Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

US Politics Hamsterwheel v2.0

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

US Politics Hamsterwheel v2.0

Old 28th Sep 2018, 16:59
  #16001 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vendee
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by ethicalconundrum View Post
Heya Fred,

I'm betting a shot of cheap whisky you've never been through witness prep?
Ethical, life is far too short for cheap whisky no matter what the occasion. Win, lose, or draw it is always best with a dram or two of the better stuff!
Uncle Fred is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 17:26
  #16002 (permalink)  

Plastic PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 1,890
Uncle Fred - many years ago my father gave me a good piece of advice:

"Son, stick to expensive booze and cheap women,
Expensive women and cheap booze is the road to ruin"


I found it to be true...

Mac :-)
Mac the Knife is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 20:12
  #16003 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vendee
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by Mac the Knife View Post
Uncle Fred - many years ago my father gave me a good piece of advice:

"Son, stick to expensive booze and cheap women,
Expensive women and cheap booze is the road to ruin"


I found it to be true...

Mac :-)
Ah indeed! Fits in well with that saying "I seemed to have spent a certain amount on wine, women, and song. I just can't figure out where the rest of the money went."

My brother in law, tending to the quotation as Frenchmen are wont to do, always seems to have this tidbit of recommendation at hand from George Couteline: Il vaut mieux gaspiller sa jeunesse que de n'en rien faire du tout
(It's better waste away one's youth than to do nothing at all)
Uncle Fred is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 20:18
  #16004 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀
Posts: 1,960
Originally Posted by BAengineer View Post
A polygraph organised and paid for by a major Democratic supporter fundraiser who happens to be her attorney....

Yep - certainly a no brainer..
How is the person who paid for the test relevant to the result??? It was administered by a former FBI agent.

Of course the rwnjís are now going to tell me that the FBI agent is just another member of the big Deep State/Democrat conspiracy thatís trying to assassinate the fine upstanding character of poor Judge Kavanaugh by using paid crisis actors to perjure themselves with false accusations and deliberate lies. And all because they canít get over the fact that Hillary lost.
Hempy is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 22:01
  #16005 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: US
Posts: 137
Her yearbooks, make of it what you will:

https://www.realclearinvestigations....yearbooks.html
fltlt is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 22:07
  #16006 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: US
Posts: 137
Just to stir the pot, are we perhaps looking at a woman scorned oh so many years ago?

i have no idea, sure lots of you do.
fltlt is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2018, 23:27
  #16007 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: London/Fort Worth
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by Hempy View Post
Of course the rwnjís are now going to tell me that the FBI agent is just another member of the big Deep State/Democrat conspiracy thatís trying to assassinate the fine upstanding character of poor Judge Kavanaugh by using paid crisis actors to perjure themselves with false accusations and deliberate lies.
Its only 2 months ago that the FBI were firing agents who were acting out of political motives....
BAengineer is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 01:30
  #16008 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 72
Posts: 1,561
You have no idea? I have an idea: You do have an idea, Flittit, but you just don't have the guts to float your idea. You have the idea that a 15 year-old girl could have been "a woman scorned," so that now she's out for revenge on a blameless man who once turned her down for ... what? There I also have no idea.

A 15 year-old slut was chasing a 17 year-old catholic schoolboy who turned her down because he had to go to choir practice, is that it?

Okay, so the 15 year-old schoolgirl really was some sort of vicious little low-life minx. How about Ramirez, the Yale student, then? What is her problem with poor old Judge Kavanaugh, that she accused him of waving his willy in her face? Is she another "woman scorned"? How many scorned women are there in this fellow's closet, anyway?

Ooh ... this just in! The Donald has asked the FBI to check out these allegations, taking an extra week for that.

Why not pass this information along to the FBI, Flittit? Here you go, straight off the FBI website:

To provide information on select major cases, call our Major Case Contact Center at 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324)

Watch your step, though. They also are on the lookout for perverts, creeps, and weirdos of all sorts, so that someone equating a 15 year-old schoolgirl to a "woman scorned" might find himself an object of suspicion, much like poor old Judge Kavanaugh. It might be that Deep State debbil FBI, out to get you, too! (How ironic that the Donald, who supposedly has no real belief in the integrity of the FBI, now wants the FBI to investigate this serious matter.)

Last edited by chuks; 29th Sep 2018 at 01:53.
chuks is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 01:47
  #16009 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: US
Posts: 137
Predictable as ever, hook, line, catch and release.

