Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

Don't talk about the ethnicity of grooming gangs

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

Don't talk about the ethnicity of grooming gangs

Old 10th Sep 2017, 01:55
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 195
Originally Posted by Seldomfitforpurpose View Post
It's why the whole 'progressive' mindset is so bemusing. They collectively have absolutely no problem being professionally outraged on behalf of just about anyone and anything but when you confront them with the dark side of the Religion of Love and Peace they are suddenly totally silent...........
Progressives are more outraged by someone they deem guilty of "cultural appropriation" because they have the wrong skin tone to wear dreadlocks than a culture than accepts honor killings as a traditional way of life.

That's their mindset; Barbie dolls and hairstyles, and is the maximum of what their brains are equipped-for. Anything requiring more thought or knowledge causes the circuit breakers in their heads to start popping.
PukinDog is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 09:38
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hampshire
Age: 73
Posts: 796
How about this other lot of pseudo-hijab wearing misfits, Roman Catholic nuns?
Bodies of 'hundreds' of children buried in mass grave - BBC News
Tuam mother and baby home 'chamber of horrors' - Irish PM - BBC News
And don't lets forget the Magdalene laundries. And not a single Muslim, S. Asian etc among them.
Glasshouses and bloody stones come to mind.
KelvinD is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 09:57
  #43 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,504
I would totally agree. From independence and up to the 1970s under DeValera and his ilk Ireland was run as an effective feudal theocracy where corruption ran riot. Only in the last few decades has it clawed its way into a being a modern secular democracy.

It shows the fatal flaw in allowing any leeway in allowing any religion into intrude into any matter of state. And I include the recognition of any religious court or body in legal or political matter - including Sharia, Beth Din and CofE.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me......
ORAC is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 10:31
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Ontario
Posts: 0
Absolutely disgusting. Not only are they bombing our children into coffins, throwing acid at each other and driving down and knifing poor sods throughout London, but now they are raping our children.

It is far too late now for our country and in fact continent. What has happened can no longer be reversed. All I can really say now is be safe. The times ahead look very troubling. Our grandfathers fought for this country and they will be rolling in their graves looking at what our politicians (and to some extent ourselves) have done!

No amount of concerts, praying or changing profile pictures on FB is ever going to stop what cannot be stopped.
A320ECAM is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 10:32
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by KelvinD View Post
How about this other lot of pseudo-hijab wearing misfits, Roman Catholic nuns?
Bodies of 'hundreds' of children buried in mass grave - BBC News
Tuam mother and baby home 'chamber of horrors' - Irish PM - BBC News
And don't lets forget the Magdalene laundries. And not a single Muslim, S. Asian etc among them.
Glasshouses and bloody stones come to mind.
Ah well that makes it alright then.

I often wonder why some folk are so set on defending Islam when it's effects can be so clearly seen in every day life.
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 10:45
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by A320ECAM View Post
Religion has a whole, no matter what faith it is, needs to be removed from our society for us to advance as a species. Islam, probably being the worst of them all, is backward, sexist, racist, homophobic and all round dirty and corrupt.
Its precisely why I am utterly confused by anyone who would seek to defend it when it is without a single shred of doubt indefensible
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 10:49
  #47 (permalink)  

Avoid imitations
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Posts: 12,697
I "dropped out" of religion in my teens having seen so much hypocrisy. It seemed to me that the more religious people became, the more self-righteous they became and concerned with "saving themselves". Others used religion as a smokescreen.

In the following forty five years I have seen no evidence to make me change my mind.

I think the late John Lennon had it right when he wrote the song "Imagine".

ShyTorque is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 14:33
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: south of Cirencester, north of Lyneham
Age: 73
Posts: 1,243
Four jailed for raping girl, 16, in Ramsgate - BBC News
Even sadder to my mind is that they only got 14 years. With good behaviour, they'll be out in 7. I would have given them life with a minimum of 50 years.

