Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

Borris next PM?

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

Borris next PM?

Old 22nd Jul 2019, 17:19
  #1081 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 1,894
Total rubbish to say John Taylor wasnít supported ď because he was blackĒ. Indeed some local members felt he got too much support over candidates from within Cheltenham. In striking contrast to Labourís present-day nastiness, the one instance where a member used racist language against him, resulted in his immediate expulsion from the party. Granted the Lib Demís won -but thatís down to the electorate not the Tory Party

Last edited by ShotOne; 22nd Jul 2019 at 17:57.
ShotOne is online now  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 17:22
  #1082 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 5
If grey beard gets the chance. With today's events a Scottish lady could be taking his place at the dispatch box if there was to be a General Election soon? (Grey beard would be diminished to be leading the 'London Party'.)
NoelEvans is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 17:24
  #1083 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 5
ShotOne, stop trying to spoil someone's distortions with facts!!!
NoelEvans is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 17:47
  #1084 (permalink)  
Thought police antagonist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Posts: 920
Originally Posted by dook View Post
It isn't paranoia, it's just common sense.

The grey beard will rob everybody - wait and see.
Oh it is and it's an often repeated mantra...or affliction ...take your pick as to why Labour will suddenly strip the assets of tax payers in the UK.

But, as I say, much favoured by a certain demographic. Personally, I'm sure you will understand why I, and several million others now directly affected by their obscene and draconian policies, will be more than delighted to see the back of this Gov't.

Hopefully, Boris will be pivotal to their demise......

Krystal n chips is online now  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 17:51
  #1085 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 3,683
Good luck Comrade.
dook is online now  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 19:48
  #1086 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Wales
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by ORAC View Post
KnC, when I said it was worth reading, it is. No glowing recommendations and no hagiography.

Read it, I think youíll appreciate it.
Like KnC, I've read the article Orac. I agree with your view that it is well worth reading. Thank you for posting it. It may be long, but it is very well written and highly readable.

I'm not a fan of Boris. Ultimately, I fear that, when push comes to shove, he will put ambition before principle. As you will realise, the article does nothing to allay those concerns. However, if he becomes the new PM, as seems likely, I'm going to try to keep an open mind. I think it is important to keep a balanced perspective. The modern trend seems to be for many to categorise politicians as black or white, when they are all, of course, shades of grey. Even Trump, who it is easy to loathe, has done some good things for the US in my own opinion. Boris will inevitably be the same - he will do some good things as well as give us all cause for concern.

Anyway, well worth a read for others here, as you say.
Paultheparaglider is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 20:32
  #1087 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,879
Originally Posted by ShotOne View Post
Total rubbish to say John Taylor wasnít supported ď because he was blackĒ. Indeed some local members felt he got too much support over candidates from within Cheltenham. In striking contrast to Labourís present-day nastiness, the one instance where a member used racist language against him, resulted in his immediate expulsion from the party. Granted the Lib Demís won -but thatís down to the electorate not the Tory Party
Taylor was abused because he was Black and from within Tory party in Cheltenham. It was a Safe Tory seat and had been for decades but just someone was black meant Tory voters walked away.

Lib Dem vote went up by 5.0% when nationally they declined by 4.4%, Tories went down by 5.4% when nationally they declined by 0.3%.

A 8% tory lead changed to a Lib Dem 2.5% one when no real change in numbers of voters.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ection2001.uk1
racedo is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 20:48
  #1088 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 9,974
Taylor was abused because he was Black and from within Tory party in Cheltenham. It was a Safe Tory seat and had been for decades but just someone was black meant Tory voters walked away.
The Conservative party selected and campaigned for him - but the general electorate rejected him.

But you blame the Conservative party?
ORAC is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 20:52
  #1089 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: heathrow
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by racedo View Post
It was a Safe Tory seat and had been for decades but just someone was black meant Tory voters walked away.
Surely that implies that some of the voters are racist and not that the Tory party themselves are racist.
747 jock is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 20:55
  #1090 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 525
Originally Posted by racedo View Post
Taylor was abused because he was Black and from within Tory party in Cheltenham. It was a Safe Tory seat and had been for decades but just someone was black meant Tory voters walked away.

