Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

UK politics - Hamsterwheel

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

UK politics - Hamsterwheel

Old 25th Jun 2017, 12:31
  #10681 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Luberon
Age: 68
Posts: 913
Originally Posted by Buster15 View Post

I will not comment on the quite stupid statement that JC worships terrorists. However, what is actually wrong with taking politics to the people especially when he was invited by the organiser. The fact that he has developed an affinity with younger people while TM clearly has not must annoy tory supporters. Get used to how politics is changing.
Corbyn attends their rallies and praises terror groups who attack us....fact.

That he went to Glastonbury to spout his socialist bollix is a laugh in itself, the event is one big monument to capitalism.
Accommodation, services, food and entertainment is set up for 150,000 paying visitors without the aid of public money and returns a healthy profit.
If that isn't capitalism at work, then nothing is!
sitigeltfel is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 12:44
  #10682 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,503
Enjoy the success of Corbyn whilst it lasts. On the floor of the House he is a terrible performer where his lack of knowledge is frequently exposed and bombast doesn't work and many of his back benchers still hate and fear him and his unbending socialist policies.

The success at this election means that the change to the rules for the election of leader, recall of MPs and membership of the NEC means that the party will be totally captured by the Left and that the policies incorporated into future manifestos will be progressively more and more left wing.

When you consider the absolutely dire campaign of the Conservatives in this election, alienating every main part of the core support, but which still left them only 13 seats short of a majority, and that that future budgets and manifestos will be designed specifically to rebuild that support, and combine the two, I would put money on a Conservative majority at the next election, whenever it might be.

A lot of voters who were upset at the Conservatives and voted Labour to teach them a lesson will look at how close Corbyn got and will be unlikely to do so again.
ORAC is online now  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 13:21
  #10683 (permalink)  
Thought police antagonist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Posts: 951
Originally Posted by sitigeltfel View Post
Corbyn attends their rallies and praises terror groups who attack us....fact.

That he went to Glastonbury to spout his socialist bollix is a laugh in itself, the event is one big monument to capitalism.
Accommodation, services, food and entertainment is set up for 150,000 paying visitors without the aid of public money and returns a healthy profit.
If that isn't capitalism at work, then nothing is!
Siti, the source of this "fact"....not the Mail by any remote chance ?...if not, and it's a reasonable question under the circumstances, second time of asking actually, a few attributable sources would be welcome showing him attending an ISIS rally. ( no photo-shopping allowed however )

On the other hand, re Glastonbury, you're spot on old boy ! tis indeed a monument to capitalism....for the masses ! Can't fault that.....oh, and the music's pretty good as well.

I wouldn't call it nostalgia. I'm old enough to remember the era of trade union militancy, and I don't want it back. Unfortunately, it still exists to some extent today, the rail unions being possibly the worst culprits

Well, apart from agreeing on the ECML, here's something else for you to ponder over. If you think, wrongly, that the rail unions are the worst culprits, then I have some news for you.

When it comes to militancy, restrictive practices, truly incompetent "management", "management " openly suggesting ignoring the employers proposals ( this from "management " ostensibly in place to actually work on behalf of the employer, when 2.5 hrs a day are dedicated to planned breaks ( 30mins am / 30mins pm and 1.5hrs lunch...some extended this to 2 without any fear of doing so ) and the howls of anguish went off the decibel scale when changes were proposed to more contemporary working practices / hours, including the priceless objection that " I won't be able to get to Subway and back !"...seriously, not forgetting the conveniently deposited union membership forms which arrived on desks.

Ironically, whilst the members were only too happy to benefit from union membership, a significant amount were also devout supporters of the unlamented deceased...funny that.... then you may need to rethink your assessment of the rail unions.

This was the PCS, but, I hasten to add, in one specific location. There again, the location was also under the control of equally incompetent "management".....perfectly matched in so many respects really.

And for SFFP, it's a shame the name will be forever associated with one of the most destructive politicians the UK has ever endured, but I have tried the stuff and it's reasonable I agree.

On the other hand, I'm sure many of the faithful would have happily consumed the original decanted straight from source in those less than halcyon days.

ORAC,

" where his lack of knowledge is frequently exposed and bombast doesn't work " ....

Some bad news here....Ian Paisley is no longer with us.

Last edited by Krystal n chips; 25th Jun 2017 at 13:50.
Krystal n chips is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 13:27
  #10684 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: West Country
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by Andy_S View Post
The government would run them. (They actually did this with GNER for a while).

Subsequently, of course, trade union militancy would re-asset itself and the railways would start being run for the convenience of the employees rather than the travelling public.......

But if you let the franchises expire simply as a way to bring back the Railways back into Public Ownership everything will get very quiet. The Franchise agreements just give them a right to run a service, they dont actually own any rolling stock to run that service.

