Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

MCC Courses

Old 13th Apr 2018, 14:43
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: World
Posts: 0
MCC Courses

Hi all,
I am looking for a good MCC course. I heard SKY4U in Berlin are very good.
Any other recommendations?
Thanks in advance
Skyhigh_ is offline  
Old 13th Apr 2018, 16:10
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Posts: 12
I would strongly recommend Pilots Ato in Budapest, Hungary.
pilotczj is offline  
Old 14th Apr 2018, 00:30
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: looking for a cockpit
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by pilotczj View Post
I would strongly recommend Pilots Ato in Budapest, Hungary.
Hi, why do you recommend Pilots Ato ? what are pros and cons with them ?
thanks
johnjohncafe is offline  
Old 14th Apr 2018, 05:13
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Posts: 12
To starts with the drawbacks, I can only say that they are located in Budapest and not somewhere in a western capital so it might be a longer journey for you getting there, depending on where you live. However, it is located closely to the city centre so it is easily approachable.
To tell the truth I did my MCC somewhere else as it was included in my integrated training, however I know the company pretty well and they are doing a great job. At least 10 of my friends did their MCC+JOC there and they were very satisfied as the training gives you not only knowledge about the basic stuffs but about Airbus philosophy as well during the theory days. Most of them went to Wizzair since them and they had no problem with the sim assessment after sitting in that sim for hours during the courses, as it is pretty much working like the sim they have at wizz. The instructors are type rated, some of them are ex TRI so they are not only well prepared but they teach effecticely. If you are planning your future career on the Bus, then its a good idea to do it there, if you are sure that it is not your future aircraft, then I might recommend doing it somewhere else.
I hope that helps

Last edited by pilotczj; 14th Apr 2018 at 05:26.
pilotczj is offline  
Old 14th Apr 2018, 20:34
  #5 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: World
Posts: 0
I was looking for a 737 MCC as I wouldn't be interested in working for Wizz. Thanks anyway
Skyhigh_ is offline  
Old 15th Apr 2018, 02:39
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: looking for a cockpit
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by pilotczj View Post
To starts with the drawbacks, I can only say that they are located in Budapest and not somewhere in a western capital so it might be a longer journey for you getting there, depending on where you live. However, it is located closely to the city centre so it is easily approachable.
To tell the truth I did my MCC somewhere else as it was included in my integrated training, however I know the company pretty well and they are doing a great job. At least 10 of my friends did their MCC+JOC there and they were very satisfied as the training gives you not only knowledge about the basic stuffs but about Airbus philosophy as well during the theory days. Most of them went to Wizzair since them and they had no problem with the sim assessment after sitting in that sim for hours during the courses, as it is pretty much working like the sim they have at wizz. The instructors are type rated, some of them are ex TRI so they are not only well prepared but they teach effecticely. If you are planning your future career on the Bus, then its a good idea to do it there, if you are sure that it is not your future aircraft, then I might recommend doing it somewhere else.
I hope that helps
pilotczj, thanks for your tips ! since I am aiming to get into Wizzair once I complete my FAA to EASA conversion
johnjohncafe is offline  
Old 15th Apr 2018, 08:06
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by johnjohncafe View Post
pilotczj, thanks for your tips ! since I am aiming to get into Wizzair once I complete my FAA to EASA conversion
Your welcome. Good luck with doing that
pilotczj is offline  
Old 15th Apr 2018, 10:09
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: citizen of the world
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by johnjohncafe View Post
pilotczj, thanks for your tips ! since I am aiming to get into Wizzair once I complete my FAA to EASA conversion
Good luck mate, they are looking for a lot of people so as long as you pass the exams and the sim, you should be allright (remember its a ssim interview so dont be pancho and configurate and slow down asap)
alohadje is offline  
Old 16th Apr 2018, 00:00
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: looking for a cockpit
Posts: 22
Cheers pilotczj and alohadje !!
For now the hardest part is the ATPL theory "lunch"...FAA to EASA is a different story.
I can't wait to be able to attend an airline assesment
Just hope my age, I am a 40 years old low timer, will not be too much a factor.
johnjohncafe is offline  
Old 16th Apr 2018, 10:03
  #10 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: World
Posts: 0
Would anyone recommend Simtech in Dublin? I heard their SIM is quite old and they have a low pass rate at the assessment. They keep saying that Ryanair gives preference to their students however I heard from a reliable source that those claims are untrue and that Ryanair has no affiliations with Simtech whatsoever.
Skyhigh_ is offline  
Old 16th Apr 2018, 20:51
  #11 (permalink)  

de minimus non curat lex
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: sunny troon
Posts: 781
Look at the new APS.MCC at Virtual Aviation, Cambridge UK
parkfell is online now  
Old 19th Apr 2018, 13:32
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: citizen of the world
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by johnjohncafe View Post
Cheers pilotczj and alohadje !!
For now the hardest part is the ATPL theory "lunch"...FAA to EASA is a different story.
I can't wait to be able to attend an airline assesment
Just hope my age, I am a 40 years old low timer, will not be too much a factor.
THen my friend your best choice would be a low cost with a lot of hours within a short time and a quick entry seat on the left. At least you will catch up compared to most of the guys in the industry flying 4/7 hundred hours a year.
This is if you want to be competitive quickly on the market.
alohadje is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2018, 21:03
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: looking for a cockpit
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by alohadje View Post
THen my friend your best choice would be a low cost with a lot of hours within a short time and a quick entry seat on the left. At least you will catch up compared to most of the guys in the industry flying 4/7 hundred hours a year.
This is if you want to be competitive quickly on the market.
That is exactly what I am planning ! Cheers
alohadje 👍
I am making a lot if sacrifices to give up a comfortable but life is short and I do not want to have any regret ten years from now.
I must do my best 💪
johnjohncafe is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.