Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

EK Resignation Tips

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

EK Resignation Tips

Old 4th Aug 2017, 20:35
  #681 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: nowhere
Posts: 468
Hello gents.

Did some of you close any personal loan with money from the provident fund before leaving?
flareflyer is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2017, 06:19
  #682 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: China
Posts: 29
[QUOTE=Nat Track;9697144]I've heard that the Dubai Police 'Good Conduct Certificate' can be done in one day now. Has anyone done it at the Bur Dubai or Al Basha Police Stations rather than the Al Twar (Sharjah Road) one? Alternatively, has anyone had success with the 'on-line' method?

Yes, just did a certificate. Go to Dubai police website, pick the "frequently requested services" and find the no criminal record/good conduct certificate, pay the 200 AED in country. Then go to the police station with UAE ID and no need for fingerprints; that part of the application online you can skip, or at least, I did, since fingerprints done with UAE ID.

Now, a problem was that the police website NCR application kept throwing an error when used with the company tablet; just switch to a different computer, try a desktop somewhere, and it should work. The Dubaipolice.ae form online does work, just not with the company computer.

The police at the Al-Rashidyia Police Station, Al Rashidiya - Dubai were not very busy, very friendly and took about 2 minutes to see my UAE id and then say that the certificate was emailed. Got 3 certificates from them now, always went well.
waltair is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2017, 07:53
  #683 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 1998
Location: Hiding in the bushes.
Posts: 181
Anyone had experience or perhaps third hand knowledge of leaving to go to a Chinese carrier and being denied the required letters or documents by EK management.
BLOGGSON is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2017, 19:30
  #684 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In the back of a bus
Posts: 950
EOSB

When HR tell you that your last salary will go into your account as normal bc you still have a salary clearance letter, they're only half wrong.

It'll go in, but the bank will hold it pending a clearance from their own collections people. So another thing to add to the list of things to do in your last few days... (ENBD)

Good luck to you all on your way out, it's a great feeling to smell the freedom 😂
givemewings is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2017, 12:12
  #685 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: usa
Posts: 1,005
Originally Posted by BLOGGSON View Post
Anyone had experience or perhaps third hand knowledge of leaving to go to a Chinese carrier and being denied the required letters or documents by EK management.
Send Wizofoz a pvt message
fliion is offline  
Old 2nd Oct 2017, 17:01
  #686 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sand-Land
Posts: 66
Pickfords: avoid at all costs

Weíre happy happy happy to be out of the sandpit, and Iím pleased to report that Iíve discovered a department in EK who know what theyíre doing, respond to emails/phone calls and are completely pro-active! You too will discover them upon resignation...
On a far less positive note, I would caution anyone against using allied Pickfords as a removals company. They have been an absolute disaster from start to finish and despite our container arriving in our home country 3 weeks ago, itís still not been delivered to us and there is no confirmed date for delivery. The entire mess stems from the Dubai office who have been indescribably, laughably neglectful. Save yourself the biggest stress of your life and go with anyone else
Straight & Level is offline  
Old 2nd Oct 2017, 20:48
  #687 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: China
Posts: 29
misunderstanding

Originally Posted by BLOGGSON View Post
Anyone had experience or perhaps third hand knowledge of leaving to go to a Chinese carrier and being denied the required letters or documents by EK management.
No, this seems to be more on the Chinese side, not malicious, just a paper chase. The Chinese company and CAAC gets the verification paperwork, which in all fairness, the UAE GCAA & company provides, but then the Chinese want a verification of the verification-they write back and ask whoever gave the verification to write another letter to verify that the first one was real. Naturally whoever gave the first one is less than motivated to go through this again-nothing in it for them-so a lot of times, it either gets missed or takes a long time.

...guess the end result is more or less the same, but still, it does not seem to be deliberate or malicious.
waltair is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 09:24
  #688 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: dubai
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by Straight & Level View Post
Weíre happy happy happy to be out of the sandpit, and Iím pleased to report that Iíve discovered a department in EK who know what theyíre doing, respond to emails/phone calls and are completely pro-active! You too will discover them upon resignation...
On a far less positive note, I would caution anyone against using allied Pickfords as a removals company. They have been an absolute disaster from start to finish and despite our container arriving in our home country 3 weeks ago, itís still not been delivered to us and there is no confirmed date for delivery. The entire mess stems from the Dubai office who have been indescribably, laughably neglectful. Save yourself the biggest stress of your life and go with anyone else
STraight, What country did you go to? Im using them and just read your note..
dusty777 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 21:24
  #689 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 110
Movers