Every time.
fltlt is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 02:31
  #16010 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀
Posts: 1,960
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
You have no idea? I have an idea: You do have an idea, Flittit, but you just don't have the guts to float your idea. You have the idea that a 15 year-old girl could have been "a woman scorned," so that now she's out for revenge on a blameless man who once turned her down for ... what? There I also have no idea.

A 15 year-old slut was chasing a 17 year-old catholic schoolboy who turned her down because he had to go to choir practice, is that it?

Okay, so the 15 year-old schoolgirl really was some sort of vicious little low-life minx. How about Ramirez, the Yale student, then? What is her problem with poor old Judge Kavanaugh, that she accused him of waving his willy in her face? Is she another "woman scorned"? How many scorned women are there in this fellow's closet, anyway?

Ooh ... this just in! The Donald has asked the FBI to check out these allegations, taking an extra week for that.

Why not pass this information along to the FBI, Flittit? Here you go, straight off the FBI website:

To provide information on select major cases, call our Major Case Contact Center at 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324)

Watch your step, though. They also are on the lookout for perverts, creeps, and weirdos of all sorts, so that someone equating a 15 year-old schoolgirl to a "woman scorne" might find himself an object of suspicion, much like poor old Judge Kavanaugh. It might be that Deep State debbil FBI, out to get you, too! (How ironic that the Donald, who supposedly has no real belief in the integrity of the FBI, now wants the FBI to investigate this serious matter.)
What was it that Al Franken did that had the right in such moral outrage? Photographed pretending to touch a womans breast? I seem to remember several of our right wing JB contributors baying for Frankens blood. Itís strange how far conservative morality shifts when the shoe is on the other foot. Some would call it rank hypocrisy.
Hempy is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 02:36
  #16011 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Fletcher Memorial Home
Age: 55
Posts: 302
With all the coincidences and dramatic timing you would almost think you were watching something from Hollywood....... That was sarcasm by the way.

Just watched the full five minutes of this https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...sault-survivor

First thing hats off to the Senator involved for not doing anything that would escalate the situation, in fact I think if he had done or said anything at all it would have been taken in the worst possible context and smeared across the headlines. Situations like that just show how ridiculous the whole thing has become, now I don't know the story of the two females and don't doubt that they both have a tale to tell, but to make the whole decision to vote on whether or not the judge gets elected about them to me shows how a lot of people think it's all about "me". I did hear a news anchor refer to the "me too era" as if we'd moved out of the mechanical and digital ages into a new epoch for civilisation. I read another article about how the difference between how Dr Ford has presented her evidence against how the Judge responded was all part of the double standard where women aren't allowed to act aggressively while men can. Echoes of the tennis final coming through there. Personally I think both sides were heavily coached, the good Dr aimed at getting the sympathy vote while the Judge went for righteous indignation.

And before you start, yes I am not an American, have anglo-saxon roots, and identify myself as male so obviously everything I say is wrong!
Ogre is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 02:48
  #16012 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 72
Posts: 1,561
Well, go for it!

Why not call it rank hypocrisy, Hempy? Here, I'll take the plunge: It's rank hypocrisy, going mad over Franken then, but giving Kavanaugh a pass now. Worse yet is the way that Franken's accuser was taken as being 100% correct with what she alleged, while Dr. Ford has now become a "woman scorned." Yup, a 15 year-old schoolgirl was some sort of scheming little seductress, according to Flittit's heavy hints.

No, wait a moment .... "Hypocrisy" is a big word with Greek roots ... far too complicated for this crowd. Hell, some of us don't even know the difference between "it's" and "its" so how should they know when they are behaving as hypocrites? How about just saying that "They is all eat up with the dumb-ass," and leave it at that? You don't need to be that stupid to be a Trump partisan, but it sure does help!
chuks is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 02:54
  #16013 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by Hempy View Post
What was it that Al Franken did that had the right in such moral outrage? Photographed pretending to touch a womans breast? I seem to remember several of our right wing JB contributors baying for Frankens blood. Itís strange how far conservative morality shifts when the shoe is on the other foot. Some would call it rank hypocrisy.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/polit...ion/index.html


Course it was democratic woman senators largely who put the nail in his coffin, but hey just run with it. Of course Hempy wonít see this as he has banned me from his view because of the uncomfortable truths I bring to his arguments. Thatís one way to try and win an argument. Not a good way, but a way.
West Coast is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 03:12
  #16014 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Reading
Age: 37
Posts: 100
I'm beginning to wonder what republicans stand for?

I thought it was family values. Clearly not with this president.

I thought it was common decency. See Rubio's complaints about people using nasty language over the trifling matter of kids being shot. Clearly not with this president.

