Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

Why do most vegans appear to be female?

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

Why do most vegans appear to be female?

Old 1st Feb 2018, 11:03
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,525
Strange how you jump to the idea that Halal slaughterhouses might be targeted whilst forgetting to mention Kosher food which is also killed in a way that the activists would find repugnant?

I am happy to tolerate Vegans so long as they tolerate the fact I enjoy eating meat. If they cannot do that then they lose credibility.
surely not is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 11:21
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: UK
Age: 44
Posts: 588
Originally Posted by surely not View Post
Strange how you jump to the idea that Halal slaughterhouses might be targeted whilst forgetting to mention Kosher food which is also killed in a way that the activists would find repugnant?

I am happy to tolerate Vegans so long as they tolerate the fact I enjoy eating meat. If they cannot do that then they lose credibility.
I knew someone who was absolutely outraged and disgusted by the thought of halal meat and the "barbaric treatment" of the animals.

She was a meat eater and supported hunting.
eal401 is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 11:30
  #23 (permalink)  
Está servira para distraerle.
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: In a perambulator.
Posts: 1
To answer the original question correctly, one would have to cast aspersions upon the intelligence of the female species. As we are approaching springtime in the northern hemisphere and all the little lambs and calvies are getting ready to make an appearance, this would be a disillusioning sort of thing to do. So perhaps one should just leave the things as simple as they are and graze on a Trumpomac instead.
cavortingcheetah is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 11:35
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: La Rochelle.
Age: 44
Posts: 478
you don't have to ask.... A vegan will always tell you they are
Imagine meeting a vegan pilot...
clareprop is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 12:23
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 67
Posts: 533
Worked with one "in-your-face Vegan" once - male. Nice enough guy but was all too eager to point out the errors of our carnivorous ways. Liked to tell tales of the kilos of rotting meat inside our guts (not his).
Liked to spend most of his spare time in the gym, etc and was physically well built / muscular in appearance.
He had high hopes of getting a job in the fire brigade which requires passing a fairly strenuous physical fitness tests to confirm the candidate can display a high level of fitness as well as muscular strength and endurance.
The entrance testing is conducted annually and you only get two or three goes at it.
This gent finally gave up when despite being able to pass the strength requisites he was simply unable to display the required endurance.
Strong as an ox, but kept running out of puff.

I can't say for sure that it was because of his diet, but I certainly think it was.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 12:38
  #26 (permalink)  
Cunning Artificer
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The spiritual home of DeHavilland
Age: 72
Posts: 3,110
...point out the errors of our carnivorous ways
Personally, I am neither carniverous nor vegetarian. As implied earlier, we humans do not possess teeth typical of purely carniverous mammals, nor do we have the teeth of purely vegetarian animals. We have something in between - omniverous teeth for an omniverous animal. I am as nature and evolution intended, an omniverous hunter gatherer.
Blacksheep is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 12:53
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hanging off the end of a thread
Posts: 16,682
I am as nature and evolution intended, an omniverous hunter gatherer.
At Tesco's
NutLoose is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 13:05
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 67
Posts: 533
....... point out the errors of our carnivorous ways.
His words, not mine.
And I'm just fine with the rotting meat too.

I am well aware that canine teeth serve many functions in nature, and many of those are not in any way related to meat eating.

Me, I'm a happy omnivore. Eat damned near anything but draw the line at (most) insects. Not really a food item, are they.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 13:16
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 60
Posts: 5,474
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
Personally, I am neither carniverous nor vegetarian. As implied earlier, we humans do not possess teeth typical of purely carniverous mammals, nor do we have the teeth of purely vegetarian animals. We have something in between - omniverous teeth for an omniverous animal. I am as nature and evolution intended, an omniverous hunter gatherer.
About a million and a half years ago people figured out that cooking food, to include meat, got them more nourishment. High protein diets fed larger brains. There's been some interesting research in comparing primates who spend all day gathering raw veg to eat, and the humans who get more nutrients and energy with cooked food (in variety).

1. Omnivore
2. Brain's need protein
3. There was a study a few decades ago, not sure how good it was, in a science mag I used to get. There was a correlation between malnutrition and mental growth. Not sure if such a study would be allowed in the current PC days, since the subjects were in Western Africa (and the point of the article was the price paid by the young for chronic malnutrition)
Lonewolf_50 is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 14:39
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,710
I'm a vegan. I eat reprocessed grass.
Fareastdriver is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 15:29
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SAM. u.k.
Age: 76
Posts: 261
If one is not meant to eat meat, why does it taste so nice?
denachtenmai is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 16:14
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 60
Posts: 5,474
It does not necessarily taste nice for the price.