We used Santa Fe to Atlanta and can highly recommend them. Quote was spot on, delivery was spot on. Not one scratch on anything and the guys moving us in at this end were professional and also did a great job. They work directly with EK so nothing to do re. paperwork.
Buford is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2017, 13:15
  #690 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sand-Land
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by dusty777 View Post
STraight, What country did you go to? Im using them and just read your note..
UK. The issues all stem from the Dubai office: the pre-move visit was excellent and we were really confident going with them, but from the moment we were handed over to the 'Move Manager' things went downhill rapidly. No communication, incorrect and missing paperwork, wrong country entered on paperwork, no insurance certificate and then an incorrect insurance certificate, no paperwork issued to Pickfords in the UK...We copied the GM in on all of the emails and still nothing happened/everything went wrong, and we never once heard from the GM. The move manager even 'accidentally' closed our file on their computer system! The UK side haven't been great either, and things have become ridiculous now and we still have no shipment...
Straight & Level is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2017, 15:14
  #691 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 2,894
I recommend Conroy Removals..excellent service from start to finish. Excellent service in Dubai...they said packing would take two days..the container departed Silicon at 5pm on day two...they gave us the arrival date in Perth...rang at 10.00 only that day to say container was in customs and they could deliver in 4 days. Made a time for delivery, arrived on the minute, all stuff was unloaded and unpacked into allocated space ( over a day and a half) packing boxes and paper removed. Not a scratch on a thing. All bills through EK, NEVER paid a cent, all contact at both ends 100 percent professional.
SOPS is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 06:47
  #692 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 9
Hi gents.
I have to initiate my leaving process. Checked HRdirect which says submit resignation to line manager, don't know that guy ..
To which department did you guys send your letter?
If you have the info and can pm it to me, would be much appreciated, thanks.
frenchypilot is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 07:18
  #693 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Behind you
Age: 72
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by frenchypilot View Post
Hi gents.
I have to initiate my leaving process. Checked HRdirect which says submit resignation to line manager, don't know that guy ..
To which department did you guys send your letter?
If you have the info and can pm it to me, would be much appreciated, thanks.
Well, guess who's your line Manager?

Chief Pilot.

MS
my salami is online now  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 07:54
  #694 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by my salami View Post
Well, guess who's your line Manager?

Chief Pilot.

MS
Fair enough.

But looks like some of the colleagues sent it to HR department, which I think is the quickest way to start the process. And also I need my resignation to be approved asap.
frenchypilot is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 08:20
  #695 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Knoteatingham
Posts: 829
Originally Posted by frenchypilot View Post
Fair enough.

But looks like some of the colleagues sent it to HR department, which I think is the quickest way to start the process. And also I need my resignation to be approved asap.
You don't/shouldn't need your resignation to be approved. It is your contractual right to submit notice.
BANANASBANANAS is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 08:35
  #696 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Behind you
Age: 72
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by frenchypilot View Post
Fair enough.

But looks like some of the colleagues sent it to HR department, which I think is the quickest way to start the process. And also I need my resignation to be approved asap.
Your 3 months notice starts from the date of your email.

No approval needed.

Hope it helps.

MS
my salami is online now  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 08:39
  #697 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by BANANASBANANAS View Post
You don't/shouldn't need your resignation to be approved. It is your contractual right to submit notice.
I think I know it is my right to resign ... seriously.

I am just looking for the HR department contact details to send my submission.

I am not sure those kinds of posts are of any help ...
frenchypilot is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 08:40
  #698 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 158
Originally Posted by BANANASBANANAS View Post
contractual right
His what? 😜
Odins Raven is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 08:52
  #699 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by frenchypilot View Post
I think I know it is my right to resign ... seriously.

I am just looking for the HR department contact details to send my submission.

I am not sure those kinds of posts are of any help ...
Sorry bananas. Been maybe too spontaneous ..

They are still the ones who decide of you final date at work, I was meaning it that way about the approval ..
frenchypilot is offline  
Old 13th Oct 2017, 09:47
  #700 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Knoteatingham
Posts: 829
Originally Posted by frenchypilot View Post
Sorry bananas. Been maybe too spontaneous ..

They are still the ones who decide of you final date at work, I was meaning it that way about the approval ..
No problem frenchy,

But, You give 3 months notice and you leave in 3 months. If any leave is outstanding it can be the basis of negotiation. I know people who have resigned quite recently who have stated what their last day of employment will be in their resignation letter - having very carefully triple checked first. I'm not sure that I would recommend that approach but they were correct and left on the stated day.

Good luck with your leaving process.
BANANASBANANAS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.