I thought it was capitalism and free markets. But we have a protectionist, anti trade president. Some would even call that typical of socialist regimes.

I thought they were the religious guys. Bit I don't see a lot in on with Jesus. Note if you are actually religious and support this guy, go and re-read the new testement invest in some thermal protective clothing.

So err.. What's left? Pissing people like me off? Because I expect a president not to be someone who bankrupted a casino(?!) amongst other ventures.

Trump's success is a slur on us all as humans, as with leaders in many countries. We really aren't so smart.
​​​
​​​
​​​​​​
neila83 is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 03:53
  #16015 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by neila83 View Post
I

So err.. What's left? Pissing people like me off? Because I expect a president not to be someone who bankrupted a casino(?!) amongst other ventures.


​​​​
Is it Reading as in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania that you have listed?

If not, why would Trump pissing you off be a consideration? I certainly donít get wrapped around the axle by PM May. I may chuckle at her and her fumbling the exit from the EU, but I donít believe one of her duties is to avoid pissing me off, nor is it one of Trumpís to avoid pissing you off.
West Coast is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 04:52
  #16016 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Reading
Age: 37
Posts: 100
Originally Posted by West Coast View Post


Is it Reading as in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania that you have listed?

If not, why would Trump pissing you off be a consideration? I certainly donít get wrapped around the axle by PM May. I may chuckle at her and her fumbling the exit from the EU, but I donít believe one of her duties is to avoid pissing me off, nor is it one of Trumpís to avoid pissing you off.
Yeh I chuckle too from far away. Then I want to cry. My country is a lost cause, I know. I'm not someone who has an irrational desire to defend something just because of some lines I happened to be born between.

​​​​​Anyway all I asked is of all the things Repķblicans supposedly believe in which does he tick? To me he seems like a creepy weirdo anyone would avoid in a bar. I hear God talked about a lot by republicans, but given Jesus was probably the first socialist it confuses me. I imagine most capitalists spitting in rage at most of what he said


​I'm genuinely interested in what a dec​ent person could say attracts them to trump. Anyway this guy said it best. You all deal with your own consciences.
​https://twitter.com/Janswer/status/1045859904588840960?s=19​​​​​
​​​​
Oh, almost forgot! That time Mike Pence said a man who commited adultery is unfit to lead the nation and must go. So why don't you all go argue with him? Another 'christian' using it as a badge to do bad while claiming to be good. So transparent.
​​​​​.

​​​​​​
​​​​​
​​​



​​

Last edited by neila83; 29th Sep 2018 at 05:27.
neila83 is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 04:56
  #16017 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vendee
Posts: 138
Finally catching up with the highlights of the second half of Thursday's testimony.

Am noting just how geriatric some of these Senators are. Grassley and Feinstein both born in 1933. Hatch not much later. One chap in 1940. What is that draw to power that keeps one wishing to stay in office for so long? Is there no one younger available?

Two, Mr. Graham, apart from his politics, really would be well served by taking an acting class. I realize that he is wrangling for the Attorney General slot, but this righteous indignation schtick is frankly embarrassing when played out by him. The chopping arm motion that is unsynchronized with his speech. The worst political trickery he has ever witnessed in Washington? Seriously? What a naif then.

Kavanaugh comes across as a peevish and petulant hothead. A matter of taste and style I guess. His schtick plays well to a great chunk of America. I would have preferred a bit more of the rapier and less of the entrenching tool in the to and fro but that is not modern discourse...sadly.
Uncle Fred is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 05:29
  #16018 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by Uncle Fred View Post
Finally catching up with the highlights of the second half of Thursday's testimony.

Am noting just how geriatric some of these Senators are. Grassley and Feinstein both born in 1933. Hatch not much later. One chap in 1940. What is that draw to power that keeps one wishing to stay in office for so long? Is there no one younger available?

Two, Mr. Graham, apart from his politics, really would be well served by taking an acting class. I realize that he is wrangling for the Attorney General slot, but this righteous indignation schtick is frankly embarrassing when played out by him. The chopping arm motion that is unsynchronized with his speech. The worst political trickery he has ever witnessed in Washington? Seriously? What a naif then.

