Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Old 11th Dec 2019, 10:31
  #9061 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 135
how many assestment do they perform per month in this period? thanks
fiducioso is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 13:27
  #9062 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Wondrex View Post
Guys! I need to warn you about the scam RYR is up to. After line training with Ryanair DAC, my all TR course (so myself included) has been sent to Poland and FORCED to sign a Buzz (self employed) contract with Warsaw Aviation... and it's the same shit for the whole TR course before mine.
Fail to see how they forced you and how its a bad thing to be self employed ? Most in RYR are and have a bigger salary because of that.
You always have a choice, you chose to take it. At the end of the day you have a job, you will be logging hours and getting paid for that.
paul_v1 is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 14:04
  #9063 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: World
Posts: 174
Originally Posted by Wondrex View Post
Jeez... Why being an airline pilot if you still wanna live with mummy and daddy and your buddies or with your wife/husband and kids.
Excuse me but if you choose that career you know there will be sacrifices. You know that sooner or later you will have to say bye bye to Mummy and Daddy or to say to your wife and kids that you need to move especially if you want to fly with Ryanair because you know that Ryanair has hundreds of bases and thousands of pilots and they won't let you choose your base.
And obviously you want to stay around Belgium why don't you go Brussels Airlines you will be based in the wonderful airport of Zaventem. Or ASL in Liège.*
If you want to be a spoiled child *well indeed you should avoid wasting their times and yours.
No hard feeling mate.
In addition to what*paul_v1*said, weren't you giving people lessons about being flexible and all that a few months ago? :-)
BoeingLudo737 is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 14:17
  #9064 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by BoeingLudo737 View Post
In addition to what*paul_v1*said, weren't you giving people lessons about being flexible and all that a few months ago? :-)
I'm not talking about a base dude. As you highlited with one of my previous post, I don't give a flying f**k about the base, I'm talking about the method.
Wondrex is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 06:39
  #9065 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Italy
Age: 31
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by Wondrex View Post
Middle finger and pay the rest of the type rating cost...
I don't wanna sound rude, but you choose to pay for your own TR...nobody forced you to do that. Terms and conditions start from us. As long as people will sign anything proposed they can only get worse.
bulldog89 is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 06:44
  #9066 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Italy
Age: 31
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by paul_v1 View Post
Fail to see how they forced you and how its a bad thing to be self employed ? Most in RYR are and have a bigger salary because of that.
You always have a choice, you chose to take it. At the end of the day you have a job, you will be logging hours and getting paid for that.
I'm sorry but the "at the end of the day" does not apply here.
To be self-employed you have to meet certain conditions, otherwise you MUST have an employee contract.
Fake self-employment means you can be prosecuted...

Apparently some countries are enforcing this while others don't. This is why they're trying to send everyone to Buzz.
bulldog89 is offline  
Old 25th Dec 2019, 11:33
  #9067 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BHX
Posts: 78
Its amazing to read all the enthusiasm on here from people before they get the job and then afterwards coming here crying!
Unfortunately because people like you are willing to sign and accept those poor conditions and shit pay, things are the way they are. Its a vicious circle.
Airlines get away with it as long as people are willing to fly for free.
Im yet to see a satisfied cadet. They all feel like they’ve been shafted after a while.
Remember its not all doom and gloom the way flightschools seem to tell you & sell you!

Citationcj2 is offline  
Old 25th Dec 2019, 13:11
  #9068 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: in the sky
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by Wondrex View Post
Guys! I need to warn you about the scam RYR is up to. After line training with Ryanair DAC, my all TR course (so myself included) has been sent to Poland and FORCED to sign a Buzz (self employed) contract with Warsaw Aviation... and it's the same shit for the whole TR course before mine.
So they held a gun to you're head then????
if you had bothered to read the news this year you would have seen what is happening in the industry. The Max is still not flying, who knows when it will, Ryanair are responding to the lack of growth the way any business will, cut costs. If it can squeeze your salary then it will. Is it right, well it's just business.
No one has forced you to do anything, you have decided to do it. If I were you I would shit or get off the pot. Who knows in 18 Months you might be able to join Jet2.
Meanwhile treat it as an adventure, there are too many at Ryanair who are prepared to accept their t and c's so if you don't like it leave. Sadly you won't, just as others won't.

