Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged

Old 25th Feb 2023, 15:06
  #4761 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smarino75
Hi guys

Anyone in pool TR DEC have got a date to starting?

Iím here since august 22.

Any update?

Cherrs!
Sent you a PM
A320251N is offline  
Old 25th Feb 2023, 15:19
  #4762 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Spain
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smarino75
Hi guys

Anyone in pool TR DEC have got a date to starting?

I’m here since august 22.

Any update?

Cherrs!
Same situation here. Waiting since August

Any information would help.

Cheers.

Last edited by mandalorio; 25th Feb 2023 at 18:52.
mandalorio is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2023, 02:30
  #4763 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: United States
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320251N
Sent you a PM
I am also curious about this. Would you mind providing a public answer?
featherededge is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2023, 09:40
  #4764 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Manchester
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by featherededge
I am also curious about this. Would you mind providing a public answer?
Last information that I have they are focus on F/Os to upgrade and hiring more F/Os.

Smarino75 is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2023, 09:57
  #4765 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: NYC
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello folks.
Anyone who has done the MS Teams interview between 20-25 FEB has received any positive or negative feedback? can tell me via DM.​​
FMCspeed is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2023, 22:19
  #4766 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: cairo
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FMCspeed
Hello folks.
Anyone who has done the MS Teams interview between 20-25 FEB has received any positive or negative feedback? can tell me via DM.​​

Can you please give me heads up on the ms teams interview thank you
Egyptianpilot is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2023, 18:21
  #4767 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if our assessments will expire after 12 months?

Last edited by A320251N; 28th Feb 2023 at 18:36.
A320251N is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2023, 18:32
  #4768 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Manchester
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320251N
Does anyone knows if our assessments will expire after 12 months?

HR told me that is valid to 12 months from the assessment date however FZ will re-evaluate this requirement if delays in training dates are long.
Smarino75 is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2023, 18:38
  #4769 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Smarino75
HR told me that is valid to 12 months from the assessment date however FZ will re-evaluate this requirement if delays in training dates are long.
Thank you, my friend...
A320251N is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2023, 09:52
  #4770 (permalink)  
F2L
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: .
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mandalorio
Same situation here. Waiting since August

Any information would help.

Cheers.
DECs are not in the plans for the time being, Focus on in house upgrades. Eventually they might call the DECs in the holding pool little by little. New assessments for DECs not in the plans. But everything changes really fast.
F2L is offline  
Old 3rd Mar 2023, 16:24
  #4771 (permalink)  
JBY
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Recife
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flydubai

Hi all, I am 2 days short of the 3 week feedback from flydubai after completing the interview with Hirevue.
Is this normal? Is it a bad sign? What should I expect from now on?
NTR-FO.
JBY is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2023, 09:06
  #4772 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: cairo
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ms teams interview

Any heads up for the ms interview please
Egyptianpilot is offline  
Old 12th Mar 2023, 03:59
  #4773 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NTR-FO January assessment

Hi all

I did my assessment in Dubai early Jan 2023.

Doc assessed my BMI to be high(32), I completed a CVD risk assessment after which the doc was happy and recommended me to FlyDubai. I was then asked by HR to first complete a full GCAA Class 1 medical, which I did and sent off to them. I was told that I would receive my feedback soon. Still waiting.

I can'tsee how they would make you go through all of that and then say no...... maybe I am wrong.

Anyone else with the same experience?

What was your outcome?

Anyone with insights into this?
Askari1981 is offline  
Old 12th Mar 2023, 12:45
  #4774 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Behind 1480mm RHA equivalent
Posts: 680
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Askari1981
Hi all

I did my assessment in Dubai early Jan 2023.

Doc assessed my BMI to be high(32), I completed a CVD risk assessment after which the doc was happy and recommended me to FlyDubai. I was then asked by HR to first complete a full GCAA Class 1 medical, which I did and sent off to them. I was told that I would receive my feedback soon. Still waiting.

I can'tsee how they would make you go through all of that and then say no...... maybe I am wrong.

Anyone else with the same experience?

What was your outcome?

Anyone with insights into this?
I don't want to be negative, just a reality check: They can absolutely make you go through all of that, and then say no.

That's not to say they won't still say yes, hopefully that is the case. But I personally know several people who applied, had a few hoops to jump through, and were ultimately rejected after some time. My impression of FZ hiring process is that your 'file' passes from desk to desk and must get approval from everywhere before it passes upwards at the end, where you can still ultimately be rejected for any reason.

tl:dr - it isn't a yes until it's a yes. The amount of time taken is irrelevant. Dis maar hoe dinge gaan daar bo.

My sincerest good luck and hopes for your success.
Shrike200 is offline  
Old 13th Mar 2023, 04:33
  #4775 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shrike200
I don't want to be negative, just a reality check: They can absolutely make you go through all of that, and then say no. That's not to say they won't still say yes, hopefully that is the case. But I personally know several people who applied, had a few hoops to jump through, and were ultimately rejected after some time. My impression of FZ hiring process is that your 'file' passes from desk to desk and must get approval from everywhere before it passes upwards at the end, where you can still ultimately be rejected for any reason. tl:dr - it isn't a yes until it's a yes. The amount of time taken is irrelevant. Dis maar hoe dinge gaan daar bo. My sincerest good luck and hopes for your success.
​​​​​​​Ja nee, ek kom agter dis n ander menataliteit! I will keep positive on this front and hope for the best but I am under no illusions that it is only really a yes once you arrive at the office on your start date, aviation promises right🤷‍♂️​​​​​​​
Askari1981 is offline  
Old 17th Mar 2023, 10:39
  #4776 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Woob woob
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

just wondering whether Flydubai have any restrictions on time away from aircraft for NTR guys. If so, how long? And is it a hard restriction or has it got to do with some restrictions set by the UAE govt.
FIGJAMX is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2023, 18:12
  #4777 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Mumbai Radio
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FIGJAMX
Hi guys,

just wondering whether Flydubai have any restrictions on time away from aircraft for NTR guys. If so, how long? And is it a hard restriction or has it got to do with some restrictions set by the UAE govt.
That's a non-sense requirement, like all the other ones around. Having 15.000h does not mean anything. The fact that you have been away for 2 years, also does not mean anything. I've heard that they are not hiring if your last landing was more than 2 years ago from the joining date, however.
Latestormer is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2023, 15:43
  #4778 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Joburg
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FZ Holding pool

Hello
Does anybody know whats going on with the NTR holding pool. I was notified December 2022 that I am successful but havent heard anything again and I dont get replies on my mails. Thanks
Solo101 is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2023, 20:00
  #4779 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt or FO?
A320251N is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2023, 09:42
  #4780 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Joburg
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320251N
Capt or FO?
  • FO NTR thanks
Solo101 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.