Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Fresh EASA fATPL holder move to US and convert to FAA to gain experience

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Fresh EASA fATPL holder move to US and convert to FAA to gain experience

Old 9th Oct 2019, 00:08
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: EU
Posts: 30
Fresh EASA fATPL holder move to US and convert to FAA to gain experience

Getting that first flying job in europe can be very difficult.

Anyone know the way, or any stories of converting the EASA fATPL to FAA USA and getting some experience in the USA and then coming back to Europe.

I heard that it is easier to gain employment in the USA as an instructor or at regional airlines because nobody there wants to work for them as the pay is similar to working as a waiter. But this could be a good chance to build experience.

Anyone know the process to get the necessary Quals/paperwork/Conversions Visas and anything else required.
or where I can research this / find the official documentation (Any links) I have tried and it is difficult for me to find this clear information.
yap800 is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2019, 12:23
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Meteorology Avenue 17
Age: 41
Posts: 185
An aviation degree or zero to hero from scratch (except ppl), both on F1 visa.
maximus610 is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2019, 16:10
  #3 (permalink)  
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Age: 43
Posts: 569
Not an easy thing if you already have a fATPL. Firstly you need a green card to work, you probably won't be eligible for a training visa because you're too qualified. Secondly, you'll need 250 hours for a commercial, you'll probably need to do another 300nm cross country, as the FAA require you to go 250nm away, then you'll need the IR and CFI tickets both of which require pretty thorough knowledge of FAR/AIM. You might be able to get a visa if you work at an EASA school in the US, which means an FI rating as well.
rudestuff is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.