Too many violent criminals seem to get away with ridiculously short sentences before they are let loose to quite possibly offend again.
radeng is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 16:55
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Clarty Waters, UK
Age: 54
Posts: 911
Originally Posted by KelvinD View Post
The point of my post was that ALL religions have their bad buggers.
I think perhaps we're focusing too broadly on the religious argument. As I see it, the problem isn't so much an Islamic one as a cultural one. The common element with just about all these gangs is their geographical origin.......
Andy_S is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 22:56
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 2,804
I think it is safe to say that Corbyn, his Shadow Cabinet, MPS and party supporters who refuse to speak out and condemn the grooming and rapes are quiet happy for it to go on, as long as the demographic responsible continues to vote Labour.
Where have they refused to condemn it?

The headline basically says that ALL men of Pakistani origin are pedophiles and rapists.

That is clearly not true but the demonising continues.

THE POINT is that as usual the bigots of PPRuNe, are rubbing their hands with glee every time an opportunity to demonise an entire section of society pops up.



Four jailed for raping girl, 16, in Ramsgate - BBC News
Even sadder to my mind is that they only got 14 years. With good behaviour, they'll be out in 7. I would have given them life with a minimum of 50 years.

Too many violent criminals seem to get away with ridiculously short sentences before they are let loose to quite possibly offend again.
I couldn't agree more. Throw the bloody key away.


See, it is possible to condemn the guilty without condemning and generalising about the entire race/religion.

Originally Posted by KelvinD View Post
How about this other lot of pseudo-hijab wearing misfits, Roman Catholic nuns?
Bodies of 'hundreds' of children buried in mass grave - BBC News
Tuam mother and baby home 'chamber of horrors' - Irish PM - BBC News
And don't lets forget the Magdalene laundries. And not a single Muslim, S. Asian etc among them.
Glasshouses and bloody stones come to mind.


Ah well that makes it alright then.

I often wonder why some folk are so set on defending Islam when it's effects can be so clearly seen in every day life.
No it doesn't make it alright, it makes it bleeding obvious to anyone but the bigot that any group, ANY, can commit atrocities in the name of their particular brand of sky faery worship.

Pointing this out is not defending Islam.

MungoP The argument against stereotyping would carry far more weight if so many groups stopped living down to their stereotypes.
Indeed, here's a stereotype for you.

"All Ppruners, especially those that frequently post in Jet Blast, are sad old white men convinced of their superior status and would rather that all the darkies would just bugger off."

No?


Our grandfathers fought for this country and they will be rolling in their graves looking at what our politicians (and to some extent ourselves) have done!
Yup, they will indeed. They fought to clear the world of the nasty white supremacist ideology that has begun to grip this nation. All those lives lost, for what?

If it ever comes to an armed struggle again I know which side I'll be on.
TURIN is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2017, 22:59
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UAE
Posts: 251
So we could say most of the looters arrested in the aftermath of hurricane Irma or any natural disaster in the US and the Caribbean have the same geographical origin ..
Albeit several generations ago , is it cultural ? I don't know .
Jack D is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 07:11
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ilmington, Warwickshire
Posts: 132
I genuinely, genuinely struggle to try not to stereotype people. When I looked at news clips/twitter feeds emerging of the looting in Florida, I tried to bear in mind that this evidence is only a snapshot of the whole picture and maybe there is a 'bias' in the reporting but when every one I've seen posted online shows one particular racial group, I feel dismay and disgust.

The BBC tried to temper it by saying that, "some looting was taking place because the people needed essential supplies" Well, I guess to some people, bottles of whiskey and designer goods are their main need during a crisis.

Does this particular group feel that, because quite truthfully, they were treated so appallingly by western society in the past, that it is now their right to help themselves and take advantage when their fellow citizens are vulnerable.
BehindBlueEyes is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 07:42
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by TURIN View Post
If it ever comes to an armed struggle again I know which side I'll be on.
Why, as in why? I only refer to a tiny fraction of your post but why would you seek to defend a religion that is so outwardly subjugating it's women and so clear in its condemnation of all LGBTetc?

Why would you stoop to the rather silly notion that anyone who would question such things is a 'white supremacist'?

Instead of doing the classically Left Wing White Knight thing why not debate with people as to their opinions?

As a debating point tell me why you think it is ok for Muslim women to be forced into wearing black from head to toe from such and early age?

If the prophet actually said that they should dress in that way how come not all Muslim women do so?

