Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Old 23rd Mar 2019, 12:08
  #9821 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 4
Apparently the Skype/Phone interview is being replaced by the online video interviewing service called Sonru.
They ask you you a question (shown on the screen) and you have a min or so to prepare an answer, timer starts running and you can record your answer.

Has someone done this one recently?
What questions can we expect?

My deadline for Sonru is in 36 hours, so if someone can give me some hints, I would highly appreciate it!

Kind regards!
Greyhame is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 19:00
  #9822 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 6
Been in the holding pool for 2 years. Got my start date for this summer on the 787. Can anyone PM me a typical roster, please :-)
username taken is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 19:58
  #9823 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mediterranean
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by Broda View Post


Thanks for the insights,

Any information if the 787-9 will have crew rests and make ULR flights?

Nothing decided and communicated yet. Only loose rumours floating around.
Originally Posted by Broda View Post
How do 777 and 787 rosters compare? Still not sure if I should apply with just 1000+ hrs or should wait till I have more to have better chances for the big Boeing where I could fly long range.
Goes in cycles, right now for the 787 FOs the rosters are great.
For the 777 FOs it is very hard work at the moment if you have the IRP and Cargo training done, they're working on it but it's taking time. Good money though if you don't do much deadheading on paxflights.
It was the other way around not long ago so it's hard to tell what to expect however it's still a good gig for many.
APU_inop is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 19:59
  #9824 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mediterranean
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by username taken View Post
Been in the holding pool for 2 years. Got my start date for this summer on the 787. Can anyone PM me a typical roster, please :-)
There are no typical rosters, the flying is mixed and you can shape the rosters somewhat depending on how you bid. Life is pretty good on the 787 at the moment for both FO/CPT. Enjoy!
APU_inop is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 21:37
  #9825 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 6
Thanks APU_inop, much appreciated. Without trying to sound too stupid, when you say shape the roster, could you elaborate? I understand preferential bidding etc, having used it in a previous airline, but it was heavily manipulated.
username taken is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 21:54
  #9826 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by APU_inop View Post
Nothing decided and communicated yet. Only loose rumours floating around.

Goes in cycles, right now for the 787 FOs the rosters are great.
For the 777 FOs it is very hard work at the moment if you have the IRP and Cargo training done, they're working on it but it's taking time. Good money though if you don't do much deadheading on paxflights.
It was the other way around not long ago so it's hard to tell what to expect however it's still a good gig for many.
great infos thanks!
Broda is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2019, 10:33
  #9827 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Split
Posts: 38
Anyone knows average waiting time in pool for Airbus fleet? And is it going to improve by incoming 320neo,350 fleet? Thank you!
jadrolinija is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2019, 12:26
  #9828 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mediterranean
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by username taken View Post
Thanks APU_inop, much appreciated. Without trying to sound too stupid, when you say shape the roster, could you elaborate? I understand preferential bidding etc, having used it in a previous airline, but it was heavily manipulated.
By shaping I mean if you prefer a block of days off (typically up to 6) or if you want one block of 4 and scatter the remaining off days. Preferences for far east, africa, europe etc.
At times when there are plenty of pilots in your fleet satisfaction rate is high on the bids conversely lower when there are less pilots.
APU_inop is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2019, 15:06
  #9829 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 6
Thanks, that helps.
username taken is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2019, 12:09
  #9830 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Europe
Posts: 5
Question

Hi, How long have you been waiting for next contact from QR after your sim assessment in Doha?
GearUpa is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2019, 14:06
  #9831 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Milan
Posts: 24
After sim at Doha

Usually 2 weeks and can be up to 3
regards


Originally Posted by GearUpa View Post
Hi, How long have you been waiting for next contact from QR after your sim assessment in Doha?
Alfredol is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2019, 21:10
  #9832 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: europe
Age: 30
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by Broda View Post
How do the 777 and 787 rosters compare? It looks like the 787 does a bunch of short flights as well.
My stats for this fiscal year are approximately 1050 block hours on 777, factored (FO). Duty Time over 1600.
Great lifestyle, I can only recommend it to everyone because the city is also so nice and your family will love it. If you are single you will love our fantastic cabin crew as well. They might not say hello to you because you are most likely someone who earns too much for doing nothing, while at the same time just trying to sleep with them on layovers and they know from the company that it's better not to hang out with you (I told you already that the company is smart).
Before I forget, the culture and the positive developments in every aspect of how they run the airline really inspired me.

