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.