Last edited by Brian Pern; 25th Dec 2019 at 13:42.
Brian Pern is offline  
Old 25th Dec 2019, 13:31
  #9069 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Up there
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by Citationcj2 View Post
Its amazing to read all the enthusiasm on here from people before they get the job and then afterwards coming here crying!
Unfortunately because people like you are willing to sign and accept those poor conditions and shit pay, things are the way they are. Its a vicious circle.
Airlines get away with it as long as people are willing to fly for free.
Im yet to see a satisfied cadet. They all feel like they’ve been shafted after a while.
Remember its not all doom and gloom the way flightschools seem to tell you & sell you!

Just FYI: I am pretty much satisfied. Employed at the mainline, stable salary, base I want...of course it could always be better, but for me, and quite a few people I know, it was the right choice.
flyfan is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2019, 12:12
  #9070 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: ro
Posts: 19
hi, i applied in ryanair 20 days ago. there is a note written under it....." Any documents currently under review cannot be changed or replaced. "
so..how can i understand when they are checking all my documents?
thanks
giovari is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2019, 16:54
  #9071 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: up in the air
Posts: 7
skyinstructor.com is offline

You still can download all the resources from skyinstructor.webflow.io

hope to have helped a tone of people through skyinstructor

thanks
karris7 is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2020, 15:54
  #9072 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Spain
Posts: 13
Hello guys,

Long time follower of this thread and my first post in the forum.

After finishing the APS MCC in Simtech last June I made the application for Ryanair a few weeks after, just when they were about to close the cadet program. I got the online assessment email in September, and got positive feedback in November. Since then, no updates so far, just the talent pool thing.

Has any of you guys in the same situation applied to Lauda cadet program at the same time? I am afraid they cannot longer consider my application to Ryanair DAC after doing this. What do you guys think?

P.S. Haven’t heard anything from Lauda yet.
LEALLEMD is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2020, 20:59
  #9073 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Romania
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by LEALLEMD View Post
Hello guys,

Long time follower of this thread and my first post in the forum.

After finishing the APS MCC in Simtech last June I made the application for Ryanair a few weeks after, just when they were about to close the cadet program. I got the online assessment email in September, and got positive feedback in November. Since then, no updates so far, just the talent pool thing.

Has any of you guys in the same situation applied to Lauda cadet program at the same time? I am afraid they cannot longer consider my application to Ryanair DAC after doing this. What do you guys think?

P.S. Haven’t heard anything from Lauda yet.
Hello mate. Same here.
passed the online assessment and still waiting in that talented pool
I did not apply for Lauda. Waiting on RyanAir.
loliklol is offline  
Old 13th Jan 2020, 15:50
  #9074 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: London
Posts: 25
Hello everyone,

As I planned to get my UPRT soon, I wonder if any of you applied recently to Ryanair and got an interview ( within last 2 months ) ?

Or did anyone apply and got any news related to Lauda instead ?

thanks in advance
Jamesflyer1 is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2020, 13:40
  #9075 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mars
Posts: 18
RYR Recruitment is open

Just to let you all know

The Cadetship is open again

Mrpeewee is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 19:07
  #9076 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Spain
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Mrpeewee View Post
Just to let you all know

The Cadetship is open again

Indeed. I’ve been emailed today. In the holding list since November.
LEALLEMD is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 21:57
  #9077 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London
Posts: 66
does anybody know what you put into the english language proficiency section of the CAE portal when you have a level 6 and nothing other than your licence to confirm?
FlyingGreek is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2020, 09:58
  #9078 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 52
Make sure that the UPRT-A is completed! It is a requirement now.
pilot freak is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2020, 13:37
  #9079 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Trying to gain control of Roma
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Mrpeewee View Post
Just to let you all know

The Cadetship is open again
How do you know? have RYR contacted you?
And just for the sake of my own interest; why have they opened again? Per my understanding, the MAX hasn't been approved yet, right?

Regards
JuliusCaesar is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2020, 20:08
  #9080 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by JuliusCaesar View Post
How do you know? have RYR contacted you?
And just for the sake of my own interest; why have they opened again? Per my understanding, the MAX hasn't been approved yet, right?

Regards
Can confirm the process has reopened. The CAE website is now actively seeking applications rather than the expressions of interest they were welcoming over the last few months. Having completed a Ryanair Mentored APS last year, I successfully completed the Ryanair assessment this week.
CT2160 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.