Why do many Muslim women not enjoy the freedoms of their non Muslim counterparts, the basic rights of being able to speak to whom ever they want, to go out on their own, basically to integrate into western life?

There is nothing white supremacist or even racist in looking at a 'lifestyle' and questioning it's place or appropriateness in the modern world.

I disagree strongly in women being treated in any way other than fairly and IMHO Islam does precisely that.

Now here is your opportunity to educate me as to why I am wrong to think that way
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 07:53
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: A little south of the "Black Sheep" brewery
Posts: 416
SFFP, Your post is very logical but I do not expect a response from 'the left' that is anywhere near as logical.

Regarding "Muslim women [being] forced into wearing black from head to toe from such and early age", I feel that that should, in our society, be considered to be child abuse.
Trossie is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 08:12
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by Trossie View Post
Regarding "Muslim women [being] forced into wearing black from head to toe from such and early age", I feel that that should, in our society, be considered to be child abuse.
It really is the bit I truly cannot understand and to date I have not had a single 'progressive' attempt to defend it.

As you quite rightly say and as this and so many other threads clearly demonstrate anyone not 'on message' is simply denounced as racist.

Forcing women to dress and behave in such a way is simply not in keeping with the modern world, if 'we' wanted to treat 'our' women in such a manner there would be hell to pay and rightly so. Which begs the question as to why we 'should' think that Islam treating its women in the manner it does is acceptable.

When people have to resort to simply using the race card or calling people white supremacists you know that your argument is too strong for them.
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 08:16
  #56 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,504
The headline basically says that ALL men of Pakistani origin are pedophiles and rapists.

That is clearly not true but the demonising continues. THE POINT is that as usual the bigots of PPRuNe, are rubbing their hands with glee every time an opportunity to demonise an entire section of society pops up.
Hmm. Firstly you are incorrect, it does not. Secondly, the author refutes you argument in her first paragraph - and makes the case it is the use of the same argument which is one of the main problems.

You might disagree. But does seem to make her case remarkably well.....

British Pakistani men ARE raping and exploiting white girls… and it’s time we faced up to it

BRITAIN has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls.

There. I said it. Does that make me a racist? Or am I just prepared to call out this horrifying problem for what it is?

For too long we have ignored the race of these abusers and, worse, tried to cover it up. No more. These people are predators and the common denominator is their ethnic heritage. We have to have grown-up conversations, however unpalatable, or in six months’ time we will be having this same scenario all over again.

The irony of all of this is that, by not dealing with the ethnicity of the abusers as a fact, political correctness has actually made the situation about race.........
ORAC is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 08:31
  #57 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by ORAC View Post
The irony of all of this is that, by not dealing with the ethnicity of the abusers as a fact, political correctness has actually made the situation about race.........
Which is why 'progressives' are having so much trouble with the subject.
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 11:32
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .
Posts: 306
That's their mindset; Barbie dolls and hairstyles, and is the maximum of what their brains are equipped-for. Anything requiring more thought or knowledge causes the circuit breakers in their heads to start popping.
Are you a hermit? Do you live down a well?
I ask as you clearly haven't met many people in your life.
Nemrytter is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 12:32
  #59 (permalink)  
Cunning Artificer
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The spiritual home of DeHavilland
Age: 72
Posts: 3,116
the more self-righteous they became and concerned with "saving themselves".
I couldn't care less about them saving themselves. It's when they start wanting to save me that I get annoyed.
Blacksheep is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2017, 13:01
  #60 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ilmington, Warwickshire
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by BehindBlueEyes View Post
I genuinely, genuinely struggle to try not to stereotype people. When I looked at news clips/twitter feeds emerging of the looting in Florida, I tried to bear in mind that this evidence is only a snapshot of the whole picture and maybe there is a 'bias' in the reporting but when every one I've seen posted online shows one particular racial group, I feel dismay and disgust.

The BBC tried to temper it by saying that, "some looting was taking place because the people needed essential supplies" Well, I guess to some people, bottles of whiskey and designer goods are their main need during a crisis.

Does this particular group feel that, because quite truthfully, they were treated so appallingly by western society in the past, that it is now their right to help themselves and take advantage when their fellow citizens are vulnerable.
Irma weakens but still wreaks chaos - BBC News
BehindBlueEyes is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.