Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

US Politics Hamsterwheel V3.0

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

US Politics Hamsterwheel V3.0

Old 16th Sep 2020, 06:26
  #2861 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 913
Originally Posted by meadowrun View Post
The Scientific American, after 165 years of non-political involvement has denounced a presidential candidate as unfit to lead the country.
If youíre wondering why that happened....:

dr dre is online now  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 13:53
  #2862 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ashton in makerfield
Posts: 62
Yup, he is right.
For once !
Its called winter
Happens every year !
gsky is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 14:00
  #2863 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,350
Originally Posted by gsky View Post
Yup, he is right.
For once !
Its called winter
Happens every year !
Yes, maybe, but maybe he was talking about Argentina at the time.

got to cut the man some slack before he hangs himself
lomapaseo is online now  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 15:39
  #2864 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ashton in makerfield
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by lomapaseo View Post
Yes, maybe, but maybe he was talking about Argentina at the time.

got to cut the man some slack before he hangs himself
"Argentina" ??

You are joking . right ?

It was a conversation/questions about the fires in the USA/ global warming !!

Every time he opens his mouth something stupid comes out.
gsky is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 15:53
  #2865 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Darkest Lincs
Posts: 479
Originally Posted by gsky View Post
"Argentina" ??

You are joking . right ?

It was a conversation/questions about the fires in the USA/ global warming !!

Every time he opens his mouth something stupid comes out.
I think lomapaseo was being sardonic!
wowzz is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 16:38
  #2866 (permalink)  
Below the Glidepath - not correcting
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,685
Washington D.C. 16 October 2020: Today the President of the United States sent out a manipulated Tweet, in which the ring tone on the phone of of Democratic challenger Joe Biden, has been replaced with a gangster rap song entitled "Fu(k the Police". Earlier the President had sent out a Tweet centered on a conspiracy theory that Joe Biden was a Pedophile. World leaders were united in their praise for "...an inspirational example of collaboration and unity during these difficult times for America...".

In unrelated news, the USA death toll for COVID-19 reached 200,000 and the West Coast is still on fire. Scientists further reported there is still no cure for Trump Derangement Syndrome, it appears he is still quite deranged.
Two's in is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 16:58
  #2867 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ashton in makerfield
Posts: 62
lomapsepo:

My apologies.
Misunderstood
I am losing my sense of humour when it comes to DJT!
gsky is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 19:38
  #2868 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,350
Originally Posted by gsky View Post
lomapsepo:

My apologies.
Misunderstood
I am losing my sense of humour when it comes to DJT!
no apologies necessary, as it wasn't a personal insult that you didn't get the humor. at the expense of Trump, and not his supporters or detractors
lomapaseo is online now  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 21:20
  #2869 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Middle America
Age: 80
Posts: 1,158
Originally Posted by lomapaseo View Post
Yes, maybe, but maybe he was talking about Argentina at the time.
got to cut the man some slack before he hangs himself
I agree with you, sort of. He was thinking about Argentina, not necessarily talking about it. Argentina is where the German fascists took refugee after WWII, a safe haven. Things for Trump are not looking up politically, and he is searching for a safe haven in the future when he loses in November 2020... I am not cutting him any slack if he wants to take the shortcut to the great beyond where warming is assured...


Turbine D is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 21:34
  #2870 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,647
Originally Posted by Turbine D View Post
I agree with you, sort of. He was thinking about Argentina, not necessarily talking about it. Argentina is where the German fascists took refugee after WWII, a safe haven. Things for Trump are not looking up politically, and he is searching for a safe haven in the future when he loses in November 2020... I am not cutting him any slack if he wants to take the shortcut to the great beyond where warming is assured...
Were you this confident in 2016 as well?

Nothing wrong with saying you donít know.
West Coast is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 23:33
  #2871 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Great South East, tired and retired
Posts: 2,965
When Forrest Trump loses this election, he will be the world's absolute worst loser. His tweets will continue to be childish bursts of temper and name-calling, and the validity of the election will be his biggest complaint. Toys will be scattered all over his nursery, and he would pull out his hair if he had enough to spare.
Ascend Charlie is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2020, 23:43
  #2872 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vendee
Posts: 138
Serious question(s) here.