I really think that I will miss the DOH LAX flight without day off or the cargo runs with min rest every second flight because we have an effective fatigue management system which is entirely embedded in the usual just culture.
Please come and take my place when im gone after my notice is done, the seat will still be warm and I haven't farted a lot recently.
level_change is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2019, 14:35
  #9833 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mountain View
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by level_change View Post
My stats for this fiscal year are approximately 1050 block hours on 777, factored (FO). Duty Time over 1600.
Great lifestyle, I can only recommend it to everyone because the city is also so nice and your family will love it. If you are single you will love our fantastic cabin crew as well. They might not say hello to you because you are most likely someone who earns too much for doing nothing, while at the same time just trying to sleep with them on layovers and they know from the company that it's better not to hang out with you (I told you already that the company is smart).
Before I forget, the culture and the positive developments in every aspect of how they run the airline really inspired me.

I really think that I will miss the DOH LAX flight without day off or the cargo runs with min rest every second flight because we have an effective fatigue management system which is entirely embedded in the usual just culture.
Please come and take my place when im gone after my notice is done, the seat will still be warm and I haven't farted a lot recently.
He speaks the truth. For the less adept at sarcasm spotting. including the farting declaration.
WrldWide is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2019, 15:40
  #9834 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: between supple thighs
Posts: 236
Devil

Originally Posted by level_change View Post
My stats for this fiscal year are approximately 1050 block hours on 777, factored (FO). Duty Time over 1600.
Great lifestyle, I can only recommend it to everyone because the city is also so nice and your family will love it. If you are single you will love our fantastic cabin crew as well. They might not say hello to you because you are most likely someone who earns too much for doing nothing, while at the same time just trying to sleep with them on layovers and they know from the company that it's better not to hang out with you (I told you already that the company is smart).
Before I forget, the culture and the positive developments in every aspect of how they run the airline really inspired me.

I really think that I will miss the DOH LAX flight without day off or the cargo runs with min rest every second flight because we have an effective fatigue management system which is entirely embedded in the usual just culture.
Please come and take my place when im gone after my notice is done, the seat will still be warm and I haven't farted a lot recently.

Plenty of operators begging for your talent. Feel free to vote with your feet. That'll teach them.
sleeve of wizard is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2019, 15:53
  #9835 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mountain View
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by sleeve of wizard View Post
Plenty of operators begging for your talent. Feel free to vote with your feet. That'll teach them.

WrldWide is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2019, 15:59
  #9836 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mountain View
Posts: 109
[QUOTE=WrldWide; Earlier today the air quality was labeled "Hazardous",Bring your family. enjoy.
WrldWide is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2019, 19:37
  #9837 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 5
The y have closed the A320/330 First officer applications now? Enough people swimming I suppose?
Vref1.3 is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2019, 19:57
  #9838 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portugal
Posts: 20
For the people going to the LGW and/or STN BOEING assessment day, any information about how many days will it be? the SIM is going to be there or we will have to fly to Doha for it?
ECHUQ is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 10:38
  #9839 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Doha, Qatar
Age: 50
Posts: 425
Originally Posted by ECHUQ View Post
For the people going to the LGW and/or STN BOEING assessment day, any information about how many days will it be? the SIM is going to be there or we will have to fly to Doha for it?
I believe more of a presentation and meeting....think they are now doing some of the basic interview processes at the roadshow to help and narrow down the list.......but those selected will still come to Doha for the remaining parts of the assessment
casablanca is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 11:34
  #9840 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portugal
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by casablanca View Post
I believe more of a presentation and meeting....think they are now doing some of the basic interview processes at the roadshow to help and narrow down the list.......but those selected will still come to Doha for the remaining parts of the assessment
do you think emirates can find out if I go to the day in stn? If they find it out, u think they would rule me out because of that?
ECHUQ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.