Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Sponsored Type Rating

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Ryanair Sponsored Type Rating

Old 13th Mar 2018, 13:25
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: London
Posts: 309
Is it actually legal under HMRC rules to claim the cost of a type rating back? And aren't HMRC starting look at these 'self employed' contracts as you do not meet any of the criteria set out by HMRC for being able to class as self employed.

In addition, HMRC are investing this tax dodge and sooner or later it is likely to catch up with people
cumbrianboy is offline  
Old 14th Mar 2018, 17:23
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Airone2977 View Post
For those who were successful at the assessment, couldn't afford the TR and therefore unable to complete TR within the 6 months time frame, do you think RYR would reconsider the application ?
Get in contact with the company who sent you the email regarding your successful assessment. Tell them the situation and ask about this new program.
sfarxo is offline  
Old 14th Mar 2018, 19:12
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Age: 32
Posts: 72
Anyone know which method of contact CAE use to invite you for an assessment? Is it email or phone call?


Thanks
Slipstream86 is offline  
Old 16th Mar 2018, 13:37
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United kingdom
Age: 33
Posts: 5
Mr B737

Hi, they normally send you an email saying you would get a call withon 10 days from CAE. THEN YOU GET A CALL AFTER FEW DAYS. HOPE IT HELPS
Hameed23 is offline  
Old 16th Mar 2018, 13:40
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United kingdom
Age: 33
Posts: 5
Had an assessment with them last year. It was uncussfull as I beleive I messed up in the SIM session coming to the final approach.
Hameed23 is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2018, 09:24
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Lisbon
Posts: 3
If the figures stated above are correct (64.000 p/a), does that mean that you won't be paid by block hours?
TheCessnaMan is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 08:45
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 374
Another thing i come up with: since Ryanair will be paying the social security for you, it will be very difficult to get a base of your choice. Eg. In Germany, Belgium as a company you pay a lot to the social security system. So probably you will get based in the middle of nowhere.

Just an idea.
dboy is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 10:05
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Spain
Posts: 166
Originally Posted by dboy View Post
Another thing i come up with: since Ryanair will be paying the social security for you, it will be very difficult to get a base of your choice. Eg. In Germany, Belgium as a company you pay a lot to the social security system. So probably you will get based in the middle of nowhere.

Just an idea.
Would they not simply put you where they need you? If your base of choice happens to be in one of the bases with a pilot deficit then it's a win for both the airline and pilot.
Jaair is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 16:31
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 29
Does anyone have any informed information showing which bases across Ryanair network are experiencing a shortage of pilots? Are Dublin, Edinburgh and Stansted still experiencing a shortfall? Can anyone advise? Thanks
Sharklet7 is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2018, 14:57
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 2
Would be a good question which are the bases where a shortage of pilots exist and which ones have a long waiting list.

1) Is the language proficiency encountered? (So for example if I speak Italian but live in germany, is it possible that they base me in Italy because of the Italian language?)
2) Also would be interesting to know if we have to pay taxes on the base or we pay irish taxes?
3) Last but not least. For new cadets payscheme is really excellent and structured as follows:

Junior First Officer Basic --> approx 30% of the yearly total salary
Annual Productivity Bonus --> approx 5-10% of the yearly total salary
Sector Pay (850 scheduled hours) --> 50% of the yearly total salary
Annual Leave (29 days) --> approx 5% of the yearly salary
Annual Pilot Allowance 5,500 --> approx 5-10% of the yearly total salary
additional:
Optional Annual Pension 3,000

As you can see the sector pay (calculated with 850 scheduled hours) is about the half of the whole salary. Is this taxable or not?
And which of the other components are taxable?

Thank you so much for your help guys!
chavodelocho is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2018, 07:42
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BHX
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by chavodelocho View Post
Would be a good question which are the bases where a shortage of pilots exist and which ones have a long waiting list.

1) Is the language proficiency encountered? (So for example if I speak Italian but live in germany, is it possible that they base me in Italy because of the Italian language?)
2) Also would be interesting to know if we have to pay taxes on the base or we pay irish taxes?
3) Last but not least. For new cadets payscheme is really excellent and structured as follows:

Junior First Officer Basic --> approx 30% of the yearly total salary
Annual Productivity Bonus --> approx 5-10% of the yearly total salary
Sector Pay (850 scheduled hours) --> 50% of the yearly total salary
Annual Leave (29 days) --> approx 5% of the yearly salary
Annual Pilot Allowance 5,500 --> approx 5-10% of the yearly total salary
additional:
Optional Annual Pension 3,000

As you can see the sector pay (calculated with 850 scheduled hours) is about the half of the whole salary. Is this taxable or not?
And which of the other components are taxable?

Thank you so much for your help guys!
of course the hours are taxable.
Any there is no shortage of pilots in Ryanair. Certainly not F/Os, Captains yes!
Citationcj2 is offline  
Old 7th May 2018, 09:55
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ireland
Posts: 2
Guys what do you recommend. I applied just under a month ago - I have 2000hrs turboprop. I meet all the requirements to apply through CAE but I haven't had any reply. I didn't provide a flight school training cert because my school doesn't exist anymore however I supplied everything else including certs from my current employer. I'm concerned about my application but it says do not contact them regarding status of application..... anyone else had a similar issue? Thanks
flugfaw is offline  
Old 7th May 2018, 13:17
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by TangoAlphad View Post
You have 2000 hrs on a multi crew turbo prop and you are going to Ryanair? Is this turboprop in Libya or Somalia or something ?
He wouldn't be the only turboprop experienced pilot going to Ryanair. And believe it or not, for several people Ryanair is the best option.
Banana Joe is online now  
Old 7th May 2018, 17:06
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ireland
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
He wouldn't be the only turboprop experienced pilot going to Ryanair. And believe it or not, for several people Ryanair is the best option.
Exactly. The majority are applying!
flugfaw is offline  
Old 14th Mar 2019, 15:13
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: England
Posts: 40
Are RYR still aggressively recruiting low hour pilots and bonding the TR?
WingsofRoffa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.