Do you all think that a winner will be accurately called on the night of 3 Nov?

Do you think that it will all run its course peacefully or will violence be marring the proceedings?

Last, if the election is very close on either side, do you think the losing candidate will concede and assist in an orderly swearing in next January?
Uncle Fred is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2020, 00:57
  #2873 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,350
Originally Posted by Uncle Fred View Post
Serious question(s) here.

Do you all think that a winner will be accurately called on the night of 3 Nov?

Do you think that it will all run its course peacefully or will violence be marring the proceedings?

Last, if the election is very close on either side, do you think the losing candidate will concede and assist in an orderly swearing in next January?
Great questions !!

Do you all think that a winner will be accurately called on the night of 3 Nov?. No freaking chance

Do you think that it will all run its course peacefully or will violence be marring the proceedings? It will of course be protested by the parties. The only violence will be from the regulars who feel they own the streets

Last, if the election is very close on either side, do you think the losing candidate will concede and assist in an orderly swearing in next January?[/QUOTE] Depends on the meaning of assist, Biden may pull an Eisehower and not visit the White House which will be on heavy armed guards to protect against the rioting in the streets.
lomapaseo is online now  
Old 17th Sep 2020, 02:40
  #2874 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,647
Originally Posted by Uncle Fred View Post
Serious question(s) here.

Do you all think that a winner will be accurately called on the night of 3 Nov?

Do you think that it will all run its course peacefully or will violence be marring the proceedings?

Last, if the election is very close on either side, do you think the losing candidate will concede and assist in an orderly swearing in next January?
Thereís going to be an awful lot of mail in ballots thatíll need counting, thatís going to take some time. For that reason Iím of the belief we wonít know on election night.
West Coast is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2020, 02:50
  #2875 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kelowna Wine Country
Posts: 435
Just for balance:
In 2016 Trump was asked if he would concede if he lost and Hilary insisted that he would not.

Now tell who it is who has spent the last four years telling everyone she did not lose the election?
ChrisVJ is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2020, 04:41
  #2876 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Great South East, tired and retired
Posts: 2,965
Donny again tells everybody that he is the only person who understands Covid, all the chief advisors have made mistakes about when the vaccine will be ready and whether masks are effective. Only Donny knows.

How can anybody think that this fool should be president.

Last edited by Ascend Charlie; 17th Sep 2020 at 11:28.
Ascend Charlie is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2020, 14:34
  #2877 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,350
Originally Posted by Ascend Charlie View Post
Donny again tells everybody that he is the only person who understands Covid, all the chief advisors have made mistakes about when the vaccine will be ready and whether masks are effective. Only Donny knows.

How can anybody think that this fool should be president.
Words of the ignorant are one thing ,but what action did he take that interfered with our states response to Covid?
lomapaseo is online now  
Old 17th Sep 2020, 14:43
  #2878 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 87
Originally Posted by Uncle Fred View Post
Serious question(s) here.

Do you all think that a winner will be accurately called on the night of 3 Nov?

Do you think that it will all run its course peacefully or will violence be marring the proceedings?

Last, if the election is very close on either side, do you think the losing candidate will concede and assist in an orderly swearing in next January?

No--there will be mail-in/absentee ballots to count, plus the lawyers will have a field day with any states with close/questionable results. Of course, Trump will want to declare himself the winner before midnight Eastern time.
I think there will be some scattered protests, possibly some random violence/looting, but nothing worse that what we've already seen this summer.
If he's on the losing side when the dust finally settles/time runs out, Trump will not go quietly, ranting and raving all the way up to the inauguration. I'm going to predict he won't even attend the inauguration if it's Biden being sworn in.

Disclaimer: I never dreamed Trump would be elected in 2016, so take with a large grain of salt.
Tango and Cash is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2020, 15:25
  #2879 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Richard Burtonville, South Wales.
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by ChrisVJ View Post

Now tell who it is who has spent the last four years telling everyone she did not lose the election?
I seem to recall that she conceded, which seems to imply she knew she did?

CG
charliegolf is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2020, 15:41
  #2880 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 403
If you take the damn New York liberals out of the 9/11 death toll, the ones who wouldn't vote for me, then not many real people died.

wtsmg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.