Lib Dem vote went up by 5.0% when nationally they declined by 4.4%, Tories went down by 5.4% when nationally they declined by 0.3%.

A 8% tory lead changed to a Lib Dem 2.5% one when no real change in numbers of voters.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ection2001.uk1
I may be misinterpreting things here but the way you have written the above I rather see Cheltenham voters as the racists rather than the local Tory party.
Harley Quinn is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 21:01
  #1091 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 1,894
That the Tory party selected and supported Mr Taylorís candidacy (thatís Lord Taylor to you now) is entirely praiseworthy. Unfortunately the electorate didnít go along but thatís hardly the partyís fault.
ShotOne is online now  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 00:30
  #1092 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,879
Originally Posted by ShotOne View Post
That the Tory party selected and supported Mr Taylorís candidacy (thatís Lord Taylor to you now) is entirely praiseworthy. Unfortunately the electorate didnít go along but thatís hardly the partyís fault.
Local Tory party hated him because he was not one of them, they claimed they wanted someone local but reality was it was someone "White". 25 years on from Enoch they really hadn't moved very much, some of their MP's not at all.
racedo is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 00:53
  #1093 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: heathrow
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by racedo View Post
Local Tory party hated him because he was not one of them, they claimed they wanted someone local but reality was it was someone "White". 25 years on from Enoch they really hadn't moved very much, some of their MP's not at all.
So when questioned about your claim that the Tory party were biased against John Taylor because the voters didn't back him, you didn't comment, yet you are now claiming that the Tory party hated him because he wasn't "one of them".

How about posting something verifiable and factual to back up your claims otherwise your post is purely an opinion with nothing to show that it is anything other than a skewed personal view.
747 jock is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 02:51
  #1094 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South East England
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by racedo View Post
Local Tory party hated him because he was not one of them, they claimed they wanted someone local but reality was it was someone "White". 25 years on from Enoch they really hadn't moved very much, some of their MP's not at all.

Eclectic is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 06:44
  #1095 (permalink)  
Thought police antagonist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Posts: 920
Remember "The Boys from the Blackstuff " ?......as it was screened by the BBC many on here probably declined to watch it...and the immortal line " gis a job ".....enter a reprise then, plus some unashamed blatant posterior orifice licking, allied to some tried and tested Tory duplicity, courtesy of one Mr Hancock.

It's no surprise Boris isn't in favour of the "sin tax " because the nations health is unlikely to concern him once his ambition is fulfilled today. Personally, I'm all in favour of these so called "sin taxs " and would include fast ( junk ) food on the list.

There was another bloke whose surname was Hancock......he was a very good comedian. This one has no comedic attraction and it's even more disturbing to think he isn't alone when it comes to grovelling in the expectation of being rewarded accordingly by our new ( hopefully short term contract ) PM....

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...besity-johnson
Krystal n chips is online now  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:09
  #1096 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Age: 53
Posts: 811
So Boris it is. Now the countdown starts. At what point will his supporters realise he isnít the Messiah, heís just a very naughty boy?
Curious Pax is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:10
  #1097 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: England
Posts: 29
Oh no!! Don't panic, don't panic....
Grayfly is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:20
  #1098 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UAE
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post
Time for everybody to stop ! BJ will become PM
Brexit will occur on 31st Oct ... after that who knows?
Certainly none of the armchair politicians on this forum

Phase one complete !

Standby for phase two !
Jack D is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:30
  #1099 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post
Phase one complete !

Standby for phase two !
You have a tidy plan there Jack

but the UK has Bo Jo for PM - a man known for changing his mind while riding more than one horse at a time

Stanley Johnson - Sky News - sort out the ' small problem of BREXIT'

Last edited by Islandlad; 23rd Jul 2019 at 11:50.
Islandlad is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:49
  #1100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: No longer in Jurassic Park eating Toblerone....
Posts: 2,652
£ went up against the US $ by $0.05 and up against the Euro 0.025 on BoJo's arrival....

How long will it last? Who knows!
LowNSlow is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.