Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

Scottish independence Hamsterwheel.

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

Scottish independence Hamsterwheel.

Old 11th Jan 2015, 10:49
  #9941 (permalink)  


Chieftan o'the Pudden Race
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: Scotland usually, and often other parts of Europe
Age: 51
Posts: 826
All I can see is that you are trying to divert the argument as part of a tag team of unionists.

I'll put it as simply as I can. MJ makes a claim as fact. The onus is on him to back it up with some evidence.

The current oil price has no bearing on what would happen in 2016.
Flypuppy is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 11:03
  #9942 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,945
Originally Posted by Flypuppy View Post
All I can see is that you are trying to divert the argument as part of a tag team of unionists.

Rally, sounds like a bit of paranoia going on there pal

I'll put it as simply as I can. MJ makes a claim as fact. The onus is on him to back it up with some evidence.

I will put it as simply as I can. You called MJ a liar and the onus is upon you back that claim up with some proof. As you have also claimed to have close links to the SNP providing some sort of document from one of the Party leaders should be easy enough for you to obtain

The current oil price has no bearing on what would happen in 2016.
Really? If it stays low as is suggested it would have had no bearing on how Indepenace panned out, with only 50% of the revenue stream all the White Paper Promises could still be met?

Not even Sturgeon and Salmon, or even old Tom J are crazy enough to suggest that chap
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 11:23
  #9943 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,823
Seldom its zero revenue stream at the moment. No taxable profit you see.

And it does have a huge effect if Aberdeen starts shutting down in the period.

So the standard tactics are kicking into play again.

Realistically it doesn't matter what anyone says everything will be dismissed.

Ok Ok I give in, but the readers can look through the style and tactics of the pro independence posters and make there own analysis about what's going on.

Still think it would be better to split the sides.
mad_jock is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 11:34
  #9944 (permalink)  


Chieftan o'the Pudden Race
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: Scotland usually, and often other parts of Europe
Age: 51
Posts: 826
I will put it as simply as I can. You called MJ a liar and the onus is upon you back that claim up with some proof. As you have also claimed to have close links to the SNP providing some sort of document from one of the Party leaders should be easy enough for you to obtain
Where have I called MJ a liar? I am asking for some proof of his claims, something he is unable to do.

What sort of document are you expecting the SNP to provide?
Flypuppy is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 12:08
  #9945 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,945
Originally Posted by Flypuppy View Post
Where have I called MJ a liar? I am asking for some proof of his claims, something he is unable to do.

What sort of document are you expecting the SNP to provide?

One that refutes MJ's claim, after all with you being so 'in' with the SNP heads of sheds you should be able to come up with something concrete to blow his claims out of the water............................................
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 12:08
  #9946 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,823
He can actually but then I suspect there would be lawyers involved as I suspect its been illegally obtained.

And in any event it would be dismissed as false anyway just like anything else which is put forward as evidence.

There is only one side which can state facts.

We shall see what the GE shall bring. I suspect it won't be like anything that anyone from either side will expect.

All these extra voters that haven't voted for years are going to put a spanner in the works for everyone. Linked in as well to the constituency majority's its not going to be pleasant.

I was actually quite surprised that Aberdeen was so pro NO to be honest.

Its going to be interesting watching it from afar.
mad_jock is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 13:02
  #9947 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: London
Posts: 199
Whilst I'd rather keep out of what appears to be conspiracy theories...
Didn't one prolific early poster on these thirds actually get outed as an SNP mouthpiece? I seem to recall someone named him and posted a photo...

He rapidly disappeared from this forum

Or did I dream that?
Mr Chips is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 13:39
  #9948 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,823
he did....

You just have to go round a few different forums and watch the tactics.

They are the same whenever anything negative comes up.

You do though get your typical thick ones though that just go "mental"

As I said its up to the readers to go and have look at not just this site but the others out there. As this one isn't anything to do with politics, it turns up everywhere, photography forums have even been twisted to this topic, scuba diving as well.

Never seen a question answered yet in any of them with anything never mind facts.

And god help anyone that states that Alex Salmond lied through his teeth. And has the cheek to produce video evidence.
mad_jock is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 15:28
  #9949 (permalink)  


Chieftan o'the Pudden Race
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: Scotland usually, and often other parts of Europe
Age: 51
Posts: 826
after all with you being so 'in' with the SNP heads of sheds you should be able to come up with something concrete to blow his claims out of the water
Where did I say I was in with senior members of the SNP? You are just making things up.

He can actually but then I suspect there would be lawyers involved as I suspect its been illegally obtained.
Mad Jock, since you are now publicly accusing me of a criminal act you had better have a pretty damned good reason for it.
Flypuppy is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 16:12
  #9950 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,945
Originally Posted by Flypuppy View Post

SFFP, I know rather a lot about the inner workings of the SNP and I can assure you that Mad Jock's "facts" are anything but.


There you go, use your knowledge of the inner workings of the SNP to provide the documentation to blow MJ's claims out of the water.................
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 16:39
  #9951 (permalink)  


Chieftan o'the Pudden Race
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: Scotland usually, and often other parts of Europe
Age: 51
Posts: 826
It just isn't getting through to you is it? The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim and it is not upon anyone else to disprove.

Mad Jock has yet to provide any proof whatsoever that his claim that it is a
fact that mods are up for a hard job due to the fact that the SNP supporters are extremely well organised and also trained as well with psychologist input in how to manipulate discussions.
Flypuppy is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 16:43
  #9952 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,945
Originally Posted by Flypuppy View Post
It just isn't getting through to you is it? The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim and it is not upon anyone else to disprove.

Mad Jock has yet to provide any proof whatsoever that his claim that it is a

So you have nothing at all to refute MJ's claims? No cut and paste from any SNP literature? No emails from SNP senior members?


Very strange behaviour indeed flypuppy as most people would be able to provide the 'hows and whys' if making such an accusation, still its not really that surprising fella
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 19:14
  #9953 (permalink)  

Flashes from the Archives of Oblivion
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: 03 ACE
Age: 68
Posts: 5
Call me simple. (simple) Surely if someone makes an assertion, it is up to them to provide proof of same. Always worked that way since ever I was around.

Pish or get off the pot I would say MJ !! Ye dinnae need yer sidekick SFFP to do yer talkin. Or do you ???

El G.
El Grifo is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 19:40
  #9954 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 445
El G

You should mention your philosophy to the SNP, after all they are kings of unproven assertions (dreams): Upon independence there would be immediate EU membership, continued NATO membership, CU with UK, just to name a few.

They were still asserting this despite substantial evidence to the opposite.
Nigd3 is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 19:51
  #9955 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 10,823
Well that's the thing El Grifo I don't sit down to have a pish which is maybe the reason why I see through the SNP lies.
mad_jock is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 20:23
  #9956 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,945
Originally Posted by Nigd3 View Post
El G

You should mention your philosophy to the SNP, after all they are kings of unproven assertions (dreams): Upon independence there would be immediate EU membership, continued NATO membership, CU with UK, just to name a few.

They were still asserting this despite substantial evidence to the opposite.

Imagine that, someone asserting something with not a shred of evidence to back that up, naughty naughty SNP as in El G's world that is a basic req if stating something
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2015, 21:08
  #9957 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 445
I should have clarified my previous post.

It would not matter if MJ could provide evidence for his assertions that was written in Salmonds blood together with a photo of him signing it, if it was negative to the SNP, their standard response is "You are wrong, we are right, its our oil and the Tories are all Eton educated baby eaters".
Nigd3 is offline  
Old 12th Jan 2015, 10:18
  #9958 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,945
Originally Posted by Flypuppy View Post

The current oil price has no bearing on what would happen in 2016.
Really?

BBC News - Scottish economic expansion 'set to continue in 2015'

some of your fellow Scots seem to think otherwise.
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 13th Jan 2015, 08:33
  #9959 (permalink)  

Flashes from the Archives of Oblivion
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: 03 ACE
Age: 68
Posts: 5
See if this helps explain things to those of you who cannot or will not understand !

Lib Dems: SNP could gain independence by back door - The Scotsman

El G.
El Grifo is offline  
Old 13th Jan 2015, 09:33
  #9960 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,945
BBC News - Brent crude oil price falls to six-year low

Bullet well and truly dodged thanks to the overwhelming No vote
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.