Granted, that article is about a first world problem, but tastes of meat vary. (Which is why I have a Weber grill, and am a participant in the Mil Aviation Forum Weber thread now and again. )
Lonewolf_50 is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 16:28
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: A warm pub
Posts: 1,185
I heard a chap talking on the radio a few weeks ago (he was Dutch I think). He had just created a burger in a lab using stem cells, cooked it and eaten it. He was very honest and said it was too dry and he hasn’t developed the ability to create blood vessels yet, which are needed for larger slices of meat such as steaks, but he says he’ll get there.

I love eating meat, but the fact is that farming is by far the largest contributor to climate change, and the way the population is growing, we need new ways to feed ourselves. If lab grown meat can be made to taste and cost the same without doing nasty things to our health like Ammonia washed meat in the States does, I’m all for it.

Last edited by Una Due Tfc; 1st Feb 2018 at 17:35.
Una Due Tfc is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 16:47
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Great South East, tired and retired
Posts: 2,662
The cows, sheep and pigs I eat are all vegetarians.
Ascend Charlie is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 16:59
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: KGRB, but on the road about 1/2 the time.
Age: 57
Posts: 610
It is because women, overall, care more about others than men do, who, overall, tend to be more assholish. I was more of an asshole than I am now, and I'm trying to improve in that area.

Humans were designed to eat a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, since we decided that keeping our population to a reasonable level for sustainability on Our Earth didn't matter, we are now massively overpopulated. As a result, we will have to eat a lot less meat, or face the serious environmental consequences of our massive meat production.

I heard that a study showed if we reduced Our Earth's population to 2B, we could all live an OK life on the resources God has provided. My goal is 1B world population, which would make it easier for us, and we can have more stuff than if we're at 2B.

After more thought in the matter, and not feeling very well after a couple of meat catering meals, I am going to try and cut way back on my meat consumption. Also, the Vegans I know don't mention it unless you ask.

Namaste...
atpcliff is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 19:32
  #36 (permalink)  
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lincolnshire
Age: 76
Posts: 16,658
Atpcliff, try dropping into the colonoscopy thread
Pontius Navigator is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 21:20
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A place with no name
Age: 42
Posts: 144
I am as nature and evolution intended, an omniverous hunter gatherer.
Originally Posted by NutLoose View Post
At Tesco's
I love this post!
SoundBarrier is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 21:28
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 67
Posts: 533
Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
.......
Humans were designed to eat a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, since we decided that keeping our population to a reasonable level for sustainability on Our Earth didn't matter, we are now massively overpopulated. As a result, we will have to eat a lot less meat, or face the serious environmental consequences of our massive meat production.
Time to have another look at Soylent Green?
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 21:45
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Here
Posts: 309
Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
It is because women, overall, care more about others than men do, who, overall, tend to be more assholish. I was more of an asshole than I am now, and I'm trying to improve in that area.

Humans were designed to eat a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, since we decided that keeping our population to a reasonable level for sustainability on Our Earth didn't matter, we are now massively overpopulated. As a result, we will have to eat a lot less meat, or face the serious environmental consequences of our massive meat production.

I heard that a study showed if we reduced Our Earth's population to 2B, we could all live an OK life on the resources God has provided. My goal is 1B world population, which would make it easier for us, and we can have more stuff than if we're at 2B.

After more thought in the matter, and not feeling very well after a couple of meat catering meals, I am going to try and cut way back on my meat consumption. Also, the Vegans I know don't mention it unless you ask.

Namaste...
How do you intend to reach ‘your’ goal of reducing the World’s population by 1 billion?
yellowtriumph is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2018, 21:52
  #40 (permalink)  

Avoid imitations
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Posts: 12,575
Humans were designed to eat a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, since we decided that keeping our population to a reasonable level for sustainability on Our Earth didn't matter, we are now massively overpopulated. As a result, we will have to eat a lot less meat, or face the serious environmental consequences of our massive meat production
Maybe cannibalism is the answer....
ShyTorque is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.