Kavanaugh comes across as a peevish and petulant hothead. A matter of taste and style I guess. His schtick plays well to a great chunk of America. I would have preferred a bit more of the rapier and less of the entrenching tool in the to and fro but that is not modern discourse...sadly.
Walk a mile in his shoes. There isn’t evidence to substantiate the charge, so I’m of the belief that one must presume him innocent, especially when coupled with the timing of her revelation. Put yourself in his shoes, wrongly accused, your family is threatened, your good name is in the balance, the media is against you, I don’t believe hothead is the proper term for a man placed in that situation who is given a platform to defend himself. It’s an easy term to invoke when you’ve never been through what he’s been through. I know I haven’t, have you?

West Coast is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 09:07
  #16019 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 72
Posts: 1,561
Testimony is evidence!

Go look this up, West Coast, or just stop to think about it. Say that you find that someone sideswiped your car while you left it parked at Buds 'r' Us, getting your medical marijuana prescription refilled. Up steps a retired bush pilot, to tell you that he saw what happened while he was out there on the curb selling apples, that it was a fellow driving a pink VW Golf cabrio, license plate reading whatever.

What you just got there is testimony, which is also evidence. Of course you would go to the cops with that as evidence of who sideswiped your car. Who knows, though? Maybe that bush pilot was just making stuff up to get even with his ex-boyfriend; the cops would need to investigate the evidence to establish whether it's valid evidence or not. Either way, though, that testimony is evidence.

Your claim, WC, that "There isn’t evidence to substantiate the charge, so I’m of the belief that one must presume him innocent, especially when coupled with the timing of her revelation," simply does not fly.

We saw and heard Dr. Ford give her sworn testimony, evidence that Judge Kavanaugh and his little shower buddy Mark Judge perpetrated a sex attack on her, what she took for an attempted rape. Even your Orange Idol now agrees that the FBI must investigate further on the basis of this fresh evidence. You go right ahead and presume Judge Kavanaugh innocent, but that's just not good enough in the face of this fresh evidence. (Oh my God! Think of his wonderful wife and his two wonderful children, and their wonderful family dog! O the huge manatee!)

Yeah, it can be tough, suddenly finding out that Daddy was a horny little preppie sex pest in his long-ago youth, but those are the breaks. That's just three females and a dog though. (Okay, four females if Checkers is a bitch ... whatever.) That's a high price for three innocent people and a dog to pay, but how much higher should the price be for all Americans to end up with a lying sexual predator as a Justice of the Supreme Court?

Maybe he is, maybe he just looks very much like one, but we do need the FBI to figure out what Kavanaugh got up to there at Georgetown Prep and at Yale. It's no longer good enough to give him the same sort of pass that Trump has been given multiple times for his own sexual transgressions.
chuks is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2018, 14:46
  #16020 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,521
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
Go look this up, West Coast, or just stop to think about it. Say that you find that someone sideswiped your car while you left it parked at Buds 'r' Us, getting your medical marijuana prescription refilled. Up steps a retired bush pilot, to tell you that he saw what happened while he was out there on the curb selling apples, that it was a fellow driving a pink VW Golf cabrio, license plate reading whatever.

What you just got there is testimony, which is also evidence. Of course you would go to the cops with that as evidence of who sideswiped your car. Who knows, though? Maybe that bush pilot was just making stuff up to get even with his ex-boyfriend; the cops would need to investigate the evidence to establish whether it's valid evidence or not. Either way, though, that testimony is evidence.

Your claim, WC, that "There isnít evidence to substantiate the charge, so Iím of the belief that one must presume him innocent, especially when coupled with the timing of her revelation," simply does not fly.

We saw and heard Dr. Ford give her sworn testimony, evidence that Judge Kavanaugh and his little shower buddy Mark Judge perpetrated a sex attack on her, what she took for an attempted rape. Even your Orange Idol now agrees that the FBI must investigate further on the basis of this fresh evidence. You go right ahead and presume Judge Kavanaugh innocent, but that's just not good enough in the face of this fresh evidence. (Oh my God! Think of his wonderful wife and his two wonderful children, and their wonderful family dog! O the huge manatee!)

Yeah, it can be tough, suddenly finding out that Daddy was a horny little preppie sex pest in his long-ago youth, but those are the breaks. That's just three females and a dog though. (Okay, four females if Checkers is a bitch ... whatever.) That's a high price for three innocent people and a dog to pay, but how much higher should the price be for all Americans to end up with a lying sexual predator as a Justice of the Supreme Court?

Maybe he is, maybe he just looks very much like one, but we do need the FBI to figure out what Kavanaugh got up to there at Georgetown Prep and at Yale. It's no longer good enough to give him the same sort of pass that Trump has been given multiple times for his own sexual transgressions.
When you find some evidence please let me know. Chuks, Iíd even defend you if you found yourself in his position.
West Coast is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.