So those who are suggesting that this would be a way to renationalisation without spending any money are ignorant of the actual situation - they sound like ideal people to run a nationalised railway.
Jet II is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 13:40
  #10685 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Permanent Newbie
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by Seldomfitforpurpose View Post
Someone was holding a beer mug enshrined with Logo 'Thatchers Gold' a pint of cider that I thoroughly enjoy but a logo neither you nor Komrad Corbyn would want to be associated with
Think Thatcher's Gold was referring to the money "Son of" obtained for his significant business acumen and advice during the Al Yamaneh Arms contract.................. that was before he got lost in the desert.
racedo is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 13:44
  #10686 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Permanent Newbie
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by sitigeltfel View Post
Corbyn attends their rallies and praises terror groups who attack us....fact.
So why is the Home Office report regarding funding of Islamic Terrorism in UK being hidden with likelihood of it never being made public.
Could it have something to do with the fact that those funding Terrorism are from the same Nations that UK sells billions in Arms to.
racedo is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 15:52
  #10687 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by racedo View Post
Think Thatcher's Gold was referring to the money "Son of" obtained for his significant business acumen and advice during the Al Yamaneh Arms contract.................. that was before he got lost in the desert.
Nope, it was definitely a famous west country cider brand, I should know as I have tasted quite a bit of it over the years
Seldomfitforpurpose is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 16:27
  #10688 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cambridge, England, EU
Posts: 3,435
Originally Posted by Seldomfitforpurpose View Post
Someone was holding a beer mug enshrined with Logo 'Thatchers Gold' a pint of cider that I thoroughly enjoy but a logo neither you nor Komrad Corbyn would want to be associated with
Perfectly decent cider.

And the "Theresa Mayhem" I was drinking on Friday is a perfectly decent beer.

Edit to add: Actually it's Thather's "Katy" that we've got in the fridge right now.

Last edited by Gertrude the Wombat; 25th Jun 2017 at 16:41.
Gertrude the Wombat is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 17:09
  #10689 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: England
Posts: 259
Originally Posted by ORAC View Post
Enjoy the success of Corbyn whilst it lasts. On the floor of the House he is a terrible performer where his lack of knowledge is frequently exposed and bombast doesn't work and many of his back benchers still hate and fear him and his unbending socialist policies.

The success at this election means that the change to the rules for the election of leader, recall of MPs and membership of the NEC means that the party will be totally captured by the Left and that the policies incorporated into future manifestos will be progressively more and more left wing.

When you consider the absolutely dire campaign of the Conservatives in this election, alienating every main part of the core support, but which still left them only 13 seats short of a majority, and that that future budgets and manifestos will be designed specifically to rebuild that support, and combine the two, I would put money on a Conservative majority at the next election, whenever it might be.

A lot of voters who were upset at the Conservatives and voted Labour to teach them a lesson will look at how close Corbyn got and will be unlikely to do so again.
You are ignoring the fact that the majority of UKIP voters deserted them and voted tory. Clearly that will not happen next time.
Politics is cyclic and we will see how the next few years pan out but it is not only the labour back benchers who dislike their leader....
Buster15 is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 17:23
  #10690 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,503
But the Conservatives will replace their's with someone acceptable from the next generation such as Sajid Javid, Priti Patel or Ruth Davidson (if they offer someone in a safe seat a seat in the Lords) - and Labour won't.

The Conservatives have always been effective at defenestration, Labour the opposite.
ORAC is online now  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 19:35
  #10691 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: ---------->
Posts: 146
Originally Posted by Effluent Man View Post
All that serves to prove is that he didn't have foresight. Had he agreed then the bridge attacks could not have taken place.
Whatever the question, the answer is always "it was the Tories"
EGLD is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 10:39
  #10692 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SW England
Age: 73
Posts: 3,819
Corbyn is evidently enjoying going around addressing large crowds and revelling in their uncritical adulation as they cheer his every word wildly.

Remind you of anyone? (Or have I just invoked Godwin's Law?)
Tankertrashnav is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 10:41
  #10693 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,503
I thought you were referring to the other side of the Atlantic.......
ORAC is online now  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 10:56
  #10694 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,503
ORAC is online now  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 10:59
  #10695 (permalink)  

FX Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Greenwich
Age: 63
Posts: 900
No-one commented on the DUP ' Bad Monday' pact yet?

Interesting that the cost of support seems to be 150 million quid per vote just in money for Northern Ireland. And according to the Beeb the agreement is for two years only.

Anywhere else and that would be called pork barrel politics!

And before anyone else says it, I'm not that daft, I'm sure Labour would do exactly the same.

And that is disturbing.
angels is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 11:32
  #10696 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,503
Considering the money trees Labour were using to buy votes, and their complaints about austerity, if would be difficult for them to complain.

Note I said difficult, not impossible. The hypocrisy of McDonnell, Abbott et al renders them capable of anything.....

Last edited by ORAC; 26th Jun 2017 at 11:51.
ORAC is online now  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 11:44
  #10697 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: EGNX
Posts: 1,168
1bn to ward off Marxism and complete economic collapse for at least two years. Seems like a good deal to me.
Doors to Automatic is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 12:33
  #10698 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Posts: 1,611
Cheap at twice the price.
Wingswinger is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 12:53
  #10699 (permalink)  
Thought police antagonist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Posts: 951
There was a bit of consternation on here last week about a certain former leader of the Labour party on the Jeremy Vine show....today, for those who were fortunate enough to miss the dulcet tones, and because the Beeb, are as we know ( JB perception ) terribly left wing biased, one I.D-S was the presenter.

The above mention purely in the interests of equality you understand.
Krystal n chips is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 13:17
  #10700 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Richard Burtonville, South Wales.
Posts: 1,874
Originally Posted by ORAC View Post
Considering the money trees Labour were using to buy votes, and their complaints about austerity, if would be difficult for them to complain.

Note I said difficult, not impossible. The hypocrisy of McDonnell, Abbott et al renders them capable of anything.....
I think the hypocrisy scales are pretty well balanced at the mo, don't you?

CG